• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ribo

ribo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:12 AM

After beating my head against the wall to get 2012 Pro installed, I now have this issue: when attempting to install the 2012 Content, the install fails with "You must intall Roxio Creator 2012 before installing the Content."

Roxio Creator Pro 2012 runs just fine. So: I uninstalled Creator 2012 -- both discs -- and reinstalled. Creator Pro 2012 runs just fine. However, the Content install still fails. I ran a repair on both disc installations...same thing.

All vestiges of previous Creator and Roxio installations had been excised as a result of the head-banging referred to earlier--apparently the Content installer is looking for a specific magical registry key and be damned if the program is installed and running regardless.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated...Thanks...

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:24 AM

View Postribo, on 26 September 2011 - 06:12 AM, said:

After beating my head against the wall to get 2012 Pro installed, I now have this issue: when attempting to install the 2012 Content, the install fails with "You must intall Roxio Creator 2012 before installing the Content."

Roxio Creator Pro 2012 runs just fine. So: I uninstalled Creator 2012 -- both discs -- and reinstalled. Creator Pro 2012 runs just fine. However, the Content install still fails. I ran a repair on both disc installations...same thing.

All vestiges of previous Creator and Roxio installations had been excised as a result of the head-banging referred to earlier--apparently the Content installer is looking for a specific magical registry key and be damned if the program is installed and running regardless.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated...Thanks...

Support > Creator 2012 > Contact

Thank you for your interest in Creator 2012!

You can receive immediate 24/7 support by using our online tools:

* Knowledgebase: Solutions are added, updated, and tweaked regularly to make sure you have the latest information to answer your questions.
    * Discussion Groups: Benefit from the group knowledge of other customers just like yourself to discover Creator 2012 software tips, tricks, and trouble-shooting.

If you need a helping hand from one of our trained Customer Care Agents, try these options:

* Email support: Available 24/7 and free. Send us a note about your questions and we'll get right back to you during normal business hours*.

* Live Chat: Free of charge and available during normal business hours*. If you do not see a chat icon below, then we are currently assisting as many customers as possible or offline. Click to Chat

* Telephone Support: Free for Creator 2012 customers during normal business hours* at 877-793-7471 (North America only).

*Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST.

http://www.roxio.com...12/contact.html
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 ribo

ribo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:09 AM

Actually, the fix for Windows 7 64bit Ultimate was rather easy:

1. Using Revo Uninstaller, do a "Forced Uninstall" on anything with the name "Roxio" in it (while you're at it, do a forced uninstall on VD64Inst 1.0.0).
2. Using Regedit, search for any remaining "Roxio" keys and delete.
3. Run Windows Install Cleanup and excise anything remaining with "Roxio" in it.
4. Search for "Roxio" folders and delete (you'll probably need to kill some Roxio services that persist in running and locking some of the files).
5. Run CCleaner and flush system of temp and recycled files.
6. Reboot.
7. Reinstall from scratch.

Of course, when you attempt to enter the serial code for iHDR Express you'll be told there are no more activations left...but hey! Creator 2012 Pro is installed!

#4 Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom

Digital Master

• Roxio Staff
  • 668 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:26 AM

The magical app paths are
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\MyDVD13.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\PhotoSuite13.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Roxio\EMC13\Creator

If those keys are missing it meant that the program part of your installation was incomplete.
Du Tran
Quality Assurance Lead (I break things, I don't fix them)
ROXIO, a division of Sonic Solutions

#5 ribo

ribo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:33 AM

View PostSonic Boom, on 26 September 2011 - 10:26 AM, said:

The magical app paths are
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\MyDVD13.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\PhotoSuite13.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Roxio\EMC13\Creator

If those keys are missing it meant that the program part of your installation was incomplete.

You were the one to come up the missing directory folders in another thread (installation bug), which fix allowed me to get the initial installation to complete...short of the Content installation.

I have no doubt you're correct about the above keys, but when installs go bad (and Roxio installs lurch toward bad so zombie-like), I've found the best cure is to sanitize the system...<G>

Thanks--I owe you for the first fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users