#1 producer_ben

producer_ben

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:17 AM

Hi,
I have had izotope audio tool bundled with my 2012 suite, but why can i not use it with video editting?  I though it was a plug in not a stand alone.

Many thanks
Laptop (Roxio System)
-------
Dell Inspiron 1545
Duel 2.3ghz Intel CPU
4 GB Ram
500 GB HD
Windows 7 Pro (64bit)

Studio
------
Custom Build Duel 4 GHZ Pentium CPU
4 GB Ram
2 x 500 GB HD
Win XP Pro 64 bit
Dual Nvidia Graphics 256mb Cache
Dual Samsung CD/DVD r/rw  (lightscribe)
Rme Hammer Fall pci sound card
Presonus Digimax 8 x2 preamps
Numerous recording/production related progs,plugs and hardware. Feel free to ask

#2 mrpcrook

mrpcrook

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:05 AM

Anyone can help with this. Is it possiable within Videowave to clean up Video Audio with Izotope, at the momemt you only get to use Videowave clean up tool which is not very advanced.

#3 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,258 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:03 AM

I have to admit I have not tried the izotope at all :huh:

I was under the impression it was a stand-alone program... And not any sort of a plug in OR even seen in the Suite.

In THAT case, you would look for it in the Start tree from Window Start Button.

I'm away from my 2012 Suite so maybe someone would check that notion of mine and report what they find ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 16 October 2011 - 03:05 AM.

Posted Image

#4 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,118 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:56 AM

According to page 13 of the Help file you can edit audio from a movie file,however I don't believe you can call the program from inside VideoWave.At least I couldn't figure how.

Page 13:

File Formats
Music & Speech Cleaner can open and save the following file formats.
Open: WAV, AIF, MP3, M4A, AAC, WMA, MOV, MP4, AVI
Note:when opening the movie file types (MOV, MP4, AVI) Music & Speech Cleaner will automatically extract the audio portion from the video file to work with.
Save: WAV, AIF
Your recordings will be saved as .wav files. These .wav files can be opened by all major media applications on both Windows and Mac and can also be converted into other formats such as .mp3, .mp4, or .aiff in applications such as iTunes.
Quicktime
For opening certain file types, Music & Speech Cleaner requires that you have the latest version of Apple's Quicktime audio player installed on your Windows or Mac machine.
Quicktime player is free and can be downloaded direct from Apple's website:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

Edited by tbrewst, 16 October 2011 - 04:56 AM.

RIP Johnny Winter

Terry

64 bitWindows 8.1 OS
AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5Ghz processor with Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ motherboard
Galaxy  GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card with 1Gb memory
8Gb G Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3 1600 RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD drive
1Tb Hitachi SATA hard drive
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray drive
Lite-On iHAS224-06 SATA DVD drive
Rosewill Destroyer case
Cambridge Soundworks THX 5.1 speaker system
Onboard Realtek HD audio
I-inc iH-252HPB 25" widescreen monitor connected via HDMI
Samsung 2525W Laser Printer

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,428 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:28 AM

I klnow this has been posted several times for Creator 21XX that had Sound Soap but just a quick post here:

1) Navigate to the video file using Media Manager or put the video file in Video Wave.
2) Right click on the file and select to extract the audio.  Name it and select where you want it placed.  It will be a wav file.  (See note below)
3) Open Izotope and add the wav file.
4) Clean up the audio the way you need to.
5) Save the result as another wav file.
6) With the video clip in the time line, select to show/hide the native audio track.  Mute it.
7) Add the wav file as an audio file to any of the other audio tracks. - music, sfx, nar.
8) If you have done this correctly, the audo will be added to where the verticle curser is located.  You can adjust it back or forwared to line it up.  You could also use snap to grid (icon) to line it up.

Note:  The information posted above seems to indicate that Izotope will do the extrraction for you.  It is similar to Sound Soap in that it will work with codecs associated with Apple but will NOT do an automic extract with a mpg2 or similar file format.  I haven't tried that yet but will.

Edit:  I just tried it and the above information is correct.  It will extract the audio (very quickly) for a supported format mp4 but will throw a non-supported error with a mpg2 file.

Please let us know if this is enough information for you.

Edited by sknis, 16 October 2011 - 05:39 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,258 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:26 AM

Alright Ben, looks like you are forcing us to go back to learning :lol:

As you can see, it is new to us too!

Tell us what you need to get done and we will see what ways we can come up with to get you there ;)
Posted Image

#7 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,428 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:13 AM

How about  adown and dirty flash  video (6 minutes) that I put together in a few minutes.  It should be cut down to 4 but I'll do that later. In the middel of it I forgot where I had my video and audio saved.   It is silent - I'll add audio later.   Find it here.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users