theduster

Sonic Digital Media Plus

Question

A few years ago I purchased a dvd burner that burns double sided dvd's With the burner came a disc from Sonic called Sonic digital Media Plus. The program works great on my Dell computer but I bought a newer Lenovo with a faster processor. When I try to load this Sonic program it installs OK except for the module for MYDVD. It won't install. can anyone help me with this? I know it is an older program but it suites my need just fine. I also took this program to a friends house and loaded it on his computer and it installed all the modules including MYDVD. It is an HP. But it will not load on my Levono. ?????

6 answers to this question

A few years ago I purchased a dvd burner that burns double sided dvd's With the burner came a disc from Sonic called Sonic digital Media Plus. The program works great on my Dell computer but I bought a newer Lenovo with a faster processor. When I try to load this Sonic program it installs OK except for the module for MYDVD. It won't install. can anyone help me with this? I know it is an older program but it suites my need just fine. I also took this program to a friends house and loaded it on his computer and it installed all the modules including MYDVD. It is an HP. But it will not load on my Levono. ?????

It could be that your new Lenovo is using Win 7 (not compatible with Sonic digital Media Plus).

It could be that your new Lenovo is using Win 7 (not compatible with Sonic digital Media Plus).

Thanks for that fast reply

My dell and the HP I loaded this on has windows XP home edition. My Lenovo has windows xp Professional. Could that be the problem?

The other thing to consider is that if the software came with your burner it will be an OEM [Original Equipment Manufacturer] version.

These versions often have restrictions imposed by the supplier on where the software will run or what drive it will recognize, so the burner supplier isn't paying his good money to supply software that the competition's customers can use for free.

There may be something about your LeNovo - computer, burner, or Operating System - that the OEM software "doesn't like".

That is probably a good guess. When I looked for that software I found out that it was an HP OEM program. It may indeed have those restrictions. You might want to look at support for HP (or a forum) where you might get more answers.

How do I get the software to download. Install disk might be buries someplace. But I have the "stubs" installed and when I try and run them they ask for the disk (haven't tried to copy a dvd in a LONG time). It's an XP Pro Version 2002 SP 3.

Thanks in advance,

Larry

2014JA30 20:15 Sydney Australia

Sorry Cobber, there's nowhere on the Roxio/Sonic site you can get Sonic Digital Media Plus to download. It's way too old. You could try a Google search on the Internet for it.