Roxio Community

How Do I View / Mount .cif Files Without Burning First?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dee gee

dee gee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:45 PM

I have a ton of backup .cif's on my hd that I've created over the years.

I can easily burn them to disc and do whatever I want with them, but how do I view the individual songs or mount the image ?

thanx much

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,424 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:09 AM

View Postdee gee, on 26 October 2011 - 11:45 PM, said:

I have a ton of backup .cif's on my hd that I've created over the years.

I can easily burn them to disc and do whatever I want with them, but how do I view the individual songs or mount the image ?

thanx much

What did you use to create the cif files? What I could find is " Corel developed CIF, which is still in use by Roxio's Easy CD Creator. (What does CIF mean? Nobody knows, though "Corel Image Format" is as good a definition as any.) "

Try
1) mounting a virtual disc and playing the cif files from there or
2) try the free VLC player to see if that will work If not,
3) go to cnet.com and search for a cif player.   There are some free and some not so free . Be careful.  I have not tried any of them.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,265 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:29 AM

Dee Gee,

If those are Easy CD Creator  data .CIFs that you have, try Magic Iso or Power Iso. They both handle my old ECDC 4 data .CIFs.

If they're audio .CIFs you'll probably have to burn them to see what's in them (if you didn't name them wisely).

VLC player won't open 'em.

Regards,
Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

As a very wise man told me, "You do it until . . . . ."

#4 dee gee

dee gee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:38 PM

View Postsknis, on 27 October 2011 - 01:09 AM, said:

What did you use to create the cif files?

Easy CD and DVD Creator 6

What I could find is " Corel developed CIF, which is still in use by Roxio's Easy CD Creator. (What does CIF mean? Nobody knows, though "Corel Image Format" is as good a definition as any.) "

creator image file?

Try
1) mounting a virtual disc and playing the cif files from there or
2) try the free VLC player to see if that will work If not,

already tried...neither work

3) go to cnet.com and search for a cif player.   There are some free and some not so free . Be careful.  I have not tried any of them.

i'll look into that

thanx much

#5 dee gee

dee gee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:43 PM

View PostBrendon, on 27 October 2011 - 01:29 AM, said:

Dee Gee,

If those are Easy CD Creator  data .CIFs that you have, try Magic Iso or Power Iso. They both handle my old ECDC 4 data .CIFs.

If they're audio .CIFs you'll probably have to burn them to see what's in them (if you didn't name them wisely).

VLC player won't open 'em.

Regards,
Brendon

They are Easy CD Creator audio .cifs. Each one is a full CD. I've used numerous programs to mount, but they are still not viewable (probably because, as you stated, they are audio)

What I want to do is simply add them into my iTunes library without having to burn each one first.

thanx much

#6 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,265 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:08 PM

I'm afraid you might be s.o.l. there, Dee Gee.

I can't find any evidence that Creator inserts CD-text into an audio .CIF file.
Creator can burn CDs with text but only when burning from an audio disc project. There's none saved in a .CIF file [I looked]or in a CD burned from a .CIF file - I just burned one to test.

They didn't have iTunes back in 2003 :)

Regards,
Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

As a very wise man told me, "You do it until . . . . ."

#7 dee gee

dee gee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:50 AM

View PostBrendon, on 28 October 2011 - 11:08 PM, said:

I'm afraid you might be s.o.l. there, Dee Gee.

I can't find any evidence that Creator inserts CD-text into an audio .CIF file.
Creator can burn CDs with text but only when burning from an audio disc project. There's none saved in a .CIF file [I looked]or in a CD burned from a .CIF file - I just burned one to test.

They didn't have iTunes back in 2003 :)

Regards,
Brendon

I do not need the text. I simply need to access the individual songs/wavs without burning.

If Roxio did not have a way of mounting or viewing their audio images, then they really designed poorly.

I'll keep looking.

thanx again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users