• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Mariusz_M

Mariusz_M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:37 AM

I have got m2ts files in NTSC standard to burn on Blu Ray. I would like to keep 29.97 fps and burn my Blu-Ray disk in NTSC. But no mater what I do the outcome is always the same. Blu Ray disk is always created in PAL (25fps).

Why is it happening?

How can I change it?

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

View PostMariusz_M, on 06 November 2011 - 10:37 AM, said:

I have got m2ts files in NTSC standard to burn on Blu Ray. I would like to keep 29.97 fps and burn my Blu-Ray disk in NTSC. But no mater what I do the outcome is always the same. Blu Ray disk is always created in PAL (25fps).

Why is it happening?

How can I change it?

Please explain what you are doing and what application you are using.  Are you trying to save the files to a blu-ray disc or burn a blu-ray disc playable on a blu-ray player (with menus)? It is my understanding that there is no such thing as blu-ray PAL.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 Mariusz_M

Mariusz_M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

I use myDVD to burn Blu Ray with menu. I live in England so for some reason myDVD creates PAL BLU RAYS. It means that every m2ts file on actuall BLU RAY is saved with 25 fps. So basically myDVD will always recompress source files to 25fps.

But I have just found a solution. All I have to do is to edit a myDVD project file with NOTEPAD and manually change the value TVStandard="2 (PAL)" to TVStandard="1 (NTSC)". Then myDVD does not recompress files any more. All source files which were in NTSC originally are saved on BLU RAY disk. I do not waste my time and do not end up with lower quality picture.

Does anyone know a better solution?

#4 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

Blu Ray is a high definition output and the 25 fps 625 line standard doesn't apply here any more than the 30 fps 525 lines of the US TV standard

NTSC and PAL by the way ONLY refer to the chroma sub-carrier (the colour signal) and not to the actual video

Blu-Ray requires a digital (HDMI) output
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#5 Mariusz_M

Mariusz_M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:45 AM

Blu Ray has many substandards. You can for example have 24 fps, 25fps or 30fps (29.97 fps). So the fist one is cinematic standard for source files scanned by frame from the cinema film tape. The second one is for PAL source files. The third one is for source NTSC files. So for example if there is an old film released on BLU which was originally scanned from the cimena film tape it will probably be saved in 24 fps. If it was released before on DVD and all what is avaliable are the high resolution PAL or NTSC files it will be released in 25 fps or 30 fps.

NTSC and PAL standards were invented for broadcasting analog TV. But then they were used to record analog tv programmes and later on to digitally record the programmes. PAL is not only about number of lines. It is basically what people now call 50i. Picture is saved as 50 half frames. NTSC is 60i - 60 interlaced frames. Interlaced signal and half frames were invented to reduce radio band used for one TV channel back in analog tv times.

Over the years PAL and NTSC have evolved and they still exist even on BLU RAYS. Of course every BLU RAY player will play both standards. So why would you worry about them?

The problem starts when you record something on a digital device. Some of them allow you to choose between 25 fps and 30 fps. But many of them record in 30 fps (29.97) or 60 fps. Then to keep quality and avoid recompression the best way is to just record your BLU RAY in the same format as source files. And this is whay I have been trying to do.

So please... if you do not know the answer to my question just do not post anything in this topic. I do not need a lecture that there is no NTSC BLU or 30 fps BLU. There is and I can record them now. But I am just looking for an easier way which does not involve editing the project file in the text mode.

Edited by Mariusz_M, 07 November 2011 - 02:30 AM.

#6 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:01 AM

Perhaps you should go and check some basic facts

1: PAL and NTSC are NOTHING to do with frame count or line count - they are specifically CHROMA systems. The fact that people incorrectly think they are TV standards is irrelevant. The 25 and 30 frame rate systems existed long before either PAL or NTSC was developed

2: Blu-Ray authoring is a digital mode and doesn't need the phased alternate lines (of the PAL system) or the vector correction of the NTSC system

3: all optical media is digital output and not broadcast standard. Their output is an A/V signal fed to the receiver and not a UHF signal upconverted and fed via a length of co-ax so the chroma sub-system doesn't enter the equation

4: European analogue standard is actually 576i and US is 480i
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#7 Mariusz_M

Mariusz_M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:29 AM

I can see that discussion with you makes no sense.

Anyone else wants to share ideas HOW TO SOLVE the problem I described?

#8 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,740 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:42 AM

I have got m2ts files in NTSC standard to burn on Blu Ray. I would like to keep 29.97 fps

What are you using to see the frame rate from your m2ts files?

What is the source of your m2ts files?

I made a short BD in MyDVD and PowerDVD reports this.

I checked a commercial BD DVD in PowerDVD and it shows a frame rate of 23.00.

I'm in the US.

Attached File  11-7-2011 8-22-02 AM.jpg   115.1K   0 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#9 Mariusz_M

Mariusz_M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

Most of my m2ts are created with Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 10.0. Some of the files are created with an old version of Adobe Premiere Elements (4.0) which was preinstalled on my SONY laptop. What is good about the program is that you can check details for any video file. So I just go into STREAMS folder on the BD disk and check m2ts files there.

In both cases I render my files as AVCHD in 1920x1080 with 29.97 fps (60i mode) as the source files from the camcorder are MOV 29.97 fps (H.264) and I want to avoid loosing quality.

#10 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,740 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

View PostMariusz_M, on 08 November 2011 - 01:11 PM, said:

Most of my m2ts are created with Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 10.0. Some of the files are created with an old version of Adobe Premiere Elements (4.0) which was preinstalled on my SONY laptop. What is good about the program is that you can check details for any video file. So I just go into STREAMS folder on the BD disk and check m2ts files there.

In both cases I render my files as AVCHD in 1920x1080 with 29.97 fps (60i mode) as the source files from the camcorder are MOV 29.97 fps (H.264) and I want to avoid loosing quality.

Try MyDVD, Blu-ray, project settings, same as original to a image file or disc..

Videowave can do what Sony and Adobe does under a 16.9 project, output, export as, Blu-ray Authoring, Blu-ray SP NTSC, seems to be what your looking for.. Or play with the settings under Purpose and Video File Quality.

Attached File  11-8-2011 6-18-56 PM.jpg   97.34K   0 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#11 Mariusz_M

Mariusz_M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

I have already tried. No mater if I create or convert file in video wave to the 29.97 fps. When I record it on BLU it is 25 fps after recompression. I can manually change between TV mode by editting file. But for some reason there is no option in the program to do it. By default TVStandard="2 (PAL)" in every new project I create. So I can add any file but at the end it will be recompressed unless I edit the project file in text mode.

#12 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,740 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:35 AM

View PostMariusz_M, on 09 November 2011 - 11:40 PM, said:

I have already tried. No mater if I create or convert file in video wave to the 29.97 fps. When I record it on BLU it is 25 fps after recompression. I can manually change between TV mode by editting file. But for some reason there is no option in the program to do it. By default TVStandard="2 (PAL)" in every new project I create. So I can add any file but at the end it will be recompressed unless I edit the project file in text mode.

I can use or convert in Videowave output, export as, Blu-ray Authoring, Blu-ray SP NTSC and recreate the file you say you want.

Then load it in MyDVD, Blu-ray, project settings, same as original and get a 1920 x 1080, 29.97fps, 25Mbps Interlaced file or disc from MyDVD.

It works on my two systems with C2010, C2011, C2012!
cd
Spoiler

#13 Mariusz_M

Mariusz_M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

So try now to create 25 fps files and record them same as original. Will they be automatically transcoded to 29.97 or stay as 25 fps? I am starting to think that the default value of TVStandard="2 (PAL)" was set up during the installation process as I installed Roxio in England.

#14 ggrussell

ggrussell

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,941 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

Yes, MyDVD output is set to the Windows country origin when installed.  With an international community, would be a nice feature to be able to change that at will in MyDVD.  Could try changing your country in Windows and reinstalling.
Intel i7 4770k, 16GB 2400, LG 47" 3D TV, Two Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD, Hitachi 1TB HD, WD 3TB external USB3, LiteOn iHBS112 Bluray, LG WH14NS40 Bluray, ATI HD7870, Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z5500 THX certified 5.1 speakers, Epson 4490 scanner, Canon 9000Pro MarkII printer, Canon MF8380CDW, Sony TRV740 8mm digital, Canon HV20 HDV camcorder and Sony SLTA65VK for still photos, Win8 Pro 64bit
---------
System 2: HP DV7-3079wm, AMD Turion M60 2.4Ghz, $GB RAM, Patriot Pyro 128GB SSD, WD 320GB, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, Win8 Pro 64bit.

Gary Russell
TNUSA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users