• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jaybones

Jaybones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

Anyone experiencing awful playback with Roxio Video Player 1.0.3 of HD tivo transfered shows on OSX 10.5.8? Playback stutters and crashes frequently. Very disappointing.

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,437 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:41 PM

What Mac do you have? I don't have Toast 11 installed on a Mac running 10.5.8 so I can't evaluate its performance. It works fine with my 3.33 Ghz Intel iMac running OS 10.6.8. Are you trying to watch at actual size or at full screen? What happens if you reduce the picture size?
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 Mathmn

Mathmn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:44 AM

My Roxio player does a good job for part of the video. At some point, usually about halfway, the application crashes. Anyone know what might be causing this?

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,437 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:20 AM

View PostMathmn, on 22 January 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

My Roxio player does a good job for part of the video. At some point, usually about halfway, the application crashes. Anyone know what might be causing this?
It could be a problem with the video such as dropped frames. Try playing it with VLC Media Player.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#5 PaulNL

PaulNL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

View Posttsantee, on 23 January 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

It could be a problem with the video such as dropped frames. Try playing it with VLC Media Player.

I am having the same problem as some posters here. I use TivoTransfer to transfer vids to my MB Pro. The playback on Roxio Video Player skips (kind of like a slight stutter), occasionally freezes and when it freezes, Roxio VP crashes. The main problem is the skipping, choppiness as the freeze/crash scenario is infrequent.

I bought Toast Titanium 11 for the sole purpose of transfering from my TivoPremiere XL so vids could be viewed on the go. Frustrating!

I have a MB Pro OS X v10.6.8   2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 with 4GB memory, 1333 MHz DDR3..

I'd appreciate any remedies. Thanks!

#6 PaulNL

PaulNL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

View PostPaulNL, on 19 February 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

I am having the same problem as some posters here. I use TivoTransfer to transfer vids to my MB Pro. The playback on Roxio Video Player skips (kind of like a slight stutter), occasionally freezes and when it freezes, Roxio VP crashes. The main problem is the skipping, choppiness as the freeze/crash scenario is infrequent.

I bought Toast Titanium 11 for the sole purpose of transfering from my TivoPremiere XL so vids could be viewed on the go. Frustrating!

I have a MB Pro OS X v10.6.8   2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 with 4GB memory, 1333 MHz DDR3..

Also, I tried VLC. It produced an unviewable scrambled image.

#7 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,437 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

View PostPaulNL, on 19 February 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

Also, I tried VLC. It produced an unviewable scrambled image.
I have an older MacBook Pro than yours and did a test using a 1920x1080 TiVo transfer (from my Premiere XL). There was some problems at where some cuts were made from one camera to another of a live concert. There also were occasional  glitches but nothing very disturbing. I tried different views but that didn't seem to matter. The Normal view is too big for my Mac's display so the fill screen was the best. I also liked that half-size view. I presume you're using version 1.0.3. The version can be seen by control-clicking on a TiVo video in the Finder and choosing Open with... from the contextual menu that appears.

Since you are running 10.6.x you can use TiVo Decoder to remove the video from the TiVo package which will make it viewable with VLC.

#8 Halberstadt

Halberstadt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

View PostPaulNL, on 19 February 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

I am also having the same problems. MacBook Pro, Mac OS 10.8.2, Roxio Video Player 1.0.3 from Toast Titanium 11.1  Downloads from my TiVo Premiere, with a .tivo extension, seem to play OK with Roxio Player at first, but most attempts to use fast forward for more than about 60 seconds of recorded time, or any attempt to use scrubbing cause a hang, requiring a force quit. Cannot skip commercials, for instance. Window size has no effect.

#9 droopydog500

droopydog500

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

It is sad that people have been complaining about this problem for a year and apparently nothing has been done to fix it. I have the same problem. I only wish I would have read this topic before I wasted my money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users