• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

queeneene

Deleted photos

I was using videowave movie creator. I had pics on my hard drive I added to a project I was doing. I decided not to use them and when the box popped up asking If I was sure I wanted to delete them I started to click yes before I realized the rest of the box was asking if I wanted them deleted from my hard drive also. What program asks such a question! So I lost all my pics from visiting my grandfather who I may never see again. I'm so depressed and torn up over this! Someone please tell me there is hope of getting my pics back...

Guest mlpasley

If they're not in your Recycle Bin, you're going to need a program that recovers deleted files from a hard disk or a company that recovers lost files. The less you use your computer before attempting to recover the files, the better because you don't want to accidentally overwrite them. If you can use a friend's computer, try searching the internet. There are some free programs out there. Some will run from a floppy disk or CD to minimize the chance that the files are overwritten.

And why the program would do that, I have no idea. I don't work for Roxio, so you might want to ask them.

Hey, thanks!

I did use my computer to search a lot, and heard that info later. I called every where and finally found a guy who was so nice and actually checked my computer for about an hour free of charge and couldn't find them, then he took my mem card from my camera and was able to recover them from that even though I deleted them from there too! Cost $150! Expensive, but worth it and much cheaper than anyone else! Thanks so much for the reply and info. Next time I have a problem, I'll have to check here first! :)

Guest mlpasley

I'm so glad you were able to recover them from the camera memory card. :)

It's always a good practice to burn those pictures to a CD or DVD or a second hard drive before you start working with them. It's much to easy to lose pictures on a computer. At my house, we've started uploading our pictures to a free Yahoo account for backup as well. It's also a good way to share them with relatives who have computers.

I have learned my lesson when it comes to burning them to CD before working with them for sure! What do you mean by a free yahoo acct? Thanks for all your advice!

Guest mlpasley
I have learned my lesson when it comes to burning them to CD before working with them for sure! What do you mean by a free yahoo acct? Thanks for all your advice!

Well, I don't work for Yahoo or Roxio so this is my personal experience.

Along with a free Yahoo email account (www.yahoo.com), you can have photo albums where you can upload your pictures to their computer. There used to be a limit as to the number and size of photos that you could upload, but recently they got a sponsor and lifted the limit.

You can keep your albums private so that no one else can see them UNLESS you email your friends and relatives a link to your album. Then they can view the album, order prints, and download the pictures. What you are doing is storing your pictures on someone else's computer as a backup of your most precious memories and sharing them with the people you choose.

There are other companies that have similar programs.