Mattiebo123

Roxio Game Cap Ghosting Issue

Question

*just noticed the spelling mistake, the title is supposed to say 'Ghosting'*

Hi.

I purchased a Roxio Game Capture about 3 weeks ago with the aim of recording PS3 gameplay. I initially tried to get it working on an SDTV and had to wait before buying relevent PS3 component cables, hence why it has taken me 3 weeks to really try it out.

I am currently trying to get it to work on a Sony Bravia HDTV. I bought some 3rd party component cables, which work perfectly when plugged directly from the PS3 into the TV (the picture is very clear). However, when I use the same cable plugged into the Roxio Game Capture, the picture on the TV has a ghosting issue (explaination) which can aso be seen when recording.

Audio quality is fine. The video quality is alright but needs some tweaking. The main problem is the ghosting issue. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to fix this?

Thanks.

If necessery, I can upload a video showing the quality.

Edited by Mattiebo123

7 answers to this question

I don't know about that one.

I just compared a standard set of cables to the ones that came with the device and the RCA connectors are the same.

I'm pretty sure that the RCA connector is made to a standard that's the same all the time.

There are a few things that will cause ghosting.Electrical interference,too long of a cable,poorly constructed cables,etc...

First try moving things around.It may be as simple as you're picking up interference from something.

Another is to try a different cable.You should have gotten enough cables with the device to hook it up.Use the PS3 cable to the device and the Roxio provided one to your TV.

Edited by tbrewst

I don't know about that one.

I just compared a standard set of cables to the ones that came with the device and the RCA connectors are the same.

I'm pretty sure that the RCA connector is made to a standard that's the same all the time.

There are a few things that will cause ghosting.Electrical interference,too long of a cable,poorly constructed cables,etc...

First try moving things around.It may be as simple as you're picking up interference from something.

Another is to try a different cable.You should have gotten enough cables with the device to hook it up.Use the PS3 cable to the device and the Roxio provided one to your TV.

I Dont think there is a fix for this , the roxio game capture has crap video signal passthrough .

Edited by djskip316i

This is a project error.

Very common in devices that use USB to self-powered.

So I always say about buying a splitter (composite, component or hdmi) with external power supply.

The problem has no fix.

Claudio

Upon close inspection of the cables, I found that the tip on the cheap PS3 cables is actually slightly shorter than that of the cables that came with the Roxio. I'll buy the official cables eventually, as soon as I can afford them.

Until I get them, I'll presume that cheap component cables are causing the ghosting problem.