• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mick "P"

Mick "P"

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:18 AM

Hi Guys. I'm totally new to the forums and a new user of Creator 2011. I'm attempting to make a DVD of a 21st Birthday Party. The DVD will only contain photos, audio ect.
I have tried to create a Custom overlay following the instructions in emctips. The problem is that when I try to use the overlay in vidiowave, it totally covers the photo. There seems to be no window to see the photo through. I can move the overlay to side of the photo pane and see the photo is under there.
If I use one of the overlays from within the program its I can see the photo in the window of the overlay.I'm using Vidiowave for the production and will transfer to mydvd for the menus ect.

#2 karri

karri

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,522 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:41 AM

View PostMick"P", on 31 October 2011 - 01:18 AM, said:

Hi Guys. I'm totally new to the forums and a new user of Creator 2011. I'm attempting to make a DVD of a 21st Birthday Party. The DVD will only contain photos, audio ect.
I have tried to create a Custom overlay following the instructions in emctips. The problem is that when I try to use the overlay in vidiowave, it totally covers the photo. There seems to be no window to see the photo through. I can move the overlay to side of the photo pane and see the photo is under there.
If I use one of the overlays from within the program its I can see the photo in the window of the overlay.I'm using Vidiowave for the production and will transfer to mydvd for the menus ect.

Two options to try, make sure the file is saved as a transparent png file from Photosuite ... if that doesn't work, try applying chroma key in VideoWave and key out the center to make it transparent.
Dell Studio XPS (desktop)
Windows 7 | Core i7 | 12 GB Memory |
ATI HD 5870

Dell Studio XPS (laptop)
Windows 7 | Core i7 | 4 GB Memory
| ATI HD 5730

Roxio
Creator 2012

Creator 2009-12 / Easy Media Creator Tutorials
Roxio Tutorials on Youtube
Roxio Central Learning Center

Roxio MyMoments Tips and Tutorials
Beginner Tips for VideoWave and PhotoSuite
Roxio Creator Getting Started Guide
Roxio Creator User Guide

#3 Mick "P"

Mick "P"

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:50 AM

Hi Guys.
       I'm a new user of the software and the community. I thank you in advance for any help.
I'm attempting to create a custom overlay to use in a photo dvd of a 21st Birthday Party by following the emctips vidio. The problem is that when I try to use the overlay in Vidiowave, the overlay completely covers any photo its applied to. If I use an overlay from the program, I can see the photo. I realise the emctips vidio was using an older version of the software and maybe the overlay created this way may not work in Roxio Creator 2011.
      My basic system is:- Packard Bell Desktop (a little old now but working fine). Nividia Vidio Card, Windows XP, 4GB memory. I don't yet know if I have a corrupted program.
     This is also my second attempt at this post so please inform me if I have not followed the correct procedure.

Regards Mick

#4 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,381,975 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:31 AM

No need to post twice, Mick.

Listen to Karri - we do.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
DVDRW IDE 16X, in Windws XP, 7, and 8

So, what happens now?

#5 Mick "P"

Mick "P"

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:56 AM

Sorry Guys about the two posts. It is my first try and during the first one I did not complete it. It went from my screen. I must have pressed the wrong button and so I started again. Thank you for the quick reply. I will try the suggestion when I get home.

#6 Mick "P"

Mick "P"

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:43 AM

Karri.
       Thank you. I had created the png. correctly but this did not work and so I used the croma key as you suggested and this worked fine. Thank you once again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users