Granmama

Opening Project

Question

I created a DVD and burned copies several months ago. I have tried and tried to open this project and even though it says it is MyDVD the message comes up, "Unable to open == not a DVD project" or something to that effect. I have tried and tried. I feel like I've lost my work. Any help would be appreciated.

5 answers to this question

I created a DVD and burned copies several months ago. I have tried and tried to open this project and even though it says it is MyDVD the message comes up, "Unable to open == not a DVD project" or something to that effect. I have tried and tried. I feel like I've lost my work. Any help would be appreciated.

What is the file extension of the file you are trying to open? It should have a .dmsd file extension. If not, it isn't a MyDVD project.

If you made the project in VideoWave, it will have a .dmsm file extension. They open in MyDVD also, to be burned to a DVD.

What Roxio version are you running?

The files I'm trying to open were made on Sonice Roxio...the same program I'm trying to open them with. I burned discs but now that I want to try to open these and use the video in another DVD, I can't.

This is Sonic DigitalMedia Plus V7. An extension doesn't appear but when I look at the properties one says PPP file Roxio MyDVD, and the other says DVD file ROxio MyDVD. I continue to have this problem. Once I burn a DVD it isn't available any more.

The files I'm trying to open were made on Sonice Roxio...the same program I'm trying to open them with. I burned discs but now that I want to try to open these and use the video in another DVD, I can't.

This is Sonic DigitalMedia Plus V7. An extension doesn't appear but when I look at the properties one says PPP file Roxio MyDVD, and the other says DVD file ROxio MyDVD. I continue to have this problem. Once I burn a DVD it isn't available any more.

You have to turn on the extensions to be able to see them.

In Windows explorer, click Tools/Folder Options and then select View. In the drop-down window scroll down until you see "hide extensions for known file types". Make sure the checkbox is unchecked.

Now tell us what the extension is on the project file.

The project file only can be used with your original source files. You cannot use it with the video file that you burned to a DVD.

Sonic Digital Media Plus V7 is a very old program and most of us here are unfamiliar with that program. The properties you mention really do not mean very much

Thanks for the info. I did what you said and the extension is

.PPP and the other is .dvd. I am trying to open them with the program I created them with. I know it's an old one but it's what I've been, and am, using. If I don't get these open I don't have any other copy of them. I don't understand why Roxio doesn't recognize them as DVDs, that's what they are. The icon is even a little round disk. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the info. I did what you said and the extension is

.PPP and the other is .dvd. I am trying to open them with the program I created them with. I know it's an old one but it's what I've been, and am, using. If I don't get these open I don't have any other copy of them. I don't understand why Roxio doesn't recognize them as DVDs, that's what they are. The icon is even a little round disk. Any other suggestions?

They certainly aren't going to open in any version of MyDVD. If you do a Google on the .PPP file extension, you won't find any link that refers to any Sonic/Roxio program.