8 replies to this topic

#1 ramsfan

ramsfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:10 AM

After using the Roxio Creator 2011 while making a Cd Project, the files stored on my hardrive will not copy to my external hardrive after using Cd Creator. It tells me that the properties have been changed and not all properties are there. I never had this issue with any previous Roxio products and cannot figure out why Roxio is changing my stored file's properties. I can copy all files over to my external hardrive except the files used by Roxio. Can anyone give me some advice on this issue?

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,526 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:14 AM

View Postramsfan, on 01 November 2011 - 05:10 AM, said:

After using the Roxio Creator 2011 while making a Cd Project, the files stored on my hardrive will not copy to my external hardrive after using Cd Creator. It tells me that the properties have been changed and not all properties are there. I never had this issue with any previous Roxio products and cannot figure out why Roxio is changing my stored file's properties. I can copy all files over to my external hardrive except the files used by Roxio. Can anyone give me some advice on this issue?

Do they not copy or do you just get a message that some data will be lost if you copy?  That may be meta-data the Roxio attaches to the files for quick find.  That information is not required and can safely be deleted when you are copying.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 ramsfan

ramsfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:21 AM

View Postsknis, on 01 November 2011 - 05:14 AM, said:

Do they not copy or do you just get a message that some data will be lost if you copy?  That may be meta-data the Roxio attaches to the files for quick find.  That information is not required and can safely be deleted when you are copying.

Yes they do copy fine, however it just gives this warning that some of it's properties are missing, Do you wish to proceed? Not word for word as that but it is the idea. Just not sure what it's doing. Just never had this happen to me before.

#4 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,386 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:37 AM

View Postramsfan, on 01 November 2011 - 06:21 AM, said:

Yes they do copy fine, however it just gives this warning that some of it's properties are missing, Do you wish to proceed? Not word for word as that but it is the idea. Just not sure what it's doing. Just never had this happen to me before.

In msconfig, under Startup, turn off the Roxio hard drive watcher.  I think that it is called RoxWatchTray13.  Uncheck the box, click Apply, then ok, then reboot your computer and put a check in the nag box that comes up at bootup.  You should then eliminate the problem when copying files.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#5 ramsfan

ramsfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:19 AM

View Postgrandpabruce, on 01 November 2011 - 06:37 AM, said:

In msconfig, under Startup, turn off the Roxio hard drive watcher.  I think that it is called RoxWatchTray13.  Uncheck the box, click Apply, then ok, then reboot your computer and put a check in the nag box that comes up at bootup.  You should then eliminate the problem when copying files.

Okay, I will try this tonight when I get home. I noticed the older versions don't have that in the startup tab. I never thought of looking at that! Thanks man! I appreciate it a lot!

#6 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,214 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:21 PM

That's the metadata that SKNIS spoke about in post #2. Roxio suites have been using that for many versions now.

It's not a problem, but the issue has only arisen now because you are copying the files to a hard drive which is formatted in FAT32. [Check the portable drive to confirm it's in FAT32, if you wish.]

The metadata attached by Roxio programs can only exist on an NTFS drive, so they are removed by copying the file to a FAT32 drive. It's no big thing because the metadata aren't important.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

#7 ramsfan

ramsfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:40 AM

View PostBrendon, on 01 November 2011 - 03:21 PM, said:

That's the metadata that SKNIS spoke about in post #2. Roxio suites have been using that for many versions now.

It's not a problem, but the issue has only arisen now because you are copying the files to a hard drive which is formatted in FAT32. [Check the portable drive to confirm it's in FAT32, if you wish.]

The metadata attached by Roxio programs can only exist on an NTFS drive, so they are removed by copying the file to a FAT32 drive. It's no big thing because the metadata aren't important.

Okay! Thanks for that information! I was extremely worried about it for some reason. The external HD is fat32 of course. It all makes sense now. Thanks guys for your input!

#8 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,214 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:11 PM

You're welcome.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

#9 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,386 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

View Postramsfan, on 01 November 2011 - 09:19 AM, said:

Okay, I will try this tonight when I get home. I noticed the older versions don't have that in the startup tab. I never thought of looking at that! Thanks man! I appreciate it a lot!

Sorry to get back to you so late.  I have been gone for a couple of days and just got back.

You are welcome.  Have you tried it, and did it work for you?

Edited by grandpabruce, 04 November 2011 - 05:15 AM.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users