• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Keg Man

Keg Man

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:40 AM

Does anybody know what WAV file specs can be used in Roxio?

I'm trying to record with and download as sound for a video and to make a CD.

I set my WAV at the following and Roxio Creator 2011 will not accept it either as background sound or to burn a CD:

Format: WAV 24 bit
Sample:  96k

Any and all help will be appreciated
Our ancestors scratched and clawed their way to the top of the food chain, Keg Gym will keep you there.

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,575 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:48 AM

Best Answer

View PostKeg Man, on 13 November 2011 - 06:40 AM, said:

Does anybody know what WAV file specs can be used in Roxio?

I'm trying to record with and download as sound for a video and to make a CD.

I set my WAV at the following and Roxio Creator 2011 will not accept it either as background sound or to burn a CD:

Format: WAV 24 bit

Any and all help will be appreciated

I would use.

Attached File  11-13-2011 8-46-48 AM.jpg   103.44K   8 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 Keg Man

Keg Man

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:07 AM

I have Roxio Creator 2011 (Version 1.3.166) ("ROXIO")

It will probably help if you know what I am trying to do.

1.  I make Yancovikian parodies to songs related to the Packers each week.  I used to just beller and play my ukulele in front of the camera on my laptop and download into Windows Movie Maker.  I was hoping to upgrade my productions.

2.  I'm making a "White Elephant" Christmas CD with profits to go to USMC Toys for Tots.

I have a TASCAM DR-05 recorder and I am using that to record wav files for both of the above.  The wav file recording settings are:

Format:  24 bit
     Type:    Stereo

ROXIO will not allow me to add the recordings as background audio to video (Project 1) or burn them to a CD (Project 2).

ROXIO says it supports wav files.

(Project 1)  When trying to add to video, I have tried both of the following and ROXIO currently is giving me the following "error" messages:

1.  "Add on music track":  I get the following ROXIO message:  "Audio cannot be added at this position."

2.  "Add on sound effect track":  I get the following ROXIO message:  "Audio cannot be added at this position."

In the past, and I don't know why it is different ROXIO gave me the following "error" message:  "This is not a valid or supported music file.  The following audio file formats are supported: aac, ac3, flac, mp3, wav, wma, m4a, mpga, mp4, cda, m3u, wpl, asx."

(Project 2) When trying to add a file to be burned to a CD, I get the following message from ROXIO:  "This is not a valid or supported music file.  The following audio file formats are supported: aac, ac3, flac, mp3, wav, wma, m4a, mpga, mp4, cda, m3u, wpl, asx."  

I'm a novice.  I am trying to add a wav file.  What gives?

I have the ability to adjust the Format, Sample and Type of recording.  But I can't find anywhere what Roxio accepts.  Can anybody help me.

FYI:  The wav files play in Windows Media Player, Quicktime, and I could add them to Windows Movie Maker.
Our ancestors scratched and clawed their way to the top of the food chain, Keg Gym will keep you there.

#4 Keg Man

Keg Man

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:23 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 13 November 2011 - 06:48 AM, said:

Thank you very much for your quick response.  16 bit and 44.1k it is.  I'll let you know if that works.

FYI:  My settings played in the "preview" from media selector.

#5 Keg Man

Keg Man

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:40 AM

You are correct sir!!!!

Thank you very much!  The rest of the world may come to despise you for unleashing me, but I am forever grateful.

#6 MrDave007

MrDave007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:45 AM

WOW. I tried lots of things but I thought I'd recorded .wave files at 44100 & 24bit before but geez, it's only working when I dimm it down to 16bit.
However I've noticed my Burn feature in Windows 7 64-bit Pro It's still a button but it does not work.

MrDave007
J.I.L. Certified

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users