63 replies to this topic

#61 Mags-Z

Mags-Z

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:11 AM

Just to give an update to this.  I formatted a few times but it just would not work for me.  So I replaced the HDD and the motherboard.  Well I replaced the Mother Board because i was building a new i7 Sandy Bridge - E.  When doing so I went with a Asus Rampage 4 Extreme mother board and I thought ok lets see if with a Brand new HDD and a new mother board if I can get anything in the way of Burning.  I took one of my old Family movies and gave it a shot.  Wham no problem.  Even using MEMOREX Blanks.  I thought ok maybe this was a fluke.  So I tried yet another movie and it worked ok.  (Knock on wood)  Seems to have fixed my problem even though I was doing this anyways and it was not because I was not able to burn DVD's.

Now I am not sure if it was a HDD problem or the SATA lines or just what was the problem.  It was rather frustrating and I still have no idea what the problem was.  But just glad it seems to behaving itself.  I got my Nephews Wedding movie out in time for Xmas and he was happy to get it LOL!  I thought I was never going to be able to make that.  I was not able to get together his Blu Ray version yet.  I was out of Blank Blu-Rays that is the only reason.  I have some coming.  But I promised him I would (knock on Wood again) get those to him as soon as the blanks come in.  Just wanted to thank everyone for the help and give you guys an update.  Happy New Years to all.

#62 Mags-Z

Mags-Z

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:14 AM

I forgot to add I am able to use Roxio 2009.  I prefer it if burning DVD's  If you put 2009 on and then install 2010 It lets 2009 work.  Not sure as to the reason for this.  But I know this works cause I have done this many times and just used 2009 to make those Wedding Movies.  And that is on Windows 7 x 64 bit.

#63 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,801 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:53 AM

Phew, thank goodness and good luck (especially with Creator 2009 and W7).

Happy New Year. Posted Image
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#64 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,323 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:27 AM

The Creator 2009 will fail eventually when running in Win7... All of us tried it and got the same results over time :(

Frankly I cannot see any possible justification for running that many versions :o

I can see Current Version and perhaps Last, but just keeping multiple old versions hanging on creates problems that cannot be resolved because they cannot pin down the source :glare:

Glad you got it running though! :lol:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users