• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Graysarge

Graysarge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

Creator 2012 - Using Digitize LPs and Tapes. Using ION TTUSB10. Recording has a clicking sound and it's not from the LP. I have used other software to test and there is no clicking in the same song being recorded. Anyone know what is causing this? If so, how to eleminate the clicking? Thanks

#2 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,662 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:16 AM

Can you give us a better description of the clicking? Is it a regular sound, repeating constantly at a constant rate? Or can you post a link to a sample file so we can hear it?

Also, as a test, can you try capturing something using a different device (probably in through your sound card)?

Thanks!

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

Instructions for posting images in your post.
How to get your CD key "reset" after too many install attempts

#3 Arrow528

Arrow528

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:11 AM

I am having the same problem. I am using a Tech. Sl 1200 turntable w/ mm cartridge.(was the same clicking with a mc). A direct imput to a (grounded) Behringer u-phono to a usb input to my dell w/ widows 7. After recording a clip and then listining to the clip there is a consistant and constant clicking sound only heard in the playback. I've tried different albums and input sources with the same result. Frustrating! Any suggestions? Thanks

#4 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,662 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:37 AM

As in the previous post, can you post a clip of that somewhere and give us a link so we can hear it? Maybe we can make a better diagnosis.

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

#5 djvic

djvic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

Creator 2012 - Using Digitize LPs and Tapes. Using ION TTUSB10. Recording has a clicking sound and it's not from the LP. I have used other software to test and there is no clicking in the same song being recorded. Anyone know what is causing this? If so, how to eleminate the clicking? Thanks

You can't eliminate the click event if you use the Roxio Sound Editor. I've analyzed & done this.

I bought & have used Roxio 9 and Roxio 2010 and the results are the same. There is a click at the start & end of the song or clip. This I believe is a Roxio software bugg or problem. They have to correct it.

I have an very old version of Roxio 6, and it works fine & that is what I use under Windows XP.
Roxio 6 used to work in my other PC Vista with a minor incompatibility. Recently, it completely quit maybe due to some Windows Vista updates.

If you are using Windows XP, find someone with Roxio Creator 6. It will work great.
Not so, with any Roxio 9 or above using Windows Vista & above, that is my experience.

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,407 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:33 AM

You can't eliminate the click event if you use the Roxio Sound Editor. I've analyzed & done this.

I bought & have used Roxio 9 and Roxio 2010 and the results are the same. There is a click at the start & end of the song or clip. This I believe is a Roxio software bugg or problem. They have to correct it.

I have an very old version of Roxio 6, and it works fine & that is what I use under Windows XP.
Roxio 6 used to work in my other PC Vista with a minor incompatibility. Recently, it completely quit maybe due to some Windows Vista updates.

If you are using Windows XP, find someone with Roxio Creator 6. It will work great.
Not so, with any Roxio 9 or above using Windows Vista & above, that is my experience.

Some people seem to have this problem but the majority don't!!!

Answer the questions in Post #4 and we will help you fix your problem ;)
Posted Image

#7 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,662 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:33 AM

I don't think that's his problem. If you read closer, he's getting a constant clicking throughout the recording, not just the click at the beginning and/or end, which is a different issue, and as you pointed out, easily corrected. Unfortunately, without getting a sample recording to listen to, it's hard to come up with a good solution.

Dave D-W

XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

#8 Graysarge

Graysarge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:03 AM

Unfortunately I do not have the USB player right now. I will do as sound recording from it when I get it back and post as requested.

#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,407 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:36 AM

That would be great ~ we would like to help you get this resolved ;)
Posted Image

#10 TheOldMan

TheOldMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:04 AM

That is frustrating. I had a similar instance while trying to record. It is not the software in most cases. In my my case it proved to be caused by something plugged into the USB ports picking up stray EMF. My first try was to unplug all USB items and just try to record without anything being plugged in. If the sound is clean, then try plugging one item at a time until it comes back. Mine ended up being a USB web cam. I had two of these, one on each computer and tried swapping them. It made no difference, the suspect web cam did not cause the sound on the other computer. The next step would be to move either the computer to a different location, easy if it is a laptop, or move everything else away from the computer. For testing, it would make sense to move the computer. Move a significant distance from the surrounding electronic items and try it again.
Just offering my observations on this situation, sorry if I stepped outside the realm of a forum etiquette.

#11 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,407 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:23 AM

That is frustrating. I had a similar instance while trying to record. It is not the software in most cases. In my my case it proved to be caused by something plugged into the USB ports picking up stray EMF. My first try was to unplug all USB items and just try to record without anything being plugged in. If the sound is clean, then try plugging one item at a time until it comes back. Mine ended up being a USB web cam. I had two of these, one on each computer and tried swapping them. It made no difference, the suspect web cam did not cause the sound on the other computer. The next step would be to move either the computer to a different location, easy if it is a laptop, or move everything else away from the computer. For testing, it would make sense to move the computer. Move a significant distance from the surrounding electronic items and try it again.
Just offering my observations on this situation, sorry if I stepped outside the realm of a forum etiquette.

Shame on you for pointing out what we often forget :lol:

Local wiring can present problems! Sometimes just running a seperate ground wire from the PC to the playback device, to a good ground eliminates noise :huh: Plastic plumbing did away with good grounding sources :lol:
Posted Image

#12 Don F

Don F

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

I'm having a similar problem. Roxio 2012 audio editor, Dell D430 or Dell D830 (same effect), Windows 7 32 bit, 4 gig memory, Intel core 2 dual, and Sigmatel Audio. Nothing else running except AntiVirus (Microsoft Security Essentials)

Every song I record from an external Roland VS-2480 includes a "click" less than 1 second before the music starts. I've never had the problem before, and the only change has been updating from Roxio 10 to Roxio 2012. I can't really edit or remove the click, as it appears to be generated. I've expanded the wave form display (up to 5 or 6 times), looked for a click wave (or any wave form) not directly associated with the music, and I can't really see it. But I can hear it. I've tried deleting things up to the start of the song, but the click seems to remain -- moving closer to the start of the song.

I've been using Roxio related software since the early days of CD burners -- going way back to the original EZ CD Creator, updated many times, and never experienced this particular problem.

So, I'd really like to hear from Roxio. Not another user on the forum. No offense to anyone is intended, but I think Roxio needs to do a little more work on this than just asking for samples.

Appreciate your help on this. If you can't resolve it soon, I'll need to find another product that doesn't generate the click.

#13 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,662 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

Then you'll have to contact Roxio directly as this is a user forum, and you will get almost exclusively user help. Once in a great while, someone from Roxio looks in, but you'll have more success if you initiate contact directly with Roxio through either the phone or Chat help options.

Your problem isn't the same as the continuous clicking that this thread is actually about. And, as was suggested previously, if you could post a small clip that demonstrates the problem you are having so that we could listen/edit/fiddle for ourselves, we might be able to help you out. Also, what application within the Roxio Creator 2012 suite are you using when you do your captures? There are several that can be used.

Edited by d_deweywright, 11 January 2012 - 01:02 PM.

Dave D-W

XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

#14 Graysarge

Graysarge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

I have changed how I connect the ION player to my computer, using the RCA jacks and a Roxio video capture USB unit. The clicking has disappeared. I will do some more testing but it worked on two differet computers. I will again see if the direct USB cable from the ION works and if not will attach an audio file. This is with Creator 2012.

#15 Don F

Don F

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

O.K. My Bad. I thought that Roxio monitored this forum.

In any case, I'm not using any amplification. Audio comes in from an external source. Standard audio patch cabling. Input volume is set to prevent red line/clipping, and that's all there is to it.

I'm going to master the audio and burn to CD and play it back on different devices. Maybe the problem is between Roxio and my audio drivers. But, I've never had the problem prior to Roxio 2012.

I have other options, I just prefer using the Roxio editor.

#16 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,662 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

Again, if you have a place that you can place a sample .WAV or .MP3 file that we can look at, that has the clicking sound you're describing, put a link here, and we'll be happy to have a look and see what we can find.

And again, you haven't yet told us which application in this rather large suite of programs you're using to do your recording. It's all in the details when doing this through a forum like this. All we can do is ask for more details to help clarify exactly what's happening to get down to (hopefully) providing you with a solution.

Dave D-W

XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

#17 Graysarge

Graysarge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:47 AM

In my case the clicking was using the LP Cassette recording program which also incldued the editor.

Again, if you have a place that you can place a sample .WAV or .MP3 file that we can look at, that has the clicking sound you're describing, put a link here, and we'll be happy to have a look and see what we can find.

And again, you haven't yet told us which application in this rather large suite of programs you're using to do your recording. It's all in the details when doing this through a forum like this. All we can do is ask for more details to help clarify exactly what's happening to get down to (hopefully) providing you with a solution.

#18 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,662 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:58 AM

Right... but also in your case, you had a continuous, repeated clicking, which was fixed by changes to how you connected your equipment. (Thanks for keeping us updated!) Don is apparently having an issue with a single click at the start of a clip or track, which he is unable to trim out because possibly the editor is actually creating it? We're still waiting for details on his problem.

Dave D-W

XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

#19 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,083 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

Don, Can you see the click in Sound Editor wave file if you expand it? Please post a screen shot.

Here is an example:

Attached Files

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#20 ket

ket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

Don, Can you see the click in Sound Editor wave file if you expand it? Please post a screen shot.

Here is an example:

I am having the same issue with the continuous clicking throughout the recording. I am attaching a sample .wav file to this message (I hope).
I am using the ION Profile Pro with a USB connection to my Dell Laptop (Windows 7). The clicking is not in the audio file generated by the s/w supplied with the turntable (EZVinyl Tape Recorder)

Edited by ket, 14 January 2012 - 08:58 AM.

• ket likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users