wade1953

How Do I Import Video From A Mini-Dv Camera Via The Standard Roxio Usb Cable?

Question

Hello to all...

I recently purchased Video Lab HD as a means to capture and edit both standard def footage from my Panasonic AG DVC-30 as well as footage captured from my newer (non tape based video cameras that capture on SDHC cards).

I have hooked up to my computer via the standard Roxio USB gadget that comes with Creator 2010-2011. When I check the drop down menu that should display the option for Roxio USB import.... it doesn't seem to be recognizing that USB cable as even an import option!

So, my question is: CAN I IMPORT DIGITAL VIDEO VIA THE ROXIO USB IMPORT CABLE (THAT COMES WITH CREATOR 2011) TO IMPORT VIDEO INTO VIDEO LAB HD? CURRENTLY, I CAN'T GET THE VIDEO LAB SOFWARE( WHILE IN THE ROXIO MEDIA CAPTURE SCREEN) TO EVEN RECOGNIZE THE USB CONNECTION!! HELP!

THANKS... WADE

7 answers to this question

As far as I know :huh:

But keep this in mind...

The Roxio USB Capture device will only work with a Composite Video Signal!!! (or S-Video ;))

You newer ??? camcorder that records on SD Card is NEVER captured by anything! You simply copy the files from the Card to your PC and use them in your Project.

It would be a great disservice to capture in SD the fine HD recordings from you new camcorder.

If that does help, then spell out just what you are doing, in detail ;)

Hello to all...

I recently purchased Video Lab HD as a means to capture and edit both standard def footage from my Panasonic AG DVC-30 as well as footage captured from my newer (non tape based video cameras that capture on SDHC cards).

I have hooked up to my computer via the standard Roxio USB gadget that comes with Creator 2010-2011. When I check the drop down menu that should display the option for Roxio USB import.... it doesn't seem to be recognizing that USB cable as even an import option!

So, my question is: CAN I IMPORT DIGITAL VIDEO VIA THE ROXIO USB IMPORT CABLE (THAT COMES WITH CREATOR 2011) TO IMPORT VIDEO INTO VIDEO LAB HD? CURRENTLY, I CAN'T GET THE VIDEO LAB SOFWARE( WHILE IN THE ROXIO MEDIA CAPTURE SCREEN) TO EVEN RECOGNIZE THE USB CONNECTION!! HELP!

THANKS... WADE

For you miniDV tape video camera, you need to capture via a firewire cable, not the USB device.

Yes, I know if I am importing from an SDHC card I am not "capturing". The point isn't the new HD tapeless camera. The point is that I can't seem to import from my tape based MiniDV camera utilizing the Roxio USB adaptor with VideoLab HD. I can't import using a direct firewire because I am using a brand new Dell XPS system (with quad core i-7 processing and 8GB RAM) - and it does not HAVE an IEEE port .... just so we're clear about that as well. The issue remains that the Video Lab HD software doesn't appear to recognize the USB Capture device when I am trying to import an S-Video or Composite signal.

Any ideas why Video Lab won't recognize a Composite Video Signal through the Roxio USB adaptor? Is it possible that the VideoLab HD software will only recognize cards and I CAN'T import via USB?

Thanks for clearing that up!

First thing is a driver check.

Win-Pause ~ Device Manager:

post-39730-095575000 1317466306.jpg

post-39730-071315900 1317466310.jpg

Then compare the entries in Sound Video and Game Controllers:

post-39730-004667900 1317466306.jpg

If these 2 entries are not present it will never work! :huh:

Guest wade stevens

Thanks, Jim. I will check the driver and sound video and game controller entries. Would never have known in a million years to do that.

Appreciate your follow-up. I will run those checks and get back to you later today!

WADE

Jim:

Will do. Thanks so much for the illustrations. I will let you know what I find out as soon as I run your checks. The illustrations are greatly appreciated - THANK YOU for taking the time to create them...

WADE