19 replies to this topic

#1 kalinkin_a

kalinkin_a

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:46 AM

Hi everyone, I have a real problem with PX engine: every day I got Blue screen on me Win 7 and after reboot windows report a error:

"Download updates for PX Engine
PX Engine has stopped working properly.
To solve this problem, go to the Roxio Software website to download and install the update:
Click to go online to the Roxio Software website for update instructions"

The problem is that I've downloaded pxengine4_18_16a from your site and installed it - the situation didn't changed. Moreover, I have never installed your software!!!! So my question is: how to ununstall this soft or what I need to do to resolve problem with blue screen?
With best regards,
Alexander K.

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,743 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:51 AM

View Postkalinkin_a, on 20 October 2011 - 05:46 AM, said:

Hi everyone, I have a real problem with PX engine: every day I got Blue screen on me Win 7 and after reboot windows report a error:

"Download updates for PX Engine
PX Engine has stopped working properly.
To solve this problem, go to the Roxio Software website to download and install the update:
Click to go online to the Roxio Software website for update instructions"

The problem is that I've downloaded pxengine4_18_16a from your site and installed it - the situation didn't changed. Moreover, I have never installed your software!!!! So my question is: how to ununstall this soft or what I need to do to resolve problem with blue screen?
With best regards,
Alexander K.

If your running Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 on a Windows 7 machine that would be the problem! You posted in Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 forum.

First Windows 7 compatible version is C2010, then C2011, and the current version C2012.

The PX engine is part of Roxio software. Do you have a big box PC came from Dell or HP? It could of came pre-installed with a free version of Roxio software.

Edited by cdanteek, 20 October 2011 - 05:56 AM.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 kalinkin_a

kalinkin_a

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:19 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 20 October 2011 - 05:51 AM, said:

If your running Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 on a Windows 7 machine that would be the problem! You posted in Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 forum.

First Windows 7 compatible version is C2010, then C2011, and the current version C2012.

The PX engine is part of Roxio software. Do you have a big box PC came from Dell or HP? It could of came pre-installed with a free version of Roxio software.

Hi cdanteek,
I've bought clear desktop and install win 7 on it, so I don't have preinstalled version of any software. About place of topic - I don't know reason of my problem so I don't know the correct forum to post.
With best regards,
Alexander K

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,743 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:33 AM

View Postkalinkin_a, on 20 October 2011 - 06:19 AM, said:

Hi cdanteek,
I've bought clear desktop and install win 7 on it, so I don't have preinstalled version of any software. About place of topic - I don't know reason of my problem so I don't know the correct forum to post.
With best regards,
Alexander K

Where can I buy clear desktop?

What is the make and model # of your PC?

More than one operating system?

You need to supply as many details as possible.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#5 kalinkin_a

kalinkin_a

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:54 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 20 October 2011 - 06:33 AM, said:

Where can I buy clear desktop?

What is the make and model # of your PC?

More than one operating system?

You need to supply as many details as possible.

Where can I buy clear desktop? - In Russia! :)

What is the make and model # of your PC? - which exatly device are you interested in?

More than one operating system? - No, only Win 7 64 bit.

You need to supply as many details as possible. - which one? :)

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,743 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:00 AM

View Postkalinkin_a, on 20 October 2011 - 06:54 AM, said:

Where can I buy clear desktop? - In Russia! :)

What is the make and model # of your PC? - which exatly device are you interested in?

More than one operating system? - No, only Win 7 64 bit.

You need to supply as many details as possible. - which one? :)

Where can I buy clear desktop?  Post A link please, so I can see what your talking about.

Not interested in a specific device just the Make and Model # of the PC, do we have a communication problem?
cd
Spoiler

#7 kalinkin_a

kalinkin_a

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:33 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 20 October 2011 - 07:00 AM, said:

Not interested in a specific device just the Make and Model # of the PC, do we have a communication problem?
It's seems so. It's not a notebook, it's desktop. I could provide you information about motherboard, cpu, hdd, ram or anythinh you want, but what you mean writing about number of computer? He combined from spares in computer shop.
With best regards,
Alexander K.

#8 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,743 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:38 AM

View Postkalinkin_a, on 20 October 2011 - 09:33 AM, said:

It's seems so. It's not a notebook, it's desktop. I could provide you information about motherboard, cpu, hdd, ram or anythinh you want, but what you mean writing about number of computer? He combined from spares in computer shop.
With best regards,
Alexander K.

And, Where can I buy clear desktop?

Post A link please, so I can see what your talking about.

If you go to Control Panel\Programs and Features.

Do you see a listing for any Roxio products?

Edited by cdanteek, 20 October 2011 - 09:45 AM.

cd
Spoiler

#9 kalinkin_a

kalinkin_a

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:56 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 20 October 2011 - 09:38 AM, said:

And, Where can I buy clear desktop?

Post A link please, so I can see what your talking about.

If you go to Control Panel\Programs and Features.

Do you see a listing for any Roxio products?

Just for example: http://www.technocit...g/detail/50609/ - this desktop is similar with my.
About Roxio product - no, i don't see any Roxio product.
With best regards,
Alexander K.

#10 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,743 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:03 AM

View Postkalinkin_a, on 20 October 2011 - 09:56 AM, said:

Just for example: http://www.technocit...g/detail/50609/ - this desktop is similar with my.
About Roxio product - no, i don't see any Roxio product.
With best regards,
Alexander K.

Do you show this file 'PxHlpa64.sys' in this location?

100.jpg
cd
Spoiler

#11 kalinkin_a

kalinkin_a

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:29 PM

View Postcdanteek, on 20 October 2011 - 10:03 AM, said:

Do you show this file 'PxHlpa64.sys' in this location?

Attachment 100.jpg

Good morning!
No, I don't see file you mentioned in directory C:\Windows\System32\drivers
With best regards,
Alexander K.

#12 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,743 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:56 AM

View Postkalinkin_a, on 20 October 2011 - 09:29 PM, said:

Good morning!
No, I don't see file you mentioned in directory C:\Windows\System32\drivers
With best regards,
Alexander K.

How about here?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

r.jpg
cd
Spoiler

#13 kalinkin_a

kalinkin_a

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:26 AM

1.jpg

#14 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,743 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:36 AM

Open Device manager and expand the DVD/CD-Rom drives. Right click your drives and uninstall them. Reboot the PC and the operating system will reinstall and assign the correct drivers.  

Reboot again and see if that helped?

w2.jpg

w3.jpg
cd
Spoiler

#15 kalinkin_a

kalinkin_a

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:42 AM

I've done it. Will see, if problem appeared again, I'll ping you here :) Anaway, thanks for help.
With best regards,
Alexander K.

#16 kalinkin_a

kalinkin_a

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:58 AM

View Postkalinkin_a, on 21 October 2011 - 05:42 AM, said:

I've done it. Will see, if problem appeared again, I'll ping you here :) Anaway, thanks for help.
With best regards,
Alexander K.

Hey guys,
This problem appeared again, so reinstall DVD-rom didn't resolve the issue. Any other ideas?
With best regards,
Alexander K.

Attached Images

• 2.jpg

#17 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,743 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:12 AM

View Postkalinkin_a, on 24 October 2011 - 04:58 AM, said:

Hey guys,
This problem appeared again, so reinstall DVD-rom didn't resolve the issue. Any other ideas?
With best regards,
Alexander K.

Download the FREE small application ImgBurn. It has a filter driver load order I need to see!

ImgBurn Current version: 2.5.6.0 (5,262 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application

Link click here>>   http://imgburn.com/i...hp?act=download

Download it, install it, and re-boot. Open to what I show and post a screen shot of the second pic below.

1.jpg

2.jpg
cd
Spoiler

#18 kalinkin_a

kalinkin_a

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:31 AM

Hi,
Please see the picture below.
With best regards,
Alexander K.

Attached Images

• 3.jpg

#19 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,743 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:50 AM

You show no signs of a Px_engine filter and where it should be!

If I Google the error I find it related to Avast Anti-Virus software, Image Virtual Drive Software, and Daemon tools. Do you have any of those installed?

When did this start?

Have you did anything recently, installed any software or hardware, that caused the BSOD?

Have you ran a recent Virus and Malware complete scan?

What is the brand name of your Anti-virus software?

You need to download a utility to read your BSOD crash information stored in your dump files.

Read the page of info in the link below, the two downloads zip or full installer are located at the bottom of the page. Not the download link at the top of the page. This utility should shed some light on the cause of the BSOD,

http://www.nirsoft.n...creen_view.html

Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)
Download BlueScreenView with full install/uninstall support
cd
Spoiler

#20 Big.Dog

Big.Dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

I got the blue screen 2 times with no fix from microsoft. On the third time PXEngine error was the fix
Downloaded the updated one. Problem Blue Screen Again. Disconected DVD Burner Drive. Low And Behold
No Errors!!!!!  Replaced The suspect DVD Burner with one I knew worked problem solved!!!! The Bad burner was reconized by Windows and would still burn a DVD Video in about 6 min.
The problem only happened while coding with TMPGEnc. I to have no Roxio software on my computer
I use Nero 10.6 OS Windows 7 x64 AMD 9600 quad cpu biostar A780L MB 4GB 1066 G SKILL ram ati 5450 pcie x16 2.0
video card.
So in my experience a hardware fault caused this error code
Big.Dog420

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users