#1 Matt W

Matt W

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:14 AM

Hi,

I have imported video (with stereo audio) of my client (speaking at a podium, over a banquet hall house PA) system into Edit Video Enhanced with the following channels:

Left: Camera / ambient mic
Right: Speech giver's wireless lavalier / lapel mic

At times, I might wish to mix in the camera mic (audience applause, questions or other ambient sound), but mostly I wish to isolate the left channel with its clean audio of my client's speech.

When I reveal the audio track, I only see a mix of both left and right.

Is there a way to manage my audio tracks in true stereo fashion? Mostly, I want to isolate the right channel input but deliver it to both channels in my final production's audio mix-down.

Right now, my work-around is to export the audio to a different handler where I create a completely new audio mix-down which I then add back into my production as a music track while muting my video's native audio track.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Matt

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,699 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:57 PM

View PostMatt W, on 24 October 2011 - 10:14 AM, said:

Hi,

I have imported video (with stereo audio) of my client (speaking at a podium, over a banquet hall house PA) system into Edit Video Enhanced with the following channels:

Left: Camera / ambient mic
Right: Speech giver's wireless lavalier / lapel mic

At times, I might wish to mix in the camera mic (audience applause, questions or other ambient sound), but mostly I wish to isolate the left channel with its clean audio of my client's speech.

When I reveal the audio track, I only see a mix of both left and right.

Is there a way to manage my audio tracks in true stereo fashion? Mostly, I want to isolate the right channel input but deliver it to both channels in my final production's audio mix-down.

Right now, my work-around is to export the audio to a different handler where I create a completely new audio mix-down which I then add back into my production as a music track while muting my video's native audio track.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Matt

1)  Extract the audio from the video using a left click on the video file using Media Manager.
2)  Load that file into "Edit Audio"   and move the little markers below the audio to one  get only one side (see images).
3)  Export that file to a new one and reload it.
4) Go to Sound Effects and select mono to stereo.  Save that file.  Sorry I could not get this part to work.  I looked at 4 other audio editors and none seem to be able to grab only one track and then make a stereo out of it.
5) Add the video to Edit Video -Advanced,   select to show the native track and then mute it.
6)  Add that last saved file to the music or other audio track.

I don't have a file like yours to try but the process should give you what you want. ofr part of it (have only one channel).

Attached File  stereo to mono.jpg   110.3K   0 downloads

Markers moved.

Attached File  mono.jpg   68.3K   0 downloads

Edited by sknis, 14 November 2011 - 05:24 AM.
Correction

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,699 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:20 AM

More on the above:  

After you silence one of the channels, you can select to export the file as a mono file by selecting "custom".   You should then be able to start a new project and add that mono file and then use the mono to stereo effect.

Hopefilly that covers your question.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#4 malatekid

malatekid

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,668 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:44 AM

See if this old thread will be of help too (steps 1-4), to supplement sknis suggestion above.

"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances, and demonstrations for impressions"
   -- John Ruskin

Roxio Creator 2012 Pro
Dell XPS 410
Windows XP Professional,Service Pack 3
Intel 2 Duo Processor E6700 (2.66GHz,1066FSB) with 4MB cache
4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
500GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive(7200RPM)

1 GB DDR3 EVGA GeForce GT 630
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
Samsung SH-S203B, Asus DRW-2014L1T
Epson R300 printer, Epson 4490 Scanner

0 user(s) are reading this topic