• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Patchthedog

Patchthedog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:00 AM

I have Roxio video lab hd,can't use the copy web video tool so I dowloaded the update,once run the patch says it can't find Roxio Video Lab hd please reinstall it,done this twice and it still can't find it.

#14 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

Best Answer

View PostPatchthedog, on 15 November 2011 - 03:00 PM, said:

Ok you guys,thanks for the help,the problem I get is I am trying to use Roxio Video Lab hd to download a video from youtube(any video) but I get as far as a message"Launch your broser to start viewing and downloading web video"then nothing happens,I can watch the video on youtube but nothing changes on the Roxio screen,what can I do?

What browser are you using when you are on YouTube?

I have Creator 2012 and when I try to use its equivalent type program as you to download a video from YouTube I have to use Internet Explorer as my browser. It wont work with Firefox. That is set up that way in my Internet Options.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,573 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:29 AM

Any else tried that update and had this problem???

What specific update are you trying to use?

Can you do a screen cap or 2 of the update as well as the error message? Posting instructions are HERE ;)
Posted Image

#3 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,182 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:30 AM

View PostPatchthedog, on 13 November 2011 - 03:00 AM, said:

I have Roxio video lab hd,can't use the copy web video tool so I dowloaded the update,once run the patch says it can't find Roxio Video Lab hd please reinstall it,done this twice and it still can't find it.

Are you sure you have Roxio Video Lab HD?

Post your version #?

You posted in the Creator 2010 forum and now someone has moved it here.

There is no video update on the Roxio update page for Roxio Video Lab HD!

There is a Video update patch for Creator 2010 in the link below under C2010.

http://www.roxio.com...re_updates.html

Is that the update your trying to apply to Roxio Video Lab HD?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,573 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:08 AM

View PostPatchthedog, on 13 November 2011 - 03:00 AM, said:

What? You think he just went out of his way to make that up??? :lol:  :D  :lol:
Posted Image

#5 Patchthedog

Patchthedog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:36 AM

Yes,It's roxio video lab,I am suppossed to be able to download videos from Youtube however the dialogue box comes up asking me to start the browser then when I do nothing happens,I found a post on the support forums with same problem and thought the patch might help.

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,182 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

View PostPatchthedog, on 13 November 2011 - 09:36 AM, said:

Yes,It's roxio video lab,I am suppossed to be able to download videos from Youtube however the dialogue box comes up asking me to start the browser then when I do nothing happens,I found a post on the support forums with same problem and thought the patch might help.

Could you post a link to the patch you downloaded?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#7 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,221 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:08 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 13 November 2011 - 06:08 AM, said:

What? You think he just went out of his way to make that up???

You were the only one to suggest that.

The OP posted in a different forum and cited a patch that isn't on the updates page for this software, so it was logical for cdanteek to ask him to check his software name. It's better to check with an OP than to make assumptions and go off at a tangent, as we see happening so often.

Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

As a very wise man told me, "You do it until . . . . ."

#8 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,370 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

View PostBrendon, on 13 November 2011 - 02:08 PM, said:

You were the only one to suggest that.

The OP posted in a different forum and cited a patch that isn't on the updates page for this software, so it was logical for cdanteek to ask him to check his software name. It's better to check with an OP than to make assumptions and go off at a tangent, as we see happening so often.

Brendon

Lots of folks going off one a tangent in the forums.  The OP evidently could not find the Roxio Video Lab HD forum and posted in the Creator 2011 forums (not the Creator 2010 forums).  He did mention the specific software that he did have.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,573 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:05 AM

View PostPatchthedog, on 13 November 2011 - 09:36 AM, said:

Lets' stick to your problem and ignore the excess semantics and excuses :P

Give us a Link to one of the files you cannot capture... Sometimes they are not available to anyone ;)

There were some problems with capture, early in the Creator Suite and a patch was issued. That 'patch' may be hard coded into looking for that perticular Suite and not Video Lab - (only guessing ;) )

If that is the case, we will need to get Roxio into this.

So for now, check your downloads:

Attached File  Image1.jpg   136.93K   0 downloads

and see if you can locate the Patch you tried. And give us a link to a file or 2 that you cannot Capture so we can try it ;)
Posted Image

#10 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,221 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:26 PM

Patchthedog,

Would you please post a link to the patch you downloaded? Or the "post on the support forums with same problem"

Thanks.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

As a very wise man told me, "You do it until . . . . ."

#11 Patchthedog

Patchthedog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:34 AM

This is the post and the link

"Well I finally found a solution to the problem I was having with not being able to save You Tube (web) video.

The solution is that there is a Web Video Patch that you need to install from the Roxio website. The patch can be found here:

http://www.roxio.com...re_updates.html

Make sure you install the Service Pack 2 before installing the Web Video patch. The Web video patch is below the service pack. You will need to scroll down about 3/4 down the page. EVEN THOUGH THIS PATCH SPECIFICALLY STATES THAT IT IS FOR CREATOR 2010, IT ALSO WORKS ON "EASY DVD COPY AND CONVERT PREMIER".

This is the same problem I have,can't download youtube video so I tried the patch.

#12 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,573 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:52 AM

View PostPatchthedog, on 15 November 2011 - 12:34 AM, said:

Make sure you install the Service Pack 2 before installing the Web Video patch. The Web video patch is below the service pack. You will need to scroll down about 3/4 down the page. EVEN THOUGH THIS PATCH SPECIFICALLY STATES THAT IT IS FOR CREATOR 2010, IT ALSO WORKS ON "EASY DVD COPY AND CONVERT PREMIER".

This is the same problem I have,can't download youtube video so I tried the patch.
But you don't have ANY of those Programs or thier variations :o  that is why it doesn't work ;)

This was fixed in Crator 2011, which is what Video Lab HD is based on, so the patch does not apply.

Give us a link to one of the Movies you cannot get to download... If you prefer not to post it in the open forum, click on the 'envelope' by our name and send us an Private Message with the link.
Posted Image

#13 Patchthedog

Patchthedog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

Ok you guys,thanks for the help,the problem I get is I am trying to use Roxio Video Lab hd to download a video from youtube(any video) but I get as far as a message"Launch your broser to start viewing and downloading web video"then nothing happens,I can watch the video on youtube but nothing changes on the Roxio screen,what can I do?

#15 Patchthedog

Patchthedog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:38 AM

Yes!! thank you so much,it works with IE NOT firefox,thanks again to everyone.

#16 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,573 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:51 AM

Attached File  tony the tiger.jpg   10.16K   0 downloadsGreat!!!!

we'll go ahead and close this Topic. If you have other questions start a new one ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users