2 replies to this topic

#1 BNMohan

BNMohan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:47 AM

I have a Dell Dimension E520 running Vista Home Premium SP2, OEM Roxio EMC 9 DE.

The original DVD drive went bad, and Dell replaced it with a Philips drive.
Itunes also was installed: it installed its own upper filters
Roxio then reported that there was no drive detected.
I un-installed and tried to re-install Roxio EMC 9 DE: and kept failing. "Setup Application has stopped working"
Read posts on how to do a clean re-install of Roxio EMC 9 DE. This time the install went thru.
But Roxio said there was no DVD drive.
Tried a lot, re-installed pxengine 4 to no avail: and for some reason tried the pxengine 3 version: and my dvd drive was recognized: and things were fine. I thought. I found later that MyDvd was not installed: and I could not make DVDs.
I have tried to do a clean re-install of MyDvd: it did not work."Setup Application has stopped working"
I tried a re-install of EMC 9 DE : it did not work."Setup Application has stopped working"
I tried a clean re-install of EMC 9 DE: this time the set up went through: but MyDvd was not installed.
I noticed today ( after trying for about two years) that EMC 9 wants Directx 9. My Vista has Directx 11.

Would that be the reason for MyDvd failing to install?

I have plans of purchasing Creator 2012: but will that also require Directx 9?
Can Directx 9 Co-exist with Directx 11.

Request some guidance: as Moviemaker is very basic.

Thanks

Mohan

Edited by BNMohan, 27 October 2011 - 08:27 PM.

#2 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:27 AM

DirectX 11 (and DX 10) are NOT updates to DX9 - they are completely different apps. You do need DX9

On a side note, that also applied to dotNET 1,2,3,3.5 and 4 - none of those are a 'replacement' for the other

However, the installation disc should have DX9 and install that as part of the routine.

Edited by gi7omy, 28 October 2011 - 04:29 AM.

If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#3 BNMohan

BNMohan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:05 AM

View Postgi7omy, on 28 October 2011 - 04:27 AM, said:

DirectX 11 (and DX 10) are NOT updates to DX9 - they are completely different apps. You do need DX9

On a side note, that also applied to dotNET 1,2,3,3.5 and 4 - none of those are a 'replacement' for the other

However, the installation disc should have DX9 and install that as part of the routine.

Looks like the Dell Roxio disc did not have the DX9 on it: I tried installing MyDVD 4 times but failed. No problem regarding dotnet 3.5. I must I think then install the Directx9_june_2010 whatever to get my MyDVD running? And the Creator 2012 to install properly?
And how do I find out if Dx9 is also on my machine? Dxdiag says Dx11 is installed.

Mohan

Edited by BNMohan, 28 October 2011 - 09:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users