17 replies to this topic

#1 JoeMc

JoeMc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:48 AM

Hello to all,

I have Roxio Creator Pro 2011. I am trying to make a slideshow with music. I have manysongs that are mp4's. The photoshow program will only accept mp3's. There are no options in the photoshow to accept any other formats. The drop down menu only has mp3. What can I do? Shouldn't Roxio 2011 Pro accept mp4's? If not how can I convert an mp4 to an mp3? Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

joe

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,193 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:29 AM

View PostJoeMc, on 21 October 2011 - 06:48 AM, said:

Hello to all,

I have Roxio Creator Pro 2011. I am trying to make a slideshow with music. I have manysongs that are mp4's. The photoshow program will only accept mp3's. There are no options in the photoshow to accept any other formats. The drop down menu only has mp3. What can I do? Shouldn't Roxio 2011 Pro accept mp4's? If not how can I convert an mp4 to an mp3? Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

joe

Are you sure they are mp4 files?  Typically those are video files and NOT simply audio files.  Where did you get them?

Open Sound Soap that came with the Pro version and add the mp4 file.  If it takes them, you can extract the audio as a wav file and then convert that to mp3.

Edited by sknis, 21 October 2011 - 07:31 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,571 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:33 AM

"MP4" is a Video file...

You will need to extract the audio into an audio file format, like MP3 or WAV, etc. ;)

VideoWave (Edit Video-Advanced) is great for this, simply right click the video and Extract Audio:

Attached File  Image2.jpg   148.16K   0 downloads

It will create a WAV file.

Actually, VW is perfect for creating slideshows too ;)
Posted Image

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,571 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:34 AM

Posting Tie!

Either way will do the job :lol:
Posted Image

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,193 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:40 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 21 October 2011 - 07:34 AM, said:

Posting Tie!

Either way will do the job :lol:

Yes but :P  I didn't check if Sound Soap would do mp4 files.   Video Wave and Media Manager will work.
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,684 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:22 AM

"MP4" is a Video file...

Attached File  disagree.gif   1.15K   1 downloads

What Is MPEG-4?
MPEG4 is a file format that is commonly used to store media types defined by the ISO/IEC Moving Picture Experts Group, though it can store other media types as well. The files of this format usually have extension .mp4.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#7 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,193 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:57 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 21 October 2011 - 08:22 AM, said:

Attachment disagree.gif

What Is MPEG-4?
MPEG4 is a file format that is commonly used to store media types defined by the ISO/IEC Moving Picture Experts Group, though it can store other media types as well. The files of this format usually have extension .mp4.

Notice that in my first response, I said that mp4 files are "Typically" video files.   Look again.

Are you saying that neither of the suggestions made to extract the audio and convert that output to mp3 is  correct?  

Are you trying to make a different point or are you just posting your knowledge?   Do you have any mp4 files that you've found easliy and perhaps where the OP may have found his?

Hint mp4 audio file may also be AAC file.

Edited by sknis, 21 October 2011 - 09:08 AM.

Apple =OSX 10.5

#8 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,684 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:19 AM

View Postsknis, on 21 October 2011 - 08:57 AM, said:

Notice that in my first response, I said that mp4 files are "Typically" video files.   Look again.

Are you saying that neither of the suggestions made to extract the audio and convert that output to mp3 is  correct?  

Are you trying to make a different point or are you just posting your knowledge?   Do you have any mp4 files that you've found easliy and perhaps where the OP may have found his?

Hint mp4 audio file may also be AAC file.

<_<  

View PostJim_Hardin, on 21 October 2011 - 07:33 AM, said:

"MP4" is a Video file...

You will need to extract the audio into an audio file format, like MP3 or WAV, etc. ;)

VideoWave (Edit Video-Advanced) is great for this, simply right click the video and Extract Audio:

It will create a WAV file.

Actually, VW is perfect for creating slideshows too ;)

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,571 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:44 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 21 October 2011 - 09:19 AM, said:

<_<
Do you have any point at all :lol:

Any contribution to resolving the question that was asked :huh:
Posted Image

#10 JoeMc

JoeMc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

I'm a little confused with the responses but I did open videowave and tried to "add" it as a file and it would not recognize. Again, the drop down menu doesn't have Mp3. it has MPEG, Mp2, etc.... but not mp4... strange... Here is a screen shot of what I am seeing... Thanks again...

Attached Files

#11 malatekid

malatekid

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,650 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:31 AM

It's the 13th item on the Video Files.

Browse to the folder where the file is located. Double click the file. What happen when you do that? Does the file get loaded?

Edited by malatekid, 21 October 2011 - 11:34 AM.

"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances, and demonstrations for impressions"
   -- John Ruskin

Roxio Creator 2012 Pro
Dell XPS 410
Windows XP Professional,Service Pack 3
Intel 2 Duo Processor E6700 (2.66GHz,1066FSB) with 4MB cache
4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
500GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive(7200RPM)

1 GB DDR3 EVGA GeForce GT 630
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
Samsung SH-S203B, Asus DRW-2014L1T
Epson R300 printer, Epson 4490 Scanner

#12 JoeMc

JoeMc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:39 AM

Okay, I see that the properties of the file is an "m4a"...  I purchased this from i-tunes, i'm making a slideshow for my 10 year old daughter...

Attached Files

#13 malatekid

malatekid

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,650 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

Oh, it's m4a, not mp4. I will leave you to people who has experience using that file type.  :)
"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances, and demonstrations for impressions"
   -- John Ruskin

Roxio Creator 2012 Pro
Dell XPS 410
Windows XP Professional,Service Pack 3
Intel 2 Duo Processor E6700 (2.66GHz,1066FSB) with 4MB cache
4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
500GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive(7200RPM)

1 GB DDR3 EVGA GeForce GT 630
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
Samsung SH-S203B, Asus DRW-2014L1T
Epson R300 printer, Epson 4490 Scanner

#14 JoeMc

JoeMc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:39 PM

Thank you to all who have responded. I e-mailed a friend who converted it for me in two minutes. He has a utility for that sort of thing. Thank you all for the replies. Just a side note: wouldn't it be nice if roxio could convert these legally purchased songs? Are they behind the curve on these new files? Does 2012 Pro have this ability? Thanks again. I do love Roxio - just an area where they can improve, that's all...

#15 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,193 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

View PostJoeMc, on 21 October 2011 - 12:39 PM, said:

Thank you to all who have responded. I e-mailed a friend who converted it for me in two minutes. He has a utility for that sort of thing. Thank you all for the replies. Just a side note: wouldn't it be nice if roxio could convert these legally purchased songs? Are they behind the curve on these new files? Does 2012 Pro have this ability? Thanks again. I do love Roxio - just an area where they can improve, that's all...

If you would have said m4a, it would saved a lot of electrons for posts on what and how to convert mp4 audio files.  :angry:

As an information point, Creator 2011 And 2012 support m4a files.

Input Formats

• Video: AVI, DV, HDV, DV-AVI, MPEG-1/2/4, MPEG2-HD, DVD-Video, IFO/VOB, XviD, DVR-MS, TiVo, ASF, MOV, WMV, QuickTime, 3GP, MPEG2 Transport Stream, AVC (H.264), AVCHD, MKV
  • Audio: Audio CD, MP3, WAV, WMA, Dolby® Digital AC-3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, M4A, MP4, Playlists (WPL, ASX, M3U, PLS, XSPF)
  • Image: MPO, JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF

Apple =OSX 10.5

#16 JoeMc

JoeMc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

I apologize for wasting your time.

However, I disagree that photoshow supports m4a files without converting it to an mp3. And again, I apologize. It was innocent...

Joe

#17 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,684 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:28 PM

View PostJoeMc, on 21 October 2011 - 02:20 PM, said:

I apologize for wasting your time.

However, I disagree that photoshow supports m4a files without converting it to an mp3. And again, I apologize. It was innocent...

Joe

No need to apologize, if they didn't have time to waste they didn't have to respond!  :lol:

Use Sound Editor for a work around...

Attached File  M-1.jpg   211.47K   0 downloads

Attached File  M.jpg   144.46K   0 downloads

Attached File  M1.jpg   83.22K   0 downloads

Attached File  M2.jpg   118.62K   0 downloads

Attached File  M4.jpg   4.04K   0 downloads
cd
Spoiler

#18 JoeMc

JoeMc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:39 PM

Thank you for the lengthy/thorough reply. I am on my way out the door with my family right now. I will look at it when I get back. Thanks for the response. I'll look at it...

Joe

View Postcdanteek, on 21 October 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

No need to apologize, if they didn't have time to waste they didn't have to respond!  :lol:

Use Sound Editor for a work around...

Attachment M-1.jpg

Attachment M.jpg

Attachment M1.jpg

Attachment M2.jpg

Attachment M4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users