• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sloguy

sloguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:29 PM

Long time Roxio Customer (Version 5).  2011 Music Disc Creator application hangs on my HP laptop. I use only this part of the suite as I like to copy my CDs to mp3 to add to my Ipod. I have gotten it to work only once but had to close all other applications. This does not work for me as I need to view the directory or have Explorer open to verify song release years which need to be updated in tag window.  The only error I get is the "Program is not responding" either during the reading of the tracks or inputting the tags themselves.  Bought Roxio in May but had not used it till now.

My system is as follows.

HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook
Intel i7-2630QM 2.0ghz
8gb ram
64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (Last Updated 10/14/2011)
ATI Mobility HD 6570
268gb free disk space

Application Roxio Music Disc Creator Build 131B66A ENU from Roxio Creator 2011 with SP1

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,225 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:43 PM

View Postsloguy, on 04 November 2011 - 02:29 PM, said:

Long time Roxio Customer (Version 5).  2011 Music Disc Creator application hangs on my HP laptop. I use only this part of the suite as I like to copy my CDs to mp3 to add to my Ipod. I have gotten it to work only once but had to close all other applications. This does not work for me as I need to view the directory or have Explorer open to verify song release years which need to be updated in tag window.  The only error I get is the "Program is not responding" either during the reading of the tracks or inputting the tags themselves.  Bought Roxio in May but had not used it till now.

My system is as follows.

HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook
Intel i7-2630QM 2.0ghz
8gb ram
64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (Last Updated 10/14/2011)
ATI Mobility HD 6570
268gb free disk space

Application Roxio Music Disc Creator Build 131B66A ENU from Roxio Creator 2011 with SP1

Your using Music Disc Creator application to rip CD's to mp3's?

Attached File  11-4-2011 5-39-22 PM.jpg   219.66K   0 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 sloguy

sloguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

Thanks cdanteek,

But all that does is provide a link to the same application. I run the same program directly from an older laptop with Roxio 2009 with no issues. It seems that there is a conflict with Explorer (disk) and the application both seem to fight for control and freeze.  I can only assume that Roxio is locking the directory when it is trying to write and then both programs deadlock. I use this laptop now and retiring the old one.  I do not want to keep it around just to rip CDs then transfer them to this computer. Any other ideas???

#4 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:40 AM

Why use Music Disc Creator to Rip cd's at all.Why not just use the ripping applications?

In the left column of cd's shot you can see both ripping apps.
Personally I like using the Rip-Advanced app.

It works well and lets you do the things you're trying to do.

If that also freezes then I'd say to first try a Repair of the installation using Control Panel.If that doesn't work then a clean install is probably the way to go.

Edited by tbrewst, 05 November 2011 - 05:41 AM.

RIP Johnny Winter

Terry

64 bitWindows 8.1 OS
AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5Ghz processor with Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ motherboard
Galaxy  GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card with 1Gb memory
8Gb G Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3 1600 RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD drive
1Tb Hitachi SATA hard drive
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray drive
Lite-On iHAS224-06 SATA DVD drive
Rosewill Destroyer case
Cambridge Soundworks THX 5.1 speaker system
Onboard Realtek HD audio
I-inc iH-252HPB 25" widescreen monitor connected via HDMI
Samsung 2525W Laser Printer

#5 sloguy

sloguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

Thanks,

Will try that.  Just used to the old school way as I can control the input and output of the audio tags so its consistent with what I've recorded over the past 10 years.  I have over 1,000 CDs that I own and recorded, so consistency is paramount.  Been collecting them since the mid 80's.

#6 sloguy

sloguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:13 PM

The repair seemed to work.  Thanks so much.  As for Rip and Rip Advanced, they are for quick rips and does not give you all of the functionality of Music Disc Creator.  Rip allows you to quickly rip CDs but does not allow you to edit the tags or filenames.  Rip Advance is for multiple drives but you must Rip an entire CD first, then edit the audio tags.  Sometimes I do not want all of the songs and Music Disc Creator allows me to indivdually select songs first and edit the tags prior to ripping thus saving some time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users