• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GrahamW

GrahamW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:16 AM

Hi,I had a motherboard failure and have scapped my old PC and have got a replacement. I'm installing all of my old software including Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 which I have used occasionally over for a long period. I have the CD but the note I made of the licence code is not quite correct. I've got

( Deleted)

which makes me think I missed a character from the second string when I originally wrote it down.

Is there anythiny I can do? Roxio can't help as it is legacy software. I could purchase a current latest version which will have more features but I was quite happy with version 6 for the small amount of use I made of it.

Thanks

Edited by sknis, 24 November 2011 - 01:03 AM.
Deleted license number.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,723 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:02 AM

View PostGrahamW, on 24 November 2011 - 12:16 AM, said:

Hi,I had a motherboard failure and have scapped my old PC and have got a replacement. I'm installing all of my old software including Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 which I have used occasionally over for a long period. I have the CD but the note I made of the licence code is not quite correct. I've got

(Deleted)

which makes me think I missed a character from the second string when I originally wrote it down.

Is there anythiny I can do? Roxio can't help as it is legacy software. I could purchase a current latest version which will have more features but I was quite happy with version 6 for the small amount of use I made of it.

Thanks

If that new compuiter has W7, then 6 won't work anyway. If you registered the program, then you can go to your account and find the licanse code.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 GrahamW

GrahamW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:52 AM

View Postsknis, on 24 November 2011 - 01:02 AM, said:

If that new compuiter has W7, then 6 won't work anyway. If you registered the program, then you can go to your account and find the licanse code.

Thanks. The replacement PC I have runs XP Pro (like my pevious one). I can't recall if I registered the program - it is several years ago (I was struggling to find some of my software disks for awhile as it was so long ago that I set my old PC). But I'll check if I did. With a little luck I may have done. Otherwise I guess I'm stuck and need to upgrade?

#4 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:15 AM

Check here: https://www.roxio.co...n.aspx?lang=enu

If you registered it, the key will be there
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users