Daku

2 Versions Of Roxio Installed At The Same Time?

I like 6 because it has the Audio Central point and click interface but its old that the drivers for the burn function are no longer current or available. Also the EQ slider for the record function no longer works. Every time I select the mic the slider goes to minimum and will not pull up higher. This does not make for good recording quality.

I have a copy of 7.5 which I never installed because I was upset that it no longer included Audio Central. I'm not computer savvy and I'm intimidated by all those complicated looking menus.

But now that I can no longer record or burn with 6 I'm tempted to install 7.5 to see if it will help.

Can I have both versions installed or is 7.5 going to require that 6 be deleted/overwritten?

Anyone have any fixes for the above described recording and burning issues?

When I try to burn I get an error message that no burner can be detected.

Thanks,

David in Santa fe

I like 6 because it has the Audio Central point and click interface but its old that the drivers for the burn function are no longer current or available. Also the EQ slider for the record function no longer works. Every time I select the mic the slider goes to minimum and will not pull up higher. This does not make for good recording quality.

I have a copy of 7.5 which I never installed because I was upset that it no longer included Audio Central. I'm not computer savvy and I'm intimidated by all those complicated looking menus.

But now that I can no longer record or burn with 6 I'm tempted to install 7.5 to see if it will help.

Can I have both versions installed or is 7.5 going to require that 6 be deleted/overwritten?

Thanks,

David in Santa fe

What operating system and service packs are you running?

Thanks,

David in Santa fe

Here's 2 links to the last drivers for Easy CD & DVD Creator 6:

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/ecddvdc/software_updatesv6_plat.html

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/ecddvdc/software_updatesv6_basic.html

David,

I've just installed both Easy CD and DVD Creator 6, and Easy Media Creator 7.5 together, and I can give you information on that if you should still need it afterward.

However in the meantime I suggest that it would be wiser and better to repair your Easy CD and DVD Creator before you consider installing a 7.5 onto a broken 6.

Cdanteek is the expert on this. Please answer his question "What operating system and service packs are you running?", and also tell him the full version number of your Easy CD and DVD Creator 6. That is found by clicking the menu button at the top left of the main menu, and then clicking on "About".

post-208-074737800 1318636622.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

Thanks everybody.

I have a Windows XP operating system with Service Pack 3 I think.

Roxio is version 6.0.0.208

I tried those driver downloads and rebooted. No change to my problems.

Thanks everybody.

I have a Windows XP operating system with Service Pack 3 I think.

Roxio is version 6.0.0.208

I tried those driver downloads and rebooted. No change to my problems.

Do you mean the ones suggested in post # 3?

What one do you have Platinum or Basic and what one did you run?

Both the Platinum and Basic have a

Drive Update

This update is not needed unless Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 or one of its components does not recognize your CD or DVD Burner.

Note: The latest Easy CD & DVD Creator Engine update should have already been installed.

Did you run the correct one for your software?

Look in Device manager under DVD/CD Rom Drives and see if a drive is listed. I show five, post what you see.

post-97-011024600 1318682570.jpg