7 replies to this topic

#1 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:14 AM

There have been a lot of questions concerning the applications and functions in Creator 2012 Special Edition.  

I did a thorough search of the web to see if I could find detailed information but was unsuccessful.  Until Roxio clearifies what is in the Special Edition,  here is what I found

Box Cover:

Attached File  sebox.jpg   48.97K   3 downloads

Box Page:

Attached File  box page.jpg   208.43K   2 downloads

Capabilities:   Go here

In my reading between the lines,  I see that Izotope, FaceFilter,  Triple Scoop Music and some DigiEffects (effects) are included.   Thos are similar to what comes with the Pro version.

I do not see anything related to Backon rack, HRD Express, Smart Sonicfire Pro, Blu-ray, ABCHD or Secure Burn (at least). This line subject to change !  :unsure:

It would be a big help if someone who owns the SE would post images of the page tabs so others could see them.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#2 sjring

sjring

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:13 PM

I also purchased 2012 Special Edition from COSTCO and noticed the serial number for FaceFilter underneath the 2012 product key on the CD jacket. After I install 2012 SE, I tried installing FaceFilter from the disk but there is no setup.exe in the FaceFilter folder (just a .MSI file).

HOWEVER, go to the Roxio install folder and you will see a FaceFilter folder - open that up and you will see the FaceFilter install .EXE. Click that and it will ask you for the serial numbet on the jacket and then install FaceFilter. When you run it, it takes you to the vendors site where they have many other visual editing programs - many animations.

So, the answer is the COSTCO Special Edition includes FaceFilter as an added bonus thanx.

#3 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

we still don't know what apps are missing. Face Filter is a third party bundled app
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,526 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:19 PM

Looks like Create AudioBooks is missing acording to this TOPIC.

Some screen caps from Costco:

Attached File  2012 SE 1.jpg   225.92K   6 downloads

Attached File  2012 SE 2.jpg   258.9K   1 downloads

Attached File  2012 SE 3.jpg   244.94K   1 downloads

Attached File  2012 SE 4.jpg   141.55K   1 downloads

Attached File  2012 SE 5.jpg   188.58K   0 downloads

Attached File  2012 SE 6.jpg   117.93K   0 downloads

Posted Image

#5 Docster

Docster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

I am looking at the BJs Wholesale Club version which is call Roxio Creator 2012 Plus and am having the same  issues, i.e. what is included and what is missing from the Plus version vs the standard version [which I am told plus is simalr to]. This is what BJs version looks like:
Roxio Creator Plus 2012
Description:
The world's best-selling digital media suite makes it easy to capture, enhance, save and share your photo, video and audio projects. Burn and copy CDs, DVDs or Blu-ray Discs. Edit movies and burn them to DVDs like a pro. Turn your standard videos and photos into 3-D masterpieces. Rip CDs, digitize analog LPs and mix perfect playlists. Fix and enhance photos and create photo slideshows, cards, calendars, panoramas and more. Share your creations on CD, DVD, mobile phone, iPad, YouTube, Facebook and more. Plus now you can access the media stored on your home PC, from the Internet, while you're away from home. Built-in video tutorials and printable step-by-step instructions make it easy to get started.

Product Features:
• Burn and copy CDs, DVDs or Blu-ray Discs
• Edit movies and burn them to DVDs
• Turn standard videos and photos into 3-D
• Rip CDs, digitize analog LPs and mix playlists
• Fix and enhance photos and create slideshows, cards, calendars, panoramas and more
• Share your work on CD, DVD, mobile phone, iPad, YouTube, Facebook and more
• Access the media stored on your home PC anywhere there is an Internet connection
• Built-in video tutorials and printable step-by-step instructions teach you how to do it all
• System requirements: Windows XP (SP2/64-bit or SP3/32-bit), Vista (SP2) or Windows 7

(Model 8086174
Not much of a description compared to the Costco version.
Really can't tell what is missing between these two.

Attached Files

#6 Jojogeo

Jojogeo

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

I want to know if Creator Special Edition 2012 will work with Roxio video capture USB Connector on an Window XP 32 bits
Thanks

#7 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,733 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

View PostJojogeo, on 18 October 2012 - 05:45 AM, said:

I want to know if Creator Special Edition 2012 will work with Roxio video capture USB Connector on an Window XP 32 bits
Thanks

I doubt it.

What Roxio software do you have now?

Did it come with the Roxio USB Capture Device?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#8 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,526 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

??? well the Special Edition does come with the Roxio Video Capture USB device...

I believe, Jojogeo is asking if it is compatible with XP???

Of course that is shown in the pictures of Post #1 as well as Post #4 ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users