JoeMc

Convert Mp4 To Mp3?

Question

Hello to all,

I have Roxio Creator Pro 2011. I am trying to make a slideshow with music. I have manysongs that are mp4's. The photoshow program will only accept mp3's. There are no options in the photoshow to accept any other formats. The drop down menu only has mp3. What can I do? Shouldn't Roxio 2011 Pro accept mp4's? If not how can I convert an mp4 to an mp3? Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

joe

• Like 1

17 answers to this question

Hello to all,

I have Roxio Creator Pro 2011. I am trying to make a slideshow with music. I have manysongs that are mp4's. The photoshow program will only accept mp3's. There are no options in the photoshow to accept any other formats. The drop down menu only has mp3. What can I do? Shouldn't Roxio 2011 Pro accept mp4's? If not how can I convert an mp4 to an mp3? Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

joe

Are you sure they are mp4 files? Typically those are video files and NOT simply audio files. Where did you get them?

Open Sound Soap that came with the Pro version and add the mp4 file. If it takes them, you can extract the audio as a wav file and then convert that to mp3.

Edited by sknis

"MP4" is a Video file...

You will need to extract the audio into an audio file format, like MP3 or WAV, etc. ;)

VideoWave (Edit Video-Advanced) is great for this, simply right click the video and Extract Audio:

post-39730-053494000 1319211137.jpg

It will create a WAV file.

Actually, VW is perfect for creating slideshows too ;)

Posting Tie!

Either way will do the job :lol:

Yes but :P I didn't check if Sound Soap would do mp4 files. Video Wave and Media Manager will work.

"MP4" is a Video file...

post-97-045887300 1319212967.gif

What Is MPEG-4?

MPEG4 is a file format that is commonly used to store media types defined by the ISO/IEC Moving Picture Experts Group, though it can store other media types as well. The files of this format usually have extension .mp4.

post-97-045887300 1319212967.gif

What Is MPEG-4?

MPEG4 is a file format that is commonly used to store media types defined by the ISO/IEC Moving Picture Experts Group, though it can store other media types as well. The files of this format usually have extension .mp4.

Notice that in my first response, I said that mp4 files are "Typically" video files. Look again.

Are you saying that neither of the suggestions made to extract the audio and convert that output to mp3 is correct?

Are you trying to make a different point or are you just posting your knowledge? Do you have any mp4 files that you've found easliy and perhaps where the OP may have found his?

Hint mp4 audio file may also be AAC file.

Edited by sknis

Notice that in my first response, I said that mp4 files are "Typically" video files. Look again.

Are you saying that neither of the suggestions made to extract the audio and convert that output to mp3 is correct?

Are you trying to make a different point or are you just posting your knowledge? Do you have any mp4 files that you've found easliy and perhaps where the OP may have found his?

Hint mp4 audio file may also be AAC file.

<_<

"MP4" is a Video file...

You will need to extract the audio into an audio file format, like MP3 or WAV, etc. ;)

VideoWave (Edit Video-Advanced) is great for this, simply right click the video and Extract Audio:

It will create a WAV file.

Actually, VW is perfect for creating slideshows too ;)

I'm a little confused with the responses but I did open videowave and tried to "add" it as a file and it would not recognize. Again, the drop down menu doesn't have Mp3. it has MPEG, Mp2, etc.... but not mp4... strange... Here is a screen shot of what I am seeing... Thanks again...

post-95965-045108500 1319224381.jpg

It's the 13th item on the Video Files.

Browse to the folder where the file is located. Double click the file. What happen when you do that? Does the file get loaded?

Edited by malatekid

Okay, I see that the properties of the file is an "m4a"... I purchased this from i-tunes, i'm making a slideshow for my 10 year old daughter...

post-95965-054977100 1319225956.jpg

Thank you to all who have responded. I e-mailed a friend who converted it for me in two minutes. He has a utility for that sort of thing. Thank you all for the replies. Just a side note: wouldn't it be nice if roxio could convert these legally purchased songs? Are they behind the curve on these new files? Does 2012 Pro have this ability? Thanks again. I do love Roxio - just an area where they can improve, that's all...

Thank you to all who have responded. I e-mailed a friend who converted it for me in two minutes. He has a utility for that sort of thing. Thank you all for the replies. Just a side note: wouldn't it be nice if roxio could convert these legally purchased songs? Are they behind the curve on these new files? Does 2012 Pro have this ability? Thanks again. I do love Roxio - just an area where they can improve, that's all...

If you would have said m4a, it would saved a lot of electrons for posts on what and how to convert mp4 audio files. :angry:

As an information point, Creator 2011 And 2012 support m4a files.

Input Formats

• Video: AVI, DV, HDV, DV-AVI, MPEG-1/2/4, MPEG2-HD, DVD-Video, IFO/VOB, XviD, DVR-MS, TiVo, ASF, MOV, WMV, QuickTime, 3GP, MPEG2 Transport Stream, AVC (H.264), AVCHD, MKV
  • Audio: Audio CD, MP3, WAV, WMA, Dolby® Digital AC-3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, M4A, MP4, Playlists (WPL, ASX, M3U, PLS, XSPF)
  • Image: MPO, JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF

I apologize for wasting your time.

However, I disagree that photoshow supports m4a files without converting it to an mp3. And again, I apologize. It was innocent...

Joe

I apologize for wasting your time.

However, I disagree that photoshow supports m4a files without converting it to an mp3. And again, I apologize. It was innocent...

Joe

No need to apologize, if they didn't have time to waste they didn't have to respond! :lol:

Use Sound Editor for a work around...

post-97-076514400 1319235889.jpg

post-97-026315400 1319235496.jpg

post-97-014530100 1319235510.jpg

post-97-043994400 1319235527.jpg

post-97-017680100 1319235602.jpg

Thank you for the lengthy/thorough reply. I am on my way out the door with my family right now. I will look at it when I get back. Thanks for the response. I'll look at it...

Joe

No need to apologize, if they didn't have time to waste they didn't have to respond! :lol:

Use Sound Editor for a work around...

post-97-076514400 1319235889.jpg

post-97-026315400 1319235496.jpg

post-97-014530100 1319235510.jpg

post-97-043994400 1319235527.jpg

post-97-017680100 1319235602.jpg