#1 producer_ben

producer_ben

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:09 AM

Hi All,
I have just moved from nero because, well they are shockingly bad and the new software really does stink.
Anyways, trying to rip some genuine shop purchased cds, but I do not get any CDDB results.  Just track 1, cd track 2, etc,etc.  I have a version of creative play centre with gracenote cddb and it finds all my cds i put in, including this.
Is there a fix or something i am doing slightly different than everyone else?  I have hundreds of cds, I cant be typing them all in

Thanks
Laptop (Roxio System)
-------
Dell Inspiron 1545
Duel 2.3ghz Intel CPU
4 GB Ram
500 GB HD
Windows 7 Pro (64bit)

Studio
------
Custom Build Duel 4 GHZ Pentium CPU
4 GB Ram
2 x 500 GB HD
Win XP Pro 64 bit
Dual Nvidia Graphics 256mb Cache
Dual Samsung CD/DVD r/rw  (lightscribe)
Rme Hammer Fall pci sound card
Presonus Digimax 8 x2 preamps
Numerous recording/production related progs,plugs and hardware. Feel free to ask

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,882 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:13 AM

View Postproducer_ben, on 17 September 2011 - 08:09 AM, said:

Hi All,
I have just moved from nero because, well they are shockingly bad and the new software really does stink.
Anyways, trying to rip some genuine shop purchased cds, but I do not get any CDDB results.  Just track 1, cd track 2, etc,etc.  I have a version of creative play centre with gracenote cddb and it finds all my cds i put in, including this.
Is there a fix or something i am doing slightly different than everyone else?  I have hundreds of cds, I cant be typing them all in

Thanks

I have no problems getting CDDB results using the C2012 audio rip task.
Perhaps if you were to supply some information on exactly what you are doing, someone can  help.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,080 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:28 PM

View Postproducer_ben, on 17 September 2011 - 08:09 AM, said:

but I do not get any CDDB results.  Just track 1, cd track 2, etc,etc.  I have a version of creative play centre with gracenote cddb and it finds all my cds i put in, including this.

Gracenotes' CDDB lookup system seems to work okay for people who don't also have a similar lookup system installed. I'd guess that your Creative software is hijacking or breaking the system inside Creator 2012.

The two different sets of software are likely to have files with the same name/function, or to be trying to use the same settings or registry entries, and chaos has ensued.

You might have to settle for having one or the other installed, but not both.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

#4 producer_ben

producer_ben

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

Hi there,
sorry for the brief description earlier.
Basically, I am building a media drive/streamer for my home.  All my cds need to be ripped (i am choosing 320 constant).
This program looks the business, but the cddb is pretty naff.
For example I gave just purchased 12 double albums which are the history of trojan records (2011 releases).
If i rip the mp3 with the crative jukebox, gracenote database finds them in a flash, all correct and fine.  If i use roxio, it cant find the discs and wants me to tyoe them all in....no thanks :-)
I then thought I'd try a different cd, so I tried blackeyed peas's Elephunk. In creative, this comes up instanly, correct and fine. I put it in the roxio version and about 5 different versions came up, all different languages, some with typos.  I selected the normal 16 track versio (no bonus material) and the track listing was so incredibly wrong.
What can I do about this.  One post says it was possibly a clash with creative, but I dont think it is.  The roxio version does not seem to use gracenote )as no flashing logo when scanning), When i was a Nero boy, I had both on there)creative and nero) and the both used gracenote, all was well.  
And just beofre anyone asks why i need both creative jukebox ripper and another ripper, I intend to remove the creative one as it's a version I cracked.  Basially I used to have a SB audigy and i wanted to use the ripper on anothor machine that had not a creative bit of hardware.  The jke box originally would not install if no other creative hardware is found.  My crack resolved this making it "multi region".
So in short once I am happy with roxio version, creative will go, but not until then.

Is it maybe possible that I can change the cddb in roxio to use gracenote?  It's really good :-)
Laptop (Roxio System)
-------
Dell Inspiron 1545
Duel 2.3ghz Intel CPU
4 GB Ram
500 GB HD
Windows 7 Pro (64bit)

Studio
------
4 GB Ram
2 x 500 GB HD
Win XP Pro 64 bit
Numerous recording/production related progs,plugs and hardware. Feel free to ask

#5 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,882 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:34 PM

View Postproducer_ben, on 17 September 2011 - 05:37 PM, said:

Hi there,
sorry for the brief description earlier.
Basically, I am building a media drive/streamer for my home.  All my cds need to be ripped (i am choosing 320 constant).
This program looks the business, but the cddb is pretty naff.
For example I gave just purchased 12 double albums which are the history of trojan records (2011 releases).
If i rip the mp3 with the crative jukebox, gracenote database finds them in a flash, all correct and fine.  If i use roxio, it cant find the discs and wants me to tyoe them all in....no thanks :-)
I then thought I'd try a different cd, so I tried blackeyed peas's Elephunk. In creative, this comes up instanly, correct and fine. I put it in the roxio version and about 5 different versions came up, all different languages, some with typos.  I selected the normal 16 track versio (no bonus material) and the track listing was so incredibly wrong.
What can I do about this.  One post says it was possibly a clash with creative, but I dont think it is.  The roxio version does not seem to use gracenote )as no flashing logo when scanning), When i was a Nero boy, I had both on there)creative and nero) and the both used gracenote, all was well.  
And just beofre anyone asks why i need both creative jukebox ripper and another ripper, I intend to remove the creative one as it's a version I cracked.  Basially I used to have a SB audigy and i wanted to use the ripper on anothor machine that had not a creative bit of hardware.  The jke box originally would not install if no other creative hardware is found.  My crack resolved this making it "multi region".
So in short once I am happy with roxio version, creative will go, but not until then.

Is it maybe possible that I can change the cddb in roxio to use gracenote?  It's really good :-)

It is obvious you do not understand how the Gracenote CDDB works (Roxio does use it by the way). The CDDB is created by users initially entering the date for any CD they have. If different versions appear it is because different versions have been entered from all over the world. A CD from the US may not be ėdentical`to a CD from Europe or from Japan even though it has the same title. I get `duplicate`entries all the time when reading CDs. You just have to select the one that is the same as what you have.

It also seems from your posts that a lot of what you are doing is illegal. Anytime you use a `crack`it means that you are breaking some lock which makes it illegal.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
SoundMAX Digital Audio
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit

#6 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,080 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:55 AM

View Postproducer_ben, on 17 September 2011 - 05:37 PM, said:

One post says it was possibly a clash with creative, but I dont think it is.  The roxio version does not seem to use gracenote )as no flashing logo when scanning),

Think what you might, it is a clash with the Creative software.

Roxio does use Gracenote.

Gracenote Inc. are the owners of the CDDB.

If you don't see the Gracenote rolling logo, it's probably because the Roxio software is being screwed up by the Creative effort.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,

"I did it until . . "

#7 producer_ben

producer_ben

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:55 AM

View Postmyguggi, on 17 September 2011 - 07:34 PM, said:

It is obvious you do not understand how the Gracenote CDDB works (Roxio does use it by the way). The CDDB is created by users initially entering the date for any CD they have. If different versions appear it is because different versions have been entered from all over the world. A CD from the US may not be ėdentical`to a CD from Europe or from Japan even though it has the same title. I get `duplicate`entries all the time when reading CDs. You just have to select the one that is the same as what you have.

It also seems from your posts that a lot of what you are doing is illegal. Anytime you use a `crack`it means that you are breaking some lock which makes it illegal.

Hello, I just wish to point out that you are making very poor assumptions. "a lot of what i am doing is illegal".  Every single piece of software and all my computer based products are 100% genuine. All my music and video is 100% purchased from recognised retail outlets.  The ONE sinlge alteration I made was to the creative jukebox so as I could use it on a different machine at the time.  Agreed, possibly not 100% legal as I have doctored a piece of software, but this is why I say I wish to remove it once I have roxio sorted.   If I was releasing this verion via a torrent or selling it for making money, yes, this would be 100% illegal and wrong.
Also, I wish to add that I do have an idea how gracenote cddb works.  The only reason I have asked about it is that 1, the gracenote logo does not appear when it is searching the db and 2, why the same cds vary in recogniton results.  I am thinking that roxio uses freedb as opposed to gracenote as free db is more "user input" orientated than gracenote.
Myself and other users, appreciate being spoken to as humans rather than with a snobby arrogent tone.  You have "guru" satus, therefore, please use your status correctly and answer, rather than making assumptions.  As the saying goes, assume makes and &%$ out of U and ME.
Laptop (Roxio System)
-------
Dell Inspiron 1545
Duel 2.3ghz Intel CPU
4 GB Ram
500 GB HD
Windows 7 Pro (64bit)

Studio
------
4 GB Ram
2 x 500 GB HD
Win XP Pro 64 bit

#8 producer_ben

producer_ben

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:58 AM

View PostBrendon, on 18 September 2011 - 04:55 AM, said:

Think what you might, it is a clash with the Creative software.

Roxio does use Gracenote.

Gracenote Inc. are the owners of the CDDB.

If you don't see the Gracenote rolling logo, it's probably because the Roxio software is being screwed up by the Creative effort.
  Hi Brendon,
Thanks for this useful hint.  I will try uninstalling creative and see what happens.  As you correctly point out, there is no gracenote logo happening.
I will let you know my findings
Laptop (Roxio System)
-------
Dell Inspiron 1545
Duel 2.3ghz Intel CPU
4 GB Ram
500 GB HD
Windows 7 Pro (64bit)

Studio
------
4 GB Ram
2 x 500 GB HD
Win XP Pro 64 bit

#9 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,882 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:06 AM

View Postproducer_ben, on 18 September 2011 - 09:55 AM, said:

Hello, I just wish to point out that you are making very poor assumptions. "a lot of what i am doing is illegal".  Every single piece of software and all my computer based products are 100% genuine. All my music and video is 100% purchased from recognised retail outlets.  The ONE sinlge alteration I made was to the creative jukebox so as I could use it on a different machine at the time.  Agreed, possibly not 100% legal as I have doctored a piece of software, but this is why I say I wish to remove it once I have roxio sorted.   If I was releasing this verion via a torrent or selling it for making money, yes, this would be 100% illegal and wrong.
Also, I wish to add that I do have an idea how gracenote cddb works.  The only reason I have asked about it is that 1, the gracenote logo does not appear when it is searching the db and 2, why the same cds vary in recogniton results.  I am thinking that roxio uses freedb as opposed to gracenote as free db is more "user input" orientated than gracenote.
Myself and other users, appreciate being spoken to as humans rather than with a snobby arrogent tone.  You have "guru" satus, therefore, please use your status correctly and answer, rather than making assumptions.  As the saying goes, assume makes and &%$ out of U and ME.

I am not making a "very poor assumption". If you are copying anything from copy protected DVD you are breaking the protection and that is illegal. I am not talking about any software you use or own. You do not own the content of the DVD, all you own is the physical media and it doesn't matter where you bought it.
Roxio only uses Gracenote CDDB and the same CD giving different results is not uncommen for the reason I explained.

Walt

SoundMAX Digital Audio

#10 producer_ben

producer_ben

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:13 AM

View Postmyguggi, on 18 September 2011 - 10:06 AM, said:

I am not making a "very poor assumption". If you are copying anything from copy protected DVD you are breaking the protection and that is illegal. I am not talking about any software you use or own. You do not own the content of the DVD, all you own is the physical media and it doesn't matter where you bought it.
Roxio only uses Gracenote CDDB and the same CD giving different results is not uncommen for the reason I explained.

i don't wish to turn this into a big deal, in my understanding of the UK copyright law, OWNERS are entitled to make a "backup" of their purchase.  If it was so "illegal" why would companies such as apple enable you to "rip" your dvds to their ipods?  I am doing the same, except for putting tthem onto my home media streaming netork which is intended for my own personal use.  It is also the same as copying VHS movies to dvd or other digital formats.  You own the original, you are making a backup onto digital.

Edited by producer_ben, 18 September 2011 - 10:16 AM.

Laptop (Roxio System)
-------
Dell Inspiron 1545
Duel 2.3ghz Intel CPU
4 GB Ram
500 GB HD
Windows 7 Pro (64bit)

Studio
------
4 GB Ram
2 x 500 GB HD
Win XP Pro 64 bit

#11 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:17 AM

With discs it's legal PROVIDED there has been no encryption of the source. Breaking the encryption is what is illegal.

However, back-engineering the Creative software to work on an alternative audio system could possibly be a breach of the license (not having actually read the Creative license I'm only guessing)
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#12 producer_ben

producer_ben

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:39 AM

View Postgi7omy, on 18 September 2011 - 10:17 AM, said:

With discs it's legal PROVIDED there has been no encryption of the source. Breaking the encryption is what is illegal.

However, back-engineering the Creative software to work on an alternative audio system could possibly be a breach of the license (not having actually read the Creative license I'm only guessing)

Hi gi7omy,
Yes I'm aware what I did the creative is no doubt breaching the license as altering ini's is not "basic" and kind of alters the software as the company intended.  But as i say, I want to remove it once I have roxio working.  That's half the point of me getting this and nero only allowed me to rip at a max of 192 constant (bit to naff for me)

I am finding the DVD ripping a bit of a grey area though as there are so many media players on the market and they all enable you in one way or another to rip your dvds on to them.  Does that mean that they are comitting an offence too?
Laptop (Roxio System)
-------
Dell Inspiron 1545
Duel 2.3ghz Intel CPU
4 GB Ram
500 GB HD
Windows 7 Pro (64bit)

Studio
------
4 GB Ram
2 x 500 GB HD
Win XP Pro 64 bit

#13 producer_ben

producer_ben

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:28 AM

View Postproducer_ben, on 18 September 2011 - 09:58 AM, said:

Hi Brendon,
Thanks for this useful hint.  I will try uninstalling creative and see what happens.  As you correctly point out, there is no gracenote logo happening.
I will let you know my findings

Hi Brendon,
I have just removed the creative siftware, but still no gracenote icon and no result for the offending disc on this software
Laptop (Roxio System)
-------
Dell Inspiron 1545
Duel 2.3ghz Intel CPU
4 GB Ram
500 GB HD
Windows 7 Pro (64bit)

Studio
------
4 GB Ram
2 x 500 GB HD
Win XP Pro 64 bit

#14 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,080 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

Ben,

In the USA it is illegal to break DVD protection regardless of any right to make personal backups. If the RIAA and all the elected representatives in the USA whom they pay 'lobby' had their way, every country in the world would be made to pass laws absolutely prohibiting any copying of anything. Thankfully it hasn't come to that yet and laws differ greatly between countries, but that's why the water is so murky.

However, that's politics. Let's get back to technical things.

Cdanteek,- who tries everything before he says anything, bless him - assures me that he has had C2012 and Creative installed together and each of them was working well with Gracenote and the CDDB. That indicates that I was almost certainly wrong in putting your problem down to a simple conflict, and I apologize for that.

Since you've uninstalled Creative, can I suggest that you go to Programs and Features in your Control Panel and call up a REPAIR on Creator 2012? The Repair is supposed to put files and settings back how they should be, and I'm hoping it will straighten up your Gracenote response. If it doesn't, I'm not sure what to do next.

Regards,
Brendon

"I did it until . . "

#15 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,699 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:42 AM

If I may, a couple of comments.

I do not see the Grace notes logo in Creator 2012 either.  It may flash by too quickly.   You could see it in earlier versions. The fact that the search window opens means that the Gracenotes search facility is working.

I put 8 songs from one album in "Edit Song Information" and did a search.  Seven of the songs were identified correctly.  The eighth did not identify properly.  It also did not identify properly when I manually entered the artist and the name of the album. I'm going to chalk that up to someone entering the information in the Gracenotes database incorrectly or a glitch in the song itself.

Note that in Creator 2011, when doing a search, it asked if you wanted to do a normal search or a more complete search.   I do not see that in Creator 2012.

I know you have a lot of albums to rip but try ripping one to a wav file and seach for that with Gracenotes.  I found one source that indicates that Gracenotes doesn't work well with mp3 files.  That is one source but it has some ring of truth.  As you know mp3 files can have different properties.

BTW, the more information you enter into the search box, the better it is -  the album name (for a album) the artist, etc.  Since you are ripping LP, you may want to rip them to a folder and identify the songs in that folder later.  I hope it will work for you for those standard album.  I know it will not work for obsolete or specialty albums.

I have Creative on my computer and I do not have a clash.

BTW,  Gracenotes is now owned by Sony.-- Enough said !?

Edited by sknis, 19 September 2011 - 03:57 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#16 producer_ben

producer_ben

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:37 AM

View PostBrendon, on 18 September 2011 - 05:17 PM, said:

Ben,

In the USA it is illegal to break DVD protection regardless of any right to make personal backups. If the RIAA and all the elected representatives in the USA whom they pay 'lobby' had their way, every country in the world would be made to pass laws absolutely prohibiting any copying of anything. Thankfully it hasn't come to that yet and laws differ greatly between countries, but that's why the water is so murky.

However, that's politics. Let's get back to technical things.

Cdanteek,- who tries everything before he says anything, bless him - assures me that he has had C2012 and Creative installed together and each of them was working well with Gracenote and the CDDB. That indicates that I was almost certainly wrong in putting your problem down to a simple conflict, and I apologize for that.

Since you've uninstalled Creative, can I suggest that you go to Programs and Features in your Control Panel and call up a REPAIR on Creator 2012? The Repair is supposed to put files and settings back how they should be, and I'm hoping it will straighten up your Gracenote response. If it doesn't, I'm not sure what to do next.

Regards,
Brendon

Hi Brendon!
Thought I would check back in and I found your new post about running a repair.  Well even though no gracenote logo, I have run a repair and all those new albums now appear instantly as they should.  Thank you very much and thanks to the other forum members who provided helpful hints.

I have one further question, but don't know if it is possible here.  Can I change the output file NAME.  For example, I like my audio files to appear as :
Track number - Track Name - Artist - Album.mp3 (or other extension required)

The way they now currently rip gives just the track name and number which is not that helpful as it does not fit in with the rest of my collection.

Finally, I have a couple of mp3s that I don't know there track artist or name, is there a function in roxio that will help me out with this or does anyone know a SHAZAM type mp3 labeler.  I have used Picard before, but as it is user added and updated and mainly from the usa, it can be quite wrong or unlisted.

Thanks again folks
Laptop (Roxio System)
-------
Dell Inspiron 1545
Duel 2.3ghz Intel CPU
4 GB Ram
500 GB HD
Windows 7 Pro (64bit)

Studio
------
4 GB Ram
2 x 500 GB HD
Win XP Pro 64 bit

#17 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,882 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

View Postproducer_ben, on 19 September 2011 - 10:37 AM, said:

Hi Brendon!
Thought I would check back in and I found your new post about running a repair.  Well even though no gracenote logo, I have run a repair and all those new albums now appear instantly as they should.  Thank you very much and thanks to the other forum members who provided helpful hints.

I have one further question, but don't know if it is possible here.  Can I change the output file NAME.  For example, I like my audio files to appear as :

The way they now currently rip gives just the track name and number which is not that helpful as it does not fit in with the rest of my collection.

Finally, I have a couple of mp3s that I don't know there track artist or name, is there a function in roxio that will help me out with this or does anyone know a SHAZAM type mp3 labeler.  I have used Picard before, but as it is user added and updated and mainly from the usa, it can be quite wrong or unlisted.

Thanks again folks

Well I think I have to backpedal about regarding Roxio using the Gracenote CDDB. When you setup to search for CD data the option says "lookup track information for unrecognized CDs with Rovi Music". Since Rovi Music (google it) is a competitor to Gracenote and Rovi now owns Sonic/Roxio, I would think that Roxio would use the Rovi database.

Walt

SoundMAX Digital Audio

#18 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,080 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

View Postproducer_ben, on 19 September 2011 - 10:37 AM, said:

Hello again,

I'm glad the Repair worked. That was a relief.

I'll have to join Walt and backtrack away from Gracenote. I was using a machine where I had the old version 6 installed as well as Creator 2012, and Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 was rolling the Gracenote logo at me even though I was running in C2012. [big blush!!] I've deleted that lot now, and the indications are that either Rovicorp now has its own CD database, or it's accessing the CDDB through its own interface. Either way, on a clean install I don't see the Gracenote logo any more.

To answer your question about output filename, if you go into Attached File  ra.jpg   2.43K   0 downloads you'll get into the Roxio Multiple Audio CD Ripper, which can be used for single disc ripping. Through the Settings button, 'Filename/Folder Structure' tab you'll find a bunch of settings and there might be one there which does what you want.

The setting seems to affect only the Multiple ripper. There you have to rip the whole CD before you can see track names, but at least you can uncheck the tracks you don't want to save before you click 'Finish'. Not ideal, but I hope it will be enough for you.

One good thing about this new Rovimusic interface, the track names don't seem to be stored permanently as they were in the old interface. If you're asked to select from several results and you pick the wrong one, you're not stuck with your first choice.

Attached File  matched.jpg   35.16K   0 downloads

Just eject the CD and reinsert it, then you'll get the list again and can pick a different result.

Regards,
Brendon

"I did it until . . "

#19 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,134 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:40 AM

The Advanced Ripper is definitely the way to go if you're going to rip numerous full cd's.
I think you'll get the format you're looking for.
Mine are the same way except I don't use the track numbers.

I used it when I ripped my collection and it worked well.
I used it in 2011 and it only gave you the one shot at getting the disc identified correctly.I like the way the new Rovi database works.

If you're only ripping a track here and there it can be quite cumbersome because it rips then saves like Brendon said.

Remember,like any built database you will find the occasional disc that just doesn't get identified for whatever reason.
You'll find that most often on obscure discs.

Edited by tbrewst, 20 September 2011 - 04:42 AM.

RIP Johnny Winter

Terry

64 bitWindows 8.1 OS
AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5Ghz processor with Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ motherboard
Galaxy  GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card with 1Gb memory
8Gb G Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3 1600 RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD drive
1Tb Hitachi SATA hard drive
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray drive
Lite-On iHAS224-06 SATA DVD drive
Rosewill Destroyer case