Jump to content

Roxio Community

Problem Burning Dvd-Rw Or Dvd-R


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jmille28

jmille28

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:06 AM

I had a previous version of photoshow with Time-Warner.  never had any problems burning DVD's.  No longer have Time Warner so have purchased ROXIO PHTOSHOW PREMIUM SERVICE.  I created a photoshow, and then attempted to burn it to a DVD.   For some reason, it does not recognize my burner.  which is LIGHTSCRIBE DVDE SUPERMULTI DRIVE/CD BURNER on an HP Pavilion Dest Top with Windows 7 installed.  Will not recognize CD Burner and freezes up my computer.  Please help.  I would like a phone number to talk to a Roxio technician.  I need this DVD for a party this weekend.  I have 400 pics in the photoshow and still have toload another photoshow.  A prompt response would be appreciaated.

#2 sknis

sknis

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,540 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hou,Tx

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:39 AM

View Postjmille28, on 26 September 2011 - 10:06 AM, said:

I had a previous version of photoshow with Time-Warner.  never had any problems burning DVD's.  No longer have Time Warner so have purchased ROXIO PHTOSHOW PREMIUM SERVICE.  I created a photoshow, and then attempted to burn it to a DVD.   For some reason, it does not recognize my burner.  which is LIGHTSCRIBE DVDE SUPERMULTI DRIVE/CD BURNER on an HP Pavilion Dest Top with Windows 7 installed.  Will not recognize CD Burner and freezes up my computer.  Please help.  I would like a phone number to talk to a Roxio technician.  I need this DVD for a party this weekend.  I have 400 pics in the photoshow and still have toload another photoshow.  A prompt response would be appreciaated.

1-877-619-6019

11:00 AM – 6:00 PM(EST)
Monday through Friday

Make sure you have the latest version of PhotoShow Version 6 build 860 or there abouts installed .  Re-install  the latest build over what ever you have now.  It will not delete the PhotoShow you have now.

Does Windows see your burner?  Are you getting any error messages.  What happens when you go to burn?

Edited by sknis, 26 September 2011 - 10:43 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 n4mmq

n4mmq

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

Tried to burn dvd and got an error message Error code 7F037304  Fail to burn

#4 sknis

sknis

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,540 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hou,Tx

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

View Postn4mmq, on 10 February 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

Tried to burn dvd and got an error message Error code 7F037304  Fail to burn


Are you using Roxio PhotoShow where this thread is located?  If not PhotoShow, then what program are you using?  Please muchg more information so we can ever start to help.

The obvious question is do yiou have a DVD burner or just a CD burner/DVD reader.  Please post your computer manufacturer and COMPLETE model number.  Some manufacturers have dozens of model with the same name so the complete model number is important.


What type of disc are you trying to burn +R, -R or RW?  What brand?

Edited by sknis, 10 February 2012 - 12:39 PM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 n4mmq

n4mmq

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

View Postsknis, on 10 February 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Are you using Roxio PhotoShow where this thread is located?  If not PhotoShow, then what program are you using?  Please muchg more information so we can ever start to help.

The obvious question is do yiou have a DVD burner or just a CD burner/DVD reader.  Please post your computer manufacturer and COMPLETE model number.  Some manufacturers have dozens of model with the same name so the complete model number is important.


What type of disc are you trying to burn +R, -R or RW?  What brand?
I am using the latest Photoshow. dvd disk is a Sony RW, computer is a dell20856149065.  Yes I have a dvd Burner

#6 sknis

sknis

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,540 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hou,Tx

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

View Postn4mmq, on 11 February 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

I am using the latest Photoshow. dvd disk is a Sony RW, computer is a dell20856149065.  Yes I have a dvd Burner

dell20856149065 ?   No such thing at the Dell site.  Please post a link to it.

Go to your account page and re-download PhotoShow 6.  Reinstall it and try again.  If you are not using version 6, what are you doing?
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#7 n4mmq

n4mmq

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:20 AM

View Postsknis, on 11 February 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

dell20856149065 ?   No such thing at the Dell site.  Please post a link to it.

Go to your account page and re-download PhotoShow 6.  Reinstall it and try again.  If you are not using version 6, what are you doing?
I can give u my service tag 9kx7nm1

#8 ogdens

ogdens

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,195 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lucknow, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:17 AM

View Postn4mmq, on 13 February 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

I can give u my service tag 9kx7nm1


Go into Control Panel, click on System......




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users