63 replies to this topic

#1 Mags-Z

Mags-Z

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:01 PM

I have Roxio 2009 and Roxio 2010 and now Roxio 2012.  I keep getting errors when trying to burn DVD's  The last error I got was this:  :["Write Error - Medium Error. "[03/0C/00])  Before that I  was getting some other error like 130000  But I forget what it was.  It burns DVD's ok till it gets to about 50 to 90 percent and then crashes.  If you need the other numbers from the other crash I can try and burn another DVD and see what comes up.  But it is 100% failure.  Running Windows 7 x64.  Intel 130 watt i7 920 and 12 GB DDR3 1600.  Don't feel I am not up to power levels with hardware to handle the problem. Video card is a Radeon 6970 2GB DDR5 and a Creative Labs Titanium PCI-E Sound Card.  It's running on a Gigabyte Mobo.  Never had burning issues till just lately and only had Roxio 2009 and 2010 but since having issues I got 2012 and still have the same errors.

When I get the other error I will post it as well.

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 05 November 2011 - 02:33 AM.

#2 Mags-Z

Mags-Z

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:08 PM

View PostMags-Z, on 24 October 2011 - 01:01 PM, said:

I have Roxio 2009 and Roxio 2010 and now Roxio 2012.  I keep getting errors when trying to burn DVD's  The last error I got was this:  :["Write Error - Medium Error. "[03/0C/00])  Before that I  was getting some other error like 130000  But I forget what it was.  It burns DVD's ok till it gets to about 50 to 90 percent and then crashes.  If you need the other numbers from the other crash I can try and burn another DVD and see what comes up.  But it is 100% failure.  Running Windows 7 x64.  Intel 130 watt i7 920 and 12 GB DDR3 1600.  Don't feel I am not up to power levels with hardware to handle the problem. Video card is a Radeon 6970 2GB DDR5 and a Creative Labs Titanium PCI-E Sound Card.  It's running on a Gigabyte Mobo.  Never had burning issues till just lately and only had Roxio 2009 and 2010 but since having issues I got 2012 and still have the same errors.

When I get the other error I will post it as well.

OK Here is the other error.  Now I realize people are going to say "BUT THAT IS ROXIO 2009"  yeah it is.  But the same error occurs in Roxio 2010 and Roxio 2012.  Don't matter what I use.  The same error occurs.  I'm tired of making Frisbees and wasting good discs.  I recently reformated and that is when I started having this problem with 2010.  So I reformatted again and still I have a problem with Roxio 2010.  So I purchased 2012 in hopes that this one would have all the newest stuff in it and perhaps the problem would go away.  But nope still I have this problem.  here is the other error code I get!

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 05 November 2011 - 02:32 AM.

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,520 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

Buy some good blank DVDs.  It appears that you have gotten ahold of some bad ones.  Verbatim or JVC-Tayo Yiuden are the best.  Buy a couple of good quality RW discs to work with.

Will your burner take both +R and -R? Post what burner you have from device manager.   I got it from the image above.

Where did you get the disc you want to copy?  Is it a standard DVD playable on a DVD player?  Could there be DRM protection?  Is it this movie?

Edited by sknis, 24 October 2011 - 01:28 PM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#4 Mags-Z

Mags-Z

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

This stack of disk I have not had a problem with before.  But he is not as easy on my DVD's as I am.  He tends to scratch the heck out of them.  So I wanted to make us a copy of the movie and keep the original safe.  when he messes up the copy I will just make a new one for us.  I know that might still be a bit on the not so great things to do.  But I don't want my movie to be ruined.

But I also make home movies that this problem has been happening on.  I have a Panasonic HD Camcorder and I make my home movies on.  I use it mainly for those as it makes a nice copy of my home movies and then I can make multiple copies of those so I can give them to my kids and keep the originals safe.  I can't even burn one of those.  It gets to say 10 to 90 percent done and even once I seen where it got to 99% and failed.

The Plextor DVD Burners are brand new.  I even sent for new ones and these ones in there are less than a week old.  I have 2 Plextor PX-L890SA's burners and a LG WH08LS20 Blu-Ray Burner.  I do a bit of Camcordering on the side for people in weddings and such.  I make them what they want.  Either a Blu-Ray disk with the High Def mode or just regular DVD's.  Most people want both.

The DVD's I have been using are Memorex.  Not one of the ones you had mentioned but still I have never had a problem with them before.  They were a 100 pack stack.  i have 2 - 100 stack of Sony's I can try those.  I also have a 50 pk of HP and a a 50 pack of Staples brand.  Truly I have no preference on what brand I use.  I have burned enough disc to know that they all have a few bad apples in the bunch and you can ask 100 people and they will all give you a different brand as to who is the best.

I have never owned a computer I have not built myself and I have built one for every member in my family.  I have built 100's of them through the years.  I have a few EVGA motherboards like yours.  But as well built as they are they had start up issues.  I have yet to send them back LOL!  Always putting off things  that is me.  I know in the years past you sometimes had to up the Cache memory for windows.  But I don't think with Windows 7 x64 that is an issue any more.  I know more about how computers work than I know how to work one LOL!  I got my Electrical Engineering degree in the Early 80's and we did ASCII on a old Epson computer before DOS was even out and all it had was LED digital read outs.  So what I know is self taught and learning by trial and error like coming here with this problem.  Any thoughts would be helpful and I will try with a different type of DVD to see if any difference.

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 05 November 2011 - 02:37 AM.

#5 Mags-Z

Mags-Z

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:07 PM

I tried 4 different kinds of DVD's and all with the same results.  I made a video screen shot of the problem happening but it's like 30 minutes long.  The thing crashed at about 14 percent and then went to like 74 percent before it really crashed out.  i have the video if you want it.  It like I said is a bit long but if you think it would help.  I was then burning my home movies and those are not copyrighted and are my families and they are shorter in size than a real movie is.  Usually around like 3.8 Gig.  Still it crashed.  And I tried it with 4 different mediums.  Made no difference.

#6 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,787 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

View PostMags-Z, on 24 October 2011 - 05:16 PM, said:

This stack of disk I have not had a problem with before.  The movie (as to not think I'm a pirate) is a movie I own and love and my son likes it as well.  But he is not as easy on my DVD's as I am.  He tends to scratch the heck out of them.  So I wanted to make us a copy of the movie and keep the original safe.  when he messes up the copy I will just make a new one for us.  I know that might still be a bit on the not so great things to do.  But I don't want my movie to be ruined.  I have a program called DVDFAB.

But I also make home movies that this problem has been happening on.  I have a Panasonic HD Camcorder and I make my home movies on.  I use DVDFAB mainly for those as it makes a nice copy of my home movies and then I can make multiple copies of those so I can give them to my kids and keep the originals safe.  I can't even burn one of those.  It gets to say 10 to 90 percent done and even once I seen where it got to 99% and failed.

The Plextor DVD Burners are brand new.  I even sent for new ones and these ones in there are less than a week old.  I have 2 Plextor PX-L890SA's burners and a LG WH08LS20 Blu-Ray Burner.  I do a bit of Camcordering on the side for people in weddings and such.  I make them what they want.  Either a Blu-Ray disk with the High Def mode or just regular DVD's.  Most people want both.

The DVD's I have been using are Memorex.  Not one of the ones you had mentioned but still I have never had a problem with them before.  They were a 100 pack stack.  i have 2 - 100 stack of Sony's I can try those.  I also have a 50 pk of HP and a a 50 pack of Staples brand.  Truly I have no preference on what brand I use.  I have burned enough disc to know that they all have a few bad apples in the bunch and you can ask 100 people and they will all give you a different brand as to who is the best.

I have never owned a computer I have not built myself and I have built one for every member in my family.  I have built 100's of them through the years.  I have a few EVGA motherboards like yours.  But as well built as they are they had start up issues.  I have yet to send them back LOL!  Always putting off things  that is me.  I know in the years past you sometimes had to up the Cache memory for windows.  But I don't think with Windows 7 x64 that is an issue any more.  I know more about how computers work than I know how to work one LOL!  I got my Electrical Engineering degree in the Early 80's and we did ASCII on a old Epson computer before DOS was even out and all it had was LED digital read outs.  So what I know is self taught and learning by trial and error like coming here with this problem.  Any thoughts would be helpful and I will try with a different type of DVD to see if any difference.

You do not own the contents of that commercial DVD, all you own is the physical disc. Any discussion of breaking the copy protection is not allowed in this forum.

If you want to discuss the problems with your home movies, it would be best to start a new thread and stick with that topic.

All the DVD brands (especially the Memorex and store brands) you list are the bottom of the barrel quality except perhaps for the Sonys. In the 100`s of DVDs I have burned, I have never had a problem with a Verbatim DVD that was not my fault but I have had numerous problems with Memorex and Maxels before I started not using them. That does not mean that your problems are with the DVDs.

Don`t burn at the highest speed especially with the low quality DVDs you are using.
How long in time is the project you are burning? File size means nothing when burning video DVDs.
Have you tried burning first to a iso image file or folder set and the burn those to the DVD?

Edited by myguggi, 24 October 2011 - 07:16 PM.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#7 Mags-Z

Mags-Z

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:40 PM

Well I have slowed down the speed and I have tried to use them at x8 which is half speed.  I thought I said that I was burning the family videos and they were about 3.8GB big.  I also do other people's weddings and such and those are always about 3.8 to 4.2 GB in size.  The video screen shot I have is of me burning a Family DVD.  It was really slowed down and I tried it at x4 speed and still it crashed.  It takes over 25 minutes time for the screen shot video.  But you can see that it crashes around 14 percent and still keeps burning the disc and it gets up to about 74 percent and crashes.

The disc pops out and only about 20 percent of the disc is burned.  I have those family disc already backed up on a disc but I was just showing how it crashes with just regular old video.  Well my camcorder is in HD but the video I have on the disc is just regular old NTSC stuff.  Nothing fancy.  It should have no problems.  And as I also said even the Sony's crash.  I find it hard to believe that it's just a case of junky DVD's.  It's 100 percent failure here.  Even at slow speeds.  And I have tried it with 4 brand new DVD Plextor Burners.

#8 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,520 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:13 AM

TIME !

One hour at best quality on a single layer disc.; double that for dual layer.  You can get a little more than 3 hours on a double sided disc at poorer quality.

It seems that something has changed.  You'll have to tell us what.

Do you do regular maintenance on your computer?  Clean out junk files, remove programs that you don't use any more, defrag?  How much free space on your system drive?

Have you used those "new" Plextor burners for anythign else?  Are you sure they are seeing your disc correctly and are really ready to burn?

At the top of the main page, go to tools and then "Get Disc Information"   put one of the blanks in the drive and post a screen shot.  Do the same with one of the DVD you want to copy.

Edited by sknis, 25 October 2011 - 01:19 AM.

Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,592 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:04 AM

So post a screen cap from 2012... Just saying 'it's the same' does not make it the same!!!

Also the rest of your PC specs, including Video Card. And the Program Settings you are using.
Posted Image

#10 Mags-Z

Mags-Z

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:40 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 25 October 2011 - 04:04 AM, said:

So post a screen cap from 2012... Just saying 'it's the same' does not make it the same!!!

Also the rest of your PC specs, including Video Card. And the Program Settings you are using.

Hi Jim I did that on the first post in this thread.  But I will relist it.

1)   Windows 7 Home x64 Bit
2)   Intel i7 920
3)   12 gb DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistic Tracers
4)   Radeon 6970  2 gb DDR5
5)   Rosewell 1300 Watt Lightning Power Supply
6)   Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Mobo
7)   Creative Labs PCI-E Titanium Sound Card.
8)   2 (two) Plextor PX-L890SA DVD Burners
9)   1 (one) LG   WH08LS20 Blu-Ray Burner

As I said I have never owned a PC (other than laptops) that I have not built myself.  I will leave a picture of it and I know it's a bit crazy with all the lights and flashing.  But that is how I like my machines to look.  I built two of these one for my son.  built other ones for my wife and daughter.

Not sure what else you may need but let me know if I have forgot something.  There is no make for it as I made it.  Nothing has changed other than I reformatted the thing.  But I tried this a few times.  I prefer the look of Roxio 2009.  It does or has not worked in the past with Win 7x64.  But if you then installed Roxio 2010 it seemed to work ok.  But the past few times of reformatting seemed to not work.  Perhaps this 2009 Version is causing me problems.  I have this same setup on my laptop and it works there.

Posted Image

My laptop is a i7 as well with 8gb DDR3.  Same Win 7 x64.

#11 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,787 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:01 PM

View PostMags-Z, on 25 October 2011 - 06:40 PM, said:

Hi Jim I did that on the first post in this thread.  But I will relist it.

1)   Windows 7 Home x64 Bit
2)   Intel i7 920
3)   12 gb DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistic Tracers
4)   Radeon 6970  2 gb DDR5
5)   Rosewell 1300 Watt Lightning Power Supply
6)   Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Mobo
7)   Creative Labs PCI-E Titanium Sound Card.
8)   2 (two) Plextor PX-L890SA DVD Burners
9)   1 (one) LG   WH08LS20 Blu-Ray Burner

As I said I have never owned a PC (other than laptops) that I have not built myself.  I will leave a picture of it and I know it's a bit crazy with all the lights and flashing.  But that is how I like my machines to look.  I built two of these one for my son.  built other ones for my wife and daughter.

Not sure what else you may need but let me know if I have forgot something.  There is no make for it as I made it.  Nothing has changed other than I reformatted the thing.  But I tried this a few times.  I prefer the look of Roxio 2009.  It does or has not worked in the past with Win 7x64.  But if you then installed Roxio 2010 it seemed to work ok.  But the past few times of reformatting seemed to not work.  Perhaps this 2009 Version is causing me problems.  I have this same setup on my laptop and it works there.

Posted Image

My laptop is a i7 as well with 8gb DDR3.  Same Win 7 x64.

You do know that C2009 is not compatible with W7?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#12 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,187 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:38 AM

View PostMags-Z, on 24 October 2011 - 01:01 PM, said:

I have Roxio 2009 and Roxio 2010 and now Roxio 2012.  I keep getting errors when trying to burn DVD's  The last error I got was this:  :["Write Error - Medium Error. "[03/0C/00])  Before that I  was getting some other error like 130000  But I forget what it was.  It burns DVD's ok till it gets to about 50 to 90 percent and then crashes.  If you need the other numbers from the other crash I can try and burn another DVD and see what comes up.  But it is 100% failure. Running Windows 7 x64.  Intel 130 watt i7 920 and 12 GB DDR3 1600.  Don't feel I am not up to power levels with hardware to handle the problem. Video card is a Radeon 6970 2GB DDR5 and a Creative Labs Titanium PCI-E Sound Card.  It's running on a Gigabyte Mobo.  Never had burning issues till just lately and only had Roxio 2009 and 2010 but since having issues I got 2012 and still have the same errors

When I get the other error I will post it as well

View Postmyguggi, on 25 October 2011 - 08:01 PM, said:

You do know that C2009 is not compatible with W7?

You have a mangled mess on your PC!

You need to do a clean uninstall for all three versions (links in my signature). Then decide on one version C2011 or C2012 and install that on your Windows 7 machine.

It was mentioned in post #1 "2009 on W-7" then repeated in other posts..   :(
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#13 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,592 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:13 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 26 October 2011 - 05:38 AM, said:

You have a mangled mess on your PC!

You need to do a clean uninstall for all three versions (links in my signature). Then decide on one version C2011 or C2012 and install that on your Windows 7 machine.

It was mentioned in post #1 "2009 on W-7" then repeated in other posts..   :(
I'll 2nd that :P

Until that mess gets cleaned out, there is little chance of anything working correctly :huh:

cd's links for cleanup are perfect for what you need to do! ;)
Posted Image

#14 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,219 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

I'll 3rd that.

-not that cd's recommendations need any endorsement from us. :)
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

#15 Mags-Z

Mags-Z

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:37 AM

Well ok took me some time but I removed all 3 programs.  I have Roxio 2009 on my laptop and had it on this computer with Win 7 and it runs fine.  Granted I did notice on those you have to put on Roxio 2010 but after that 2009 works.  I removed all of the programs and just put on Roxio 2012.  it burns ok till the end and then crash.  Another Frisbee.  I have burned other brands of DVD's without any problems.  I have burned at x16 without any problems.  And I am burning just my own family video's and nothing is finishing.  The only thing I can think of is to (*GULP) reformat and try once again with a fresh install and put on nothing but Roxio 2012 and see what happens.  But this is getting a bit frustrating.  I have my nephews wedding to do and I don't want to have to transfer all the stuff to my laptop to do it.

As I said these are brand new DVD Burners.  I had 2 other burners in there that were also brand new.  So I have bought and tried 4 new DVD burners.  All Plextor PX-L890SA's.  I trust nothing but Plextor's as the others are junk.  I have bought over 200 DVD burners in my day.  everything from Pioneer to Lite On.  Nothing holds up like Plextor's.  They last the longest and well they used to be better before (not sure if they are still doing this) having Pioneer make the DVD burners for them.  But still they are better than the rest of the ones out there.

#16 Mags-Z

Mags-Z

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

Maybe this info will help not sure.  As i said i know more about how a computer works than to make a computer work.  I know just enough to be dangerous LOL!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let me know if those seem to help.  Other wise I guess a (UGGG) reformating is going to have to happen again..  I hate doing those.  Takes me so long to get things the way I like them.

#17 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,520 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

Perhaps something like this (link)?

Apple =OSX 10.5

#18 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,187 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

View PostMags-Z, on 03 November 2011 - 11:48 AM, said:

Maybe this info will help not sure.  As i said i know more about how a computer works than to make a computer work.  I know just enough to be dangerous LOL!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let me know if those seem to help.  Other wise I guess a (UGGG) reformating is going to have to happen again..  I hate doing those.  Takes me so long to get things the way I like them.

Don't you believe the error?

**030C00 is a write error!

What speed and what brand name disc or better yet media ID (MID) are you using?

Free download for dvd.identifier.  http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

Is this a new different batch of media?

Attached File  screenshot_full.jpg   135.3K   0 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#19 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,187 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

View Postsknis, on 03 November 2011 - 12:37 PM, said:

Plextor PX-L890SA only recognized as CDROM (solved)

Did Mags-Z, mention in this post, he has that error? :unsure:
cd
Spoiler

#20 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,520 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:30 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 03 November 2011 - 04:13 PM, said:

Did Mags-Z, mention in this post, he has that error? :unsure:

No, do you have any other ideas?  :angry2: Why is that an issue for YOU?  The OP can read that link and see if he had the same mother board.  Give him some credit that he can use or discard any suggestions.
Your post re; DVD Identifier should give some information concerning what those burners read as.   I took a leap of faith that it wasn't the program. ;)  He indicated that he had tried to use the program for both DRM protected discs - he was told we could not discuss breaking the protection -- and on standard discss that were not DRM protected.  He wouldn't lie would he?

If he is putting in a DVD but it only see a CD, then that might be the issue.  I did a thorough search for isses with that burner and that one was the only one that I could find.

Apple =OSX 10.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users