• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

JohnHall

Various Avis Will Not Load Into Videowave

Question

Hi,

This problem is really getting me down as I have spent many hours researching the Internet and still no fix. Basically I cannot add various AVI types into a Videowave production. I have existing projects that once did import them but they now show with a red cross, and I cannot load new AVIs into new or existing projects.

The main types I have found I have the problem with, are:

MJPG Motion JPEG

dvsd DVC/DV Video

I have used GSpot and it says that the Codecs for both these type are "Codec(s) are Installed" and display as 'green'.

I have tried to load various codec packs that include these types but still to no avail.

I have de-installed Roxio Creator 2011 (Pro), and used Revo Uninstaller to do this, re-installed Roxio and nothing. Roxio is an official version, which is registered, so nothing dubious about the install. And as I said it has worked, but I don't know what has changed to cause this!

Any help appreciated,

thanks

John

6 answers to this question

Hi,

This problem is really getting me down as I have spent many hours researching the Internet and still no fix. Basically I cannot add various AVI types into a Videowave production. I have existing projects that once did import them but they now show with a red cross, and I cannot load new AVIs into new or existing projects.

The main types I have found I have the problem with, are:

MJPG Motion JPEG

dvsd DVC/DV Video

I have used GSpot and it says that the Codecs for both these type are "Codec(s) are Installed" and display as 'green'.

I have tried to load various codec packs that include these types but still to no avail.

I have de-installed Roxio Creator 2011 (Pro), and used Revo Uninstaller to do this, re-installed Roxio and nothing. Roxio is an official version, which is registered, so nothing dubious about the install. And as I said it has worked, but I don't know what has changed to cause this!

Any help appreciated,

thanks

John

Post a small file sample of each at upfordown a free file hosting site. http://www.upfordown.com/

Then post a link to them here.

Post a small file sample of each at upfordown a free file hosting site. http://www.upfordown.com/

Then post a link to them here.

http://www.upfordown.com/pupload/view/62556

My other files are rather large as they are copies of my home videos, so would need to create a much smaller version, but of course I can't because of the problem ;-)

thanks for the interest,

John

mjpeg is not a suppoorted file type (never has) but several people have reported that they were able to use them. I was never able to use them. I'm going to search for one to try.

I found one and used VideoCopy and Convert to convert the mjpeg to mpg2. That file works in VideoWave. Woops, I never tried the file before converting it. :unsure:

cd, do you have a jmpeg that you can try?

I was able to play the uploaded file with VLC but not with Vdieo Wave nor with Video Copy and Convert. I used a free video converter program to convert the file to mpg2 and that worked in Video Wave.

Edited by sknis

http://www.upfordown.com/pupload/view/62556

My other files are rather large as they are copies of my home videos, so would need to create a much smaller version, but of course I can't because of the problem ;-)

thanks for the interest,

John

I have no problem with this file loading in C2011 Pro VideoWave..

post-97-017164300 1320710055.jpg

Edited by cdanteek

I had no problem loading it, either.

and I had no problems loading this prior to this problem, but now I do.

As I mentioned I have researched the problem and performed a lot of actions to try and fix the issue, but nothing works.

thanks

John