• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Norma Warah

Norma Warah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

I'm getting very frustrated with Roxio. I'm spending hours and hours trying to burn dvds. First no chapter menus burning and now this!  I had succesfully, FINALLY burned a DVD with all chapter menus.  I then went to another project and successfully managed to burn 1 DVD. I then went to make additional copies and got this message:

roxio failed to start the image writing operation error while burning image

I've tried for 12 hours to burn another DVD and I keep getting the same message.

I have an HP 2311x machine, Windows 7.  I don't understand how it can work one minute and not the next?????

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,882 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:07 PM

View PostNorma Warah, on 24 November 2011 - 08:03 PM, said:

I'm getting very frustrated with Roxio. I'm spending hours and hours trying to burn dvds. First no chapter menus burning and now this!  I had succesfully, FINALLY burned a DVD with all chapter menus.  I then went to another project and successfully managed to burn 1 DVD. I then went to make additional copies and got this message:

roxio failed to start the image writing operation error while burning image

I've tried for 12 hours to burn another DVD and I keep getting the same message.

I have an HP 2311x machine, Windows 7.  I don't understand how it can work one minute and not the next?????

Perhaps explaining what you are doing might help.

What does this mean: "First no chapter menus burning"? or "burned a DVD with all chapter menus"?
You cannot create a DVD with "all chapter". You have to have a Title menu and then you can create a chapter menu for a title on the title menu page.

How are you trying to make "additional copies"? The usual method is to create an iso image file or Video_TS folder set and then burn those to DVDs

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 Norma Warah

Norma Warah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:46 AM

View Postmyguggi, on 24 November 2011 - 09:07 PM, said:

Perhaps explaining what you are doing might help.

What does this mean: "First no chapter menus burning"? or "burned a DVD with all chapter menus"?
You cannot create a DVD with "all chapter". You have to have a Title menu and then you can create a chapter menu for a title on the title menu page.

How are you trying to make "additional copies"? The usual method is to create an iso image file or Video_TS folder set and then burn those to DVDs

The chapters issue is a separate issue. I created chapter menus for my title movie and successfully burned a few dvds. I then went in to make a small correction. The next burn had no chapter menus even though the chapters were still there in the preview. I solved it by just starting over from scratch.

So now, I am trying to make additional copies, but I am having problems burning. I keep getting that error message.  I did try saving as an iso and burning, but when I go to save project as...my only option is to save it as a .dmsd. Could you provide more detailed directions to make sure I am doing it correctly. I have Roxio Creator 2011 Pro.

Edited by Norma Warah, 25 November 2011 - 03:50 AM.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,702 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:58 AM

View PostNorma Warah, on 25 November 2011 - 03:46 AM, said:

The chapters issue is a separate issue. I created chapter menus for my title movie and successfully burned a few dvds. I then went in to make a small correction. The next burn had no chapter menus even though the chapters were still there in the preview. I solved it by just starting over from scratch.

So now, I am trying to make additional copies, but I am having problems burning. I keep getting that error message.  I did try saving as an iso and burning, but when I go to save project as...my only option is to save it as a .dmsd. Could you provide more detailed directions to make sure I am doing it correctly. I have Roxio Creator 2011 Pro.

You should   BURN -SAVE  (encode).  When your project is ready to burn, go to the burn dialog box and check SAVE to ISO file.  Uncheck the other options.  Once the ISO file is finished, use the "Burn Disc Image" which is on the "Data/Copy"  page .

Confusing sometimes isn't it?

Attached Files

Edited by sknis, 25 November 2011 - 05:00 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 Norma Warah

Norma Warah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:46 AM

Ok. I did that. It did burn a dvd but once again, the chapters menus were missing. The DVD played automatically. I tried it again, and this time I got a disc error message when I tried to play the disc.

So, then I closed out and opened everything up again, and just burned the project as I did before, through MYDVD.  I successfully burned 2 copies. On the 3rd copy, I got the error message again. Frustrating.

#6 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,702 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:07 AM

View PostNorma Warah, on 25 November 2011 - 05:46 AM, said:

Ok. I did that. It did burn a dvd but once again, the chapters menus were missing. The DVD played automatically. I tried it again, and this time I got a disc error message when I tried to play the disc.

So, then I closed out and opened everything up again, and just burned the project as I did before, through MYDVD.  I successfully burned 2 copies. On the 3rd copy, I got the error message again. Frustrating.

1)   Are you burning to cheap store brand discs or Memorex.
2)  Did you create the ISO file and use the burn option on the data/copy page?
3)  Did I miss something from the instructions so that you didn't successfully burn the ISO file?
4) When was the last time you did maintenance on your computer - delete junkk files, defragged, etc?
5) How much free space do you have on your system drive?

What are you playing the DVD with?  Does it play OK on your computer or another DVD player?
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#7 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,882 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

View PostNorma Warah, on 25 November 2011 - 05:46 AM, said:

Did you follow the instructions in post #4 to burn the iso image file? Did that work without any errors?
Did you burn the iso image file to a DVD using the "Burn Image to Disc"? Did that work?

If you are able to burn the iso image file to a DVD without errors one time then everything works correctly with the Roxio program. If you try to burn another copy using the same iso image file and you get an error then there seems to be a problem with the DVD media you are using or a problem with the burner. What DVD media are you using?

To see if the iso file is correct, download the free video player "VLC"  from this site. Once installed, just drag the iso file and drop it on the VLC icon on your desktop. If it plays then the iso file was created correctly. If not, then there is a problem in your project somewhere.

BTW, "Save As' does not create a video file, all it does is save you project instructions to a file with the extension of "dmsd" in myDVD. This file contains no video at all

How long in time is your project?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#8 Norma Warah

Norma Warah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:06 PM

View Postsknis, on 25 November 2011 - 08:07 AM, said:

1)   Are you burning to cheap store brand discs or Memorex.
2)  Did you create the ISO file and use the burn option on the data/copy page?
3)  Did I miss something from the instructions so that you didn't successfully burn the ISO file?
4) When was the last time you did maintenance on your computer - delete junkk files, defragged, etc?
5) How much free space do you have on your system drive?

What are you playing the DVD with?  Does it play OK on your computer or another DVD player?

1. I'm using Verbatim
2. Yes. It burned but with no menus
3. Not sure
4. As soon as I started having problems I did that, so just 3 days ago.
5. 890 GB on but only 1.87 GB on D which is HP Recovery

#9 Norma Warah

Norma Warah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:01 PM

I'm beginning to think I am having a burner issue. Several times, after I've put a DVD in the drive, it says the drive is empty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users