16 replies to this topic

#1 3Dexplorer

3Dexplorer

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

Try as hard as I may and as many ways as I can, I can not produce a 3D Photo with 3D Photo Creator.
Today I took numerous photos of an object from many angles in a series of 2 shots per angle at about 10 cm apart with a single lens Sony digital camera.

Going to 3D Photo Creator the next step was to go to "Choose the left and right eye image" and select 1 Left Eye Image and a 1 Right Eye image from my pictures folder. Both Images were take at the same angle and distance, but about 10 cm apart.

Next I adjusted the combined image in Grayscale and not in Grayscale. With my 3D glasses on I do not see the combined image in 3D no matter how I adjust them. I do see the classical red/green image.

The adjusted, cropped image is saved as "Side-by-Side L/R JPEG". I am using Nvida 3D graphics and Nvida 3d glasses.

After saving the image the 3D Photo Creator page reverts back to the Choose the left and right eye image starting point with my images in the Left and Right eye boxe's.

When I go to "My Pictures" folder and look at the saved 3d image I see the saved photo with the Left Image and a separate Right Image in the same photo. The photo is not overlapping red/green 3D.

I verified that my glasses and Nvida graphics are working by looking at my existing 3D images.

I tried many photos and many all the possible ways the adjusted image can be saved. Just can not get it done.

Attached Images

• 3D.jpg

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,880 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

View Post3Dexplorer, on 16 November 2011 - 02:30 PM, said:

Try as hard as I may and as many ways as I can, I can not produce a 3D Photo with 3D Photo Creator.
Today I took numerous photos of an object from many angles in a series of 2 shots per angle at about 10 cm apart with a single lens Sony digital camera.

Going to 3D Photo Creator the next step was to go to "Choose the left and right eye image" and select 1 Left Eye Image and a 1 Right Eye image from my pictures folder. Both Images were take at the same angle and distance, but about 10 cm apart.

Next I adjusted the combined image in Grayscale and not in Grayscale. With my 3D glasses on I do not see the combined image in 3D no matter how I adjust them. I do see the classical red/green image.

The adjusted, cropped image is saved as "Side-by-Side L/R JPEG". I am using Nvida 3D graphics and Nvida 3d glasses.

After saving the image the 3D Photo Creator page reverts back to the Choose the left and right eye image starting point with my images in the Left and Right eye boxe's.

When I go to "My Pictures" folder and look at the saved 3d image I see the saved photo with the Left Image and a separate Right Image in the same photo. The photo is not overlapping red/green 3D.

I verified that my glasses and Nvida graphics are working by looking at my existing 3D images.

I tried many photos and many all the possible ways the adjusted image can be saved. Just can not get it done.

What program suite are you using C2011 or C2012? Your post can then be moved to the correct forum.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,222 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:39 PM

Is this the program you have   http://www.roxio.com...erview.html   ?.

#4 3Dexplorer

3Dexplorer

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

View Postogdens, on 16 November 2011 - 03:39 PM, said:

Is this the program you have   http://www.roxio.com...erview.html   ?.
Oh boy am I really in trouble. lol
The name of the program is: Roxio 3D Photo Creator.
It is not part of any suite.
It is a STAND ALONE 2D to 3D converter program.
I do not have any other Roxio Photo/Video editing software.

#5 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,087 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

3Dexplorer,

Is this the program? If so, read on.

About.jpg

When you run Roxio 3D Photo Creator you'll be shown a box like this, suggesting you watch the tutorials. They are well worth while, and come either as a Flash video or a PDF file.

Tutorials.jpg

From your description it seems to me that you're going about things as you should, except you'll notice that after you have selected your left and right photographs the program displays the composite image in red and cyan anaglyph so that you can adjust it. I don't believe your Nvidia glasses will show you a 3D image from the anaglyph - you'll need colored glasses for that.

Once you have your left and right images positioned and adjusted properly, the tutorial says to save the result in the manner best suited to how you're going to view it. It looks as if option b is the one you want.

save as.jpg

While the tutorial says that Side-by-Side Image is what you want for Nvidia 3D, it doesn't say how you get your Nvidia TV to recognize and display it so you can see 3D with your Nvidia glasses.
I have the Roxio program but not the Nvidia 3D tv, so I can't help with that. I think the answer will be in your Nvidia manual.

Best wishes,
Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

#6 3Dexplorer

3Dexplorer

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:52 AM

View PostBrendon, on 16 November 2011 - 08:48 PM, said:

3Dexplorer,

Is this the program? If so, read on.

Attachment About.jpg

When you run Roxio 3D Photo Creator you'll be shown a box like this, suggesting you watch the tutorials. They are well worth while, and come either as a Flash video or a PDF file.

Attachment Tutorials.jpg

From your description it seems to me that you're going about things as you should, except you'll notice that after you have selected your left and right photographs the program displays the composite image in red and cyan anaglyph so that you can adjust it. I don't believe your Nvidia glasses will show you a 3D image from the anaglyph - you'll need colored glasses for that.

Once you have your left and right images positioned and adjusted properly, the tutorial says to save the result in the manner best suited to how you're going to view it. It looks as if option b is the one you want.

Attachment save as.jpg

While the tutorial says that Side-by-Side Image is what you want for Nvidia 3D, it doesn't say how you get your Nvidia TV to recognize and display it so you can see 3D with your Nvidia glasses.
I have the Roxio program but not the Nvidia 3D tv, so I can't help with that. I think the answer will be in your Nvidia manual.

Best wishes,
Brendon
Hello Brendon,
Thank you for your reply. Yes Roxio 3D Photo Creator is the software I have.
Believe me I have watched the video tutorial and read  the tutorial many, Many times with the same results each time.
The conversion operation and photo review is not being done on a "Nvidia 3D tv". My PC is set up with a 3D monitor, 3D graphics (video) card and Nvidia 3D software.
3D Photos and 3D games all work on the PC with no problems. I have not even begun to try to look at this photo on the TV yet.
There is nothing in the Nvidia 3D manual or information that I could find that gives me any clue as to how to fix this problem.
The Roxio tutorial instructions say to save the photo to the L/R side by side JPEG format as this format is compatable to Nvidia 3D. So once saved in the correct format the photo should be visable good or bad. If I can find a way to reach Roxio Tech. Support and explain this problem to them I will give this a try today. But as you know most of Manufactures depend on Forums to do their work for them.
Have a good day,

#7 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,222 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:53 AM

View Post3Dexplorer, on 17 November 2011 - 05:52 AM, said:

Hello Brendon,
Thank you for your reply. Yes Roxio 3D Photo Creator is the software I have.
Believe me I have watched the video tutorial and read  the tutorial many, Many times with the same results each time.
The conversion operation and photo review is not being done on a "Nvidia 3D tv". My PC is set up with a 3D monitor, 3D graphics (video) card and Nvidia 3D software.
3D Photos and 3D games all work on the PC with no problems. I have not even begun to try to look at this photo on the TV yet.
There is nothing in the Nvidia 3D manual or information that I could find that gives me any clue as to how to fix this problem.
The Roxio tutorial instructions say to save the photo to the L/R side by side JPEG format as this format is compatable to Nvidia 3D. So once saved in the correct format the photo should be visable good or bad. If I can find a way to reach Roxio Tech. Support and explain this problem to them I will give this a try today. But as you know most of Manufactures depend on Forums to do their work for them.
Have a good day,

Telephone Support:  during normal business hours* at 877-793-7471 (North America only).

*Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST.

#8 3Dexplorer

3Dexplorer

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:08 AM

View Postogdens, on 17 November 2011 - 06:53 AM, said:

Telephone Support:  during normal business hours* at 877-793-7471 (North America only).

*Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST.
Thank you for the Tech. Support telephone number. Will give it a try after lunch. PST.

I have to say this about Roxio. So far my internet contacts with Roxio has been outstanding in Customer Relations and Support! I really like their Live Chat and now a telephone number that will get me to a real live person.

#9 3Dexplorer

3Dexplorer

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

Well that telephone number did not work. Per the Auto Attendant recording, Roxio 3D Creator is not included in support at 877-793-7471. 3D Creator is not mentioned by name and must be considred in the "All other Roxio" category and is referred to a web site.
The problem is the quality of the recording referral is not good. Two of us have listened to the recording several times and can not understand the web address being given.
All we can make out on the recording is xxxxxx(something)xxxxx(something)roxio.com.

Anybody know what the Other Category web address is?

#10 3Dexplorer

3Dexplorer

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED!

:D I just spent close to 90 minutes with Roxio Live Chat and after a lot of discussion and try this and that we were able to produce a 2D to 3D photo conversion.
The fix was as simple as uninstalling the software and then reinstalling it.

ROXIO 3D PHOTO CREATOR is a legitamate Roxio Product. You may have a hard time finding it on the Roxio Site, but it is there. I fould it by doing a Yahoo Search.

Roxio 3D is imbedded in and part of Creator 2011 and Creator 2012.

Roxio 3D Photo Creator is a Stand Alone Product and probably should have its own Forum Label because I believe more users will have questions as the software becomes more known.

The Roxio Live Chat Agent was a great help and took the time to listen to me and work with me to find out what was wrong and how to fix the problem. :D

#11 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,880 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

View Post3Dexplorer, on 17 November 2011 - 01:02 PM, said:

THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED!

:D I just spent close to 90 minutes with Roxio Live Chat and after a lot of discussion and try this and that we were able to produce a 2D to 3D photo conversion.

ROXIO 3D PHOTO CREATOR is a legitamate Roxio Product. You may have a hard time finding it on the Roxio Site, but it is there. I fould it by doing a Yahoo Search.

Roxio 3D is imbedded in and part of Creator 2011 and Creator 2012.

Roxio 3D Photo Creator is a Stand Alone Product and probably should have its own Forum Label because I believe more users will have questions as the software becomes more known.

The Roxio Live Chat Agent was a great help and took the time to listen to me and work with me to find out what was wrong and how to fix the problem. :D

ROXIO 3D PHOTO CREATOR is very easy to find on the Roxio website: Products/Photos and you are there.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#12 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,087 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:50 PM

View Post3Dexplorer, on 17 November 2011 - 01:02 PM, said:

THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED!

That's excellent!

I'm sorry I couldn't pick up from your post that the software was actually malfunctioning. It was working on my machine, but I had no way of using the side-by-side output I was getting.

For those who don't know the software, this is another sliced-and-diced application sold as a stand-alone product. http://www.roxio.com...r/overview.html

2d3d.jpg
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,

"I did it until . . "

#13 nayan007

nayan007

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:08 PM

Hi Brendon,

Thank you for giving a solution step wise and with screen shots.It is really helpful for me too.:)

#14 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,087 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:13 PM

Nayan,

You've posted a whole bunch of little posts today, which actually say nothing even when they're all added together.

Please post only when you have a problem we can help with, or when you can actually help someone with a problem.
All these little pointless posts you're making are just a distraction from the business at hand.

Thank you very much,
Brendon

"I did it until . . "

#15 nayan007

nayan007

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:29 PM

View PostBrendon, on 19 November 2011 - 09:13 PM, said:

Nayan,

You've posted a whole bunch of little posts today, which actually say nothing even when they're all added together.

Please post only when you have a problem we can help with, or when you can actually help someone with a problem.
All these little pointless posts you're making are just a distraction from the business at hand.

Thank you very much,
Brendon

Hi Brendon,

I apologies,Will do the same going forward.

Thank you,
Nayan

#16 DulceAndGabana

DulceAndGabana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

I'm having the same problem.I'm guess im in trouble help.. Posted Image

#17 3Dexplorer

3Dexplorer

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:27 AM

View PostDulceAndGabana, on 27 November 2011 - 09:54 PM, said:

I'm having the same problem.I'm guess im in trouble help.. Posted Image
Hey D&G, I would like to try to help you with the 3D photo creator problem. Please tell me more about the problem and if you are useing Nvidia 3d software and glasses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users