6 replies to this topic

#1 Raj Sundar

Raj Sundar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

Hello,

Just purchased Creator 2012 Pro a few days ago.  The primary purpose was to burn high quality 3D disks - obviously the preference was for Blu-Ray 3D authoring, but that is not going to happen for hobbyists anytime soon.

Any case, long story short, I tried rendering a test 3D avi file in side-by-side format (left first) and was able to successfully render a 3D DVD.  However, I was not too happy with the video quality and wanted to try a AVCHD 3D disk.  Upon burning the disk and tried playing on CinePlayer, it is playing as a squished left/right video format.  However, the DVD 3D disk plays in stereoscopic 3D on the same CinePlayer.

Of note:
1.  The preview option works just fine on NVidia glasses for the same videos that I have imported.  Just does not work when I burn this as an AVCHD disk.
2.  Even playing back in anaglyph format from the AVCHD is not working on CinePlayer.

Is there something that I am missing on AVCHD 3D burning or rendering?  Does CinePlayer play AVCHD?  I have tried Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 and that does not work too.

I have a NVidia 3D Vision all-in-one PC, Core i7 2.6 GHz, 8 Gigs, NVidia Graphics with 1 GB memory, 500 GB free disk space (1 TB total).

I have "burned" through 10 DVDs already.

I have a project demonstration in a week and I am chasing my tail now.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.Attached File  AVCHD Error.png   457.04K   0 downloads

Thanks,
Raj

Edited by Raj Sundar, 17 September 2011 - 07:53 PM.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,100 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:45 AM

Buy a disc or 2 of DVD RW and stop wasting discs!

What is your Source… You mentioned “Side by Side L/R” but are you sure it is not Half-Width, L/R?

What are all the step you left out??? You are telling it your final product doesn’t work but we have not idea how you got there…

Are you using VideoWave first and then going to MyDVD (proper flow) or just jumping into MyDVD and burning?
Posted Image

#3 Raj Sundar

Raj Sundar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

Thanks Jim.  I had been directly working through MyDVD, so changed the workflow to opening on VideoWave first as you had suggested.  SO, this is what I did today:

Opened Video Wave
Create a new production - Widescreen 3D
Add Video (loaded the first video side-by-side L/R)
Add Video (loaded the second video side-by-side L/R)
Add Video (loaded the third video side-by-side L/R)
Add Video (loaded the fourth video side-by-side L/R)
Did a 3D preview with the display set as Active Shutter (again I have NVidia 3D vision) - preview worked just fine on active shutter
Exported it to a local mp4 file through Output - Export and again chose side-by-side L/R and AVCHD 1920x1080/24p as the export format.  In the "Purpose" dropdown I chose All.  I exported this file for no particular reason - just to save a local copy.
Next, I clicked on Send to My DVD, again through Output - Send to MyDVD.
Had the MyDVD project type dialog open up - chose AVCHD RealD.  File said 360.5 MB used out of 4.7 GB.  Chose Fit to Disc for Quality.
Hit preview button and viewed all 4 videos on anaglyph format (did not see an option here to view in active shutter mode).Videos played just fine in anaglyph.

Then pressed Burn Disc button.  Burn to disc option was checked.  Did not check the "Save disc image file, target media AVCHD" (should I do this?)

Burn was successful and the DVD was ejected on completion.

Reloaded the DVD and CinePlayer automatically opened up and again played in the side-by-side squished format, exactly like the image attached earlier.  So, fundamentally, nothing changed and this did not work for me again.

Also, I decided to try to burn a 3D RealD DVD instead of AVCHD pretty much using the same workflow as above (again using VideoWave then MyDVD as you had recommended).  This worked in 3D, except that there seemed to be a lot of ghosting more like the L/R images were swapped.  My previous attempt at 3D DVD was perfect, though I had done that directly through MyDVD rather than through VideoWave.

Decided to try the YouTube output and so again chose Output on VideoWave, then share with YouTube.  Used my youtube credentials and this worked fine on YouTube 3D.

What am I missing out?  Why is just the AVCHD 3D version not working for me?

Raj

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,100 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:29 AM

4 things have to come together to make 3D...

Your Source has to be correctly identified.

Your Output must be correctly set for the next 2 (MyDVD does this)

You must the correct setting in your Video Card and/or your 3D Player

And your Monitor or 3D TV must be set correctly!

If ANYTHING along the way is amiss, it won't work!

3D is not an automatic process, maybe is a few more years.

If you can, create a very short 3D clip, 5 to 10 seconds long.

Then post that on a hosting site, like UpForDown, so we can download it and take a look...
Posted Image

#5 Raj Sundar

Raj Sundar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:09 AM

Hi Jim,

Here you go:

http://www.upfordown...ments/TestC.avi

Hope this works.

Let me know what you think.

Raj

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,100 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

I don't get any usable results with that file...

It does play in CinePlayer but adding it to VideoWave or MyDVD results in a 5 second black screen :(

Maybe some others will take a crack at it ;)
Posted Image

#7 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,701 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:24 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 22 September 2011 - 12:21 PM, said:

I don't get any usable results with that file...

It does play in CinePlayer but adding it to VideoWave or MyDVD results in a 5 second black screen :(

Maybe some others will take a crack at it ;)

I got what you got.  

Short video looks OK in CinePlayer.  A different high power Video Player gave me a large green bar across the screen and the audio - nothing else.

A different video editor gave me this error.

.Attached File  cavtest.jpg   33.25K   0 downloads

Realize, of course that you cannot take a good image of 3D.  It will give you the dual image you show in your first post.   Here is what I get.  I looks good in 3D while playing.

Attached File  cav3d.jpg   95.65K   1 downloads

Edited by sknis, 22 September 2011 - 01:31 PM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users