• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kaikanti

kaikanti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:37 AM

I am having trouble burning my dvd after I get all my video transfers done.  It is under the 4.7 GB and 120min.  The first several tries it said there was not enough space,  and wouldn't let me go further the last time I tried I opened and created a whole new project with the list of videos and tried again.  It got passed the encoding stage which took a really long time (at least an hour) then went into writing the dvd.  It then stopped half way and spit the dvd out half written.  Said there was some kind of error.  I don't think this is my computer.  I have burned dvd's before, Just not with Roxio. Does anyone have any suggestions, tips or know what's going on here??  

Thanks

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,431 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:54 AM

Hard to tell what may be the problem. It could that trying a different brand of DVD discs (such as Verbatim) may be the needed fix. What I recommend is choosing Save as Disc Image (File menu) instead of clicking the burn button. When that is done select the resulting .toast file using the Image File setting in the Copy window. Now burn your DVD. Try choosing 4X as the burn speed. That also might help. I presume you're referring to Toast 9 rather than Roxio 9. I'm moving your post to the Toast 9 forum.

Edited by tsantee, 13 October 2011 - 10:59 AM.

I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 kaikanti

kaikanti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:13 PM

so I tried one more time as the way above to get the error message and this is what it says:  

the drive reported an error:
sense key=hardware error
sense code=0x09
track following error

#4 kaikanti

kaikanti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:16 PM

oh and I can't "save as disc image" as it makes me want to pay for an upgrade to toast 11 titanium....

#5 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,431 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

View Postkaikanti, on 13 October 2011 - 01:16 PM, said:

oh and I can't "save as disc image" as it makes me want to pay for an upgrade to toast 11 titanium....
Oh, you have Toast 9 Basic rather than the Toast 9 Titanium. Your version came bundled with the VHS to DVD for Mac, which explains why you posted in the forum. Have you updated to Toast Basic 9.0.7 that is in the Easy VHS to DVD for Mac section of Roxio's Software Updates page? What Mac do you have?
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users