DCJ44

Invalid Cd Key During Install

Question

I tried to install Creator 2012 and keep getting an invalid cd key error. My web ticket is 1322570. I have attached my history.bld file in a .txt format. I have a 1.66 ghz with 2GB of RAM with Windows Vista (SP3 installed). Any help here would be great!

Thanks,

16 answers to this question

I tried to install Creator 2012 and keep getting an invalid cd key error. My web ticket is 1322570. I have attached my history.bld file in a .txt format. I have a 1.66 ghz with 2GB of RAM with Windows Vista (SP3 installed). Any help here would be great!

Thanks,

This is a users group so we don't have access to the tickets.

Did you look at the minimum requirements before you bought the program? Even if you get it to install, it may be painfully slow. You didn't say what kind of proecessor you have. It is below the video specs but you may be able to use it for other purposes.

<LI>For data burning and copy, audio capture and editing: Intel® 1.6GHz Pentium 4 processor or AMD equivalent, 512MB RAM for windows XP and 1GB RAM for Windows Vista and Windows 7. For video editing and conversion and DVD playback Intel Pentium 4 2GHz processor or AMD equivalent and 1GB RAM. Multi-core processor with at least 2GB RAM recommended

Thanks,

Any previous versions of Roxio installed? If not, a clean uninstall might be a way to go. I'm not seeing attachment for history.bld though. Also check your Date/Time settings are up to date.

Edited by firenhancer

There is apparently a major problem with the Plus version of Creator 2012 ...

I have noticed several thread that have this same topic so apparently the issue

is fairly widespread and the common factors between everyone's posts is that

we are all trying to install "Creator 2012 Plus" and the license key fails and

several have mentioned buying the software at Sam's Club. I too also bought

the software retail box from Sam's Club --- exact same issue as everyone else.

With the key printed on the sleeve not working, the software is useless.

I posted in one of the other threads on this particular topic and also sent

a message to support. Hopefully doesn't take them long to get back to me

or everyone else that is having this same issue.

There is apparently a major problem with the Plus version of Creator 2012 ...

I have noticed several thread that have this same topic so apparently the issue

is fairly widespread and the common factors between everyone's posts is that

we are all trying to install "Creator 2012 Plus" and the license key fails and

several have mentioned buying the software at Sam's Club. I too also bought

the software retail box from Sam's Club --- exact same issue as everyone else.

With the key printed on the sleeve not working, the software is useless.

I posted in one of the other threads on this particular topic and also sent

a message to support. Hopefully doesn't take them long to get back to me

or everyone else that is having this same issue.

Have a look at the thread, where you posted previously.

Also, you don't know that the original poster (OP), in this thread, has the Plus version of the software. He/she never said if they had a retail version of the software, or an OEM version like you have.

Edited by grandpabruce

Also, you don't know that the original poster (OP), in this thread, has the Plus version of the software.

You might want to read the threads on this issue a bit more closely. First I'm talking about several

different people who posted not only just this thread and if you read this and also the other two main

threads pertaining to this same problem you will see that Plus is mentioned as well as Sam's Club

more than once and has been a re-occuring theme that doing more independent research revealed to

definitely be a common factor across this whole problem.

Some of the responses in reply where of the lines of "do you mean pro?" but no it is indeed plus because

I also have "plus" as well so I know that wasn't a typographical error. However, I see the Roxio site only

lists regular and Pro but no mention of Plus so either Plus is completely brand new or is a special edition

for Sam's Club or something along those lines and perhaps that is part of the problem.

I did a lot more research in the meantime since the prior post scouting around and found out the common

factor between everyone I have found and / or spoken directly with thus far has been two things in particular

"Plus" edition and "Sam's Club" purchase which seems to consistently be the two common elements between everyone.

The earlier comment made from someone posted in one of the 3 main threads regarding the license not working issue

actually being for the Creator regular edition may of actually hit the problem on the nail. I suspect those

doing the packaging and printing of the software boxes affixed license stickers for the regular edition instead

of the Plus edition and that would really seem to be the main problem going on here.

Meanwhile --- support finally responded only to say they are escalating the ticket to the next level so

hopefully I can get a valid license key soon. For now, I've also sent support a screen shot showing them

exactly what happens when you put the key printing on the CD envelope in the program.

I also purchased a second copy of the software from a different Sam's Club location for my other computer

last night mainly out of pure curiosity to see if it would do the same thing and sure enough it's also dead

as well saying that the license key for the Creator 2012 Plus software is invalid so apparently the entire

print run on those is bad or wide enough that shipments to two different Sam's Clubs has the same issue.

Edited by Cybertoad

You'll have to forgive some of us. Yes, the Plus version is special for Sam's Club and possibly for Cosco. Very few of the regulars would know there that version was even available. The last one we knew about was Creator 2011 Plus.

There are several OEM editions that confuse things also - the DE version from Dell version and the SE from Sony and others. These are normally Creator 10 but a lot of people drop the 20- from the name (E.g. Creator 11 rather than Creator 2011). We hope that Creator 2012 will clear that up.

Please look at dates that posts were made since you may think that a post was made AFTER another response rather than before.

The Roxio Employee who made the statement about the wrong key is the technical expert for the software. He will do something about it as soon as possible. In the meantime, I'm sure you realize that Roxio cannot give out keys to everyone who claims they bought the software. There are some unscrupulous people out there. Hopefully, they can come up with a scheme that will allow them to give you a key quickly.

It is interesting that no one who has the Cosco version (if there is one) has gotten the wrong key. Edit; I checked and they seem to sell the Pro version only. I also checked Sam's Club on-line and they don't have it listed. Some places are just slow to update.

Edited by sknis

You might want to read the threads on this issue a bit more closely. First I'm talking about several

different people who posted not only just this thread and if you read this and also the other two main

threads pertaining to this same problem you will see that Plus is mentioned as well as Sam's Club

more than once and has been a re-occuring theme that doing more independent research revealed to

definitely be a common factor across this whole problem.

Some of the responses in reply where of the lines of "do you mean pro?" but no it is indeed plus because

I also have "plus" as well so I know that wasn't a typographical error. However, I see the Roxio site only

lists regular and Pro but no mention of Plus so either Plus is completely brand new or is a special edition

for Sam's Club or something along those lines and perhaps that is part of the problem.

I did a lot more research in the meantime since the prior post scouting around and found out the common

factor between everyone I have found and / or spoken directly with thus far has been two things in particular

"Plus" edition and "Sam's Club" purchase which seems to consistently be the two common elements between everyone.

The earlier comment made from someone posted in one of the 3 main threads regarding the license not working issue

actually being for the Creator regular edition may of actually hit the problem on the nail. I suspect those

doing the packaging and printing of the software boxes affixed license stickers for the regular edition instead

of the Plus edition and that would really seem to be the main problem going on here.

Meanwhile --- support finally responded only to say they are escalating the ticket to the next level so

hopefully I can get a valid license key soon. For now, I've also sent support a screen shot showing them

exactly what happens when you put the key printing on the CD envelope in the program.

I also purchased a second copy of the software from a different Sam's Club location for my other computer

last night mainly out of pure curiosity to see if it would do the same thing and sure enough it's also dead

as well saying that the license key for the Creator 2012 Plus software is invalid so apparently the entire

print run on those is bad or wide enough that shipments to two different Sam's Clubs has the same issue.

I have read this thread closely, as well as the other thread. In this thread, DCJ44 did not say he/she had the Plus version of the software, and I pointed that out. It is possible that he/she does have it, but there is no use in making assumptions and hijacking the thread.

I do hope that Du will be able to get you squared away, as I said in the other thread.

I am also having the same problem. I just now tried (5 times) to enter the Product Key for Creator 2012 Plus. I purchased this off the shelf at Target. Same deal. After entering and re-entering the Product Key, it tells me it is an invailid code. So, this is not an issue of Creator 2011 Plus and Sam's Club. It's also a problem with this item from Target as well. I looked at the P/N code of the paper sleeve containing the installation dvd and the P/N on the outside of the box. They are different. Wonder is this means anything? Incidentally, this is a "Rev A" version of Creator 2012 Plus.

Sure would like to install this today as I need to get to work on a project right away. Of course, Roxio is closed today.

There's no-one here can help in that matter as no-one here, unless their avatar says differently, works for Roxio - it will have to be Customer Services in the end as we don't have access to keys

I am also having the same problem. I just now tried (5 times) to enter the Product Key for Creator 2012 Plus. I purchased this off the shelf at Target. Same deal. After entering and re-entering the Product Key, it tells me it is an invailid code. So, this is not an issue of Creator 2011 Plus and Sam's Club. It's also a problem with this item from Target as well. I looked at the P/N code of the paper sleeve containing the installation dvd and the P/N on the outside of the box. They are different. Wonder is this means anything? Incidentally, this is a "Rev A" version of Creator 2012 Plus.

Sure would like to install this today as I need to get to work on a project right away. Of course, Roxio is closed today.

Do not use the P/N; you shoudl be using the product key from the sleeve. It is in the format of xx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx. There should be no 1 or l or 0 or o. But if there is, make sure you are entering the righ character.

Please read through the following thread, linked, here:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/77511-invalid-product-key/

We have released a fix through our "check for updates" prompt that will accept the invalid keys.

You must be connected to the Internet to get the fix. When prompted "Before installing your software, we recommend checking for updates. Would you like to check for updates now?" Select Yes.

The installer will now accept the invalid keys.

post-31837-089597400 1318448887.jpg

post-31837-049289400 1318449095.jpg

I'd consider this one a sizable blunder shipping with the wrong keys

but it's good that they finally released a fix update for this issue ...

At least others won't have to go through the same waiting delays.

After waiting almost a week, Roxio finally sent me a replacement

license key just a few days ago before the patch update was available

which already took care of the problem (for me anyway) and I was

finally able to get the program installed.

Now I've got several terrabytes of Balloon Fiesta footage to wade through :D

i have the same problem with invalid product key. When prompted to update i do so.But still will not take key. It still says invalid key.

i have the same problem with invalid product key. When prompted to update i do so.But still will not take key. It still says invalid key.

Yes to be clear, the thread you added to was from the year 2011 (more than 4 years ago). The problem was fixed so you probably do not have the same problem but probably have the same symptom.

Please confirm that you do have the old version Creator 2012 It is 4 versions out of date. Please go to the top of this page and start a new topic (thread). Please follow these instructions to tell us about your computer. Where did you get the program and was it new? How many times did you try to install the program with your antivirus shut off? Please provide any additional information you think is relevant.

By the way, Creator 2012 is NOT compatible with Windows 8 or 10.