• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 smbranch

smbranch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:12 AM

I am trying to burn a DVD. I am using Windows XP and Creator 2011. I have sucessfully copied DVDs using Creator before, so I do not think my burners are in question. My drives are an internal TSST corp DVD +-RW TSH653B and an external Sony DVD RW DRU 720A. I am using Sony DVD+R discs.

When I burn the project, all seesm to go well. But when I try to use Cineplayer, it will not find the disc. The open window shows no selection for the drive.

On Windows Explorer, my drives appear as CD Drive (E:) and CD Drive (G:). There is a Roxio icon on my Computer called "Roxio Burn Disc Viewer. It shoes my E, F, G drives as type CD Drive. My F drive is an external hard drive.  

When I try to look at the disc with Windows Explorer, the contents are blank. No files appear, nothing.

I rebooted thinking this would reset the drives. I still see "Roxio Burn Disc Viewer" and drives seen as as CDs. Explorer says drives a DVD RW. I loaded a commercial DVD movie. The drive changes to CD and I cannot acess the movie files, nor   will it play.  

What's going on?

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,592 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:40 AM

As far as your 'drives' go, that is the way Windows works...

As far as your disc, that depends on everything you didn't mention, HOW you are burning it, with what program and want settings.
Posted Image

#3 smbranch

smbranch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:10 AM

I am using Roxio MyDVD, Burn Project. x on Burn to disc. The drive is my internal drive. It says the disc is blank. I have atatched a copy of that panel. Other than that, it does not look as if there is a heckuva lot to set.  
Attached File  Document1.rtf   1.89MB   12 downloads

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,592 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:02 AM

It is preferred you Post pictures rather than force everyone to download & open… Info for posting is, HERE.

(here is your pic)
Attached File  SMBRANCH.jpg   41.3K   0 downloads

WHERE have you tried to play it?

If you put it in your PC, use Roxio Tools to see what is on the disc:

Attached File  Tools - Get Disc Info.jpg   115.44K   0 downloads

Also we always recommend Verbatim & Taiyo Yuden for media and just walk right past anything else  ;)

While you are looking that info up might as well outline Plan B for you…

That is to use the Save disc image file option in place of Burn to disc.

NOTE where you are saving the ISO file!!! :huh:

Then use the Burn Disc Image program from the Data/Copy tab to burn that ISO to disc…

A lot of users always do this method! It just saves grief in the end. But let’s see if it works first  :lol:

Also it is wise to have a disc or 2 of DVD RW media on hand for testing and learning.
Posted Image

#5 smbranch

smbranch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

Thanks for all of the help. I was able to get the disc to play... just not on my PC. I'll have to work on that next. As  for uploading the image, I had difficulty finding out how to do it. Thanks for the instructions. I am a main frame guy. Next time you need help debugging z/OS, let me know.  ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users