• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mina76

Mina76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

Hello, I've searched the forums with no success in trying to find any answer to why when I make a mixed track, it works fine in the actual program, but after I export it, it has pops and glitches, and skips.  I can't seem to fix it and its driving me MAD!  Can anyone help?????

Mina76

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,682 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:06 AM

View PostMina76, on 28 November 2011 - 04:30 PM, said:

Hello, I've searched the forums with no success in trying to find any answer to why when I make a mixed track, it works fine in the actual program, but after I export it, it has pops and glitches, and skips.  I can't seem to fix it and its driving me MAD!  Can anyone help?????

Mina76

What are your source files?

What application in the suite are you using?

Are you using a bought retail version of C2011 or a came free with the PC version?

What make brand of media are you burning to?

How fast, what x speed are you burning at?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 plhennessey

plhennessey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:28 AM

I am having the same issue.  I can build a Mix in Sound Editor just fine, Play it back, and it is perfect.  However after I export my mix it, it has pops and glitches, and skips.
Answers to your Pervious questions:

What are your source files?   Source files are all WAV files
What application in the suite are you using?   Sound Editor
Are you using a bought retail version of C2011 or a came free with the PC version?   Roxio Creator 2012 Pro (retail)
What make brand of media are you burning to?    Hard Drive
How fast, what x speed are you burning at?  N/A

I have mixed tracks before in previous version Roxio Creator flawlessly

Thank you in advance

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,682 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

First you posted in a C2011 thread. You say you have the same problem but your using Roxio Creator 2012 Pro! :blink:

What are you burning to the hard drive?

What are the source files "wav" where and what did they come from?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#5 plhennessey

plhennessey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:37 PM

View Postcdanteek, on 30 November 2011 - 10:39 AM, said:

First you posted in a C2011 thread. You say you have the same problem but your using Roxio Creator 2012 Pro! :blink:

What are you burning to the hard drive?

What are the source files "wav" where and what did they come from?

Burring may not be the right term.  Export Mix is the command used in the Sound Editor.  

The WAV files are from Commercial CD's (Music and Sound Effects). The odd thing is the mix plays flawlessly inside the sound editor once you save the file (Export Mix)as a WAV file and then play the WAV file on any player of your choice, you hear the audio defects mentioned above.

Did a clarify these points clearly?

Thank you in advance,

Edited by plhennessey, 30 November 2011 - 02:46 PM.

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,682 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

Burring may not be the right term. Export Mix is the command used in the Sound Editor.

No...

Export mix to what?

Why do we have to pull teeth to get information?
cd
Spoiler

#7 plhennessey

plhennessey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:36 PM

View Postcdanteek, on 30 November 2011 - 02:45 PM, said:

No...

Export mix to what?

Why do we have to pull teeth to get information?

As I said in the previous message Exported to a WAV file on the hard drive.  Clear?

#8 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,682 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

View Postplhennessey, on 30 November 2011 - 03:36 PM, said:

As I said in the previous message Exported to a WAV file on the hard drive.  Clear?

I'm a bit thick today, it's now clear! :rolleyes:

Did it ever work correct?

If they are free from defects before sound editor and free from defects playing in sound editor?

But have defects after the mix, I guess we have to blame the software?

Have you tried a repair?

When you installed C2012 did you use the Preparing your computer for installing Roxio products?

http://kb.roxio.com/...ontent/000080GN

Is this the only Roxio product installed on the PC?

I just ran 1.3GB of wav files in and out as a mix in sound editor with no problem.
cd
Spoiler

#9 plhennessey

plhennessey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:23 PM

View Postcdanteek, on 30 November 2011 - 04:02 PM, said:

I'm a bit thick today, it's now clear! :rolleyes:

Did it ever work correct?

If they are free from defects before sound editor and free from defects playing in sound editor?

But have defects after the mix, I guess we have to blame the software?

Have you tried a repair?

When you installed C2012 did you use the Preparing your computer for installing Roxio products?

http://kb.roxio.com/...ontent/000080GN

Is this the only Roxio product installed on the PC?

I just ran 1.3GB of wav files in and out as a mix in sound editor with no problem.

Yes it did work on a previous versions of Creator

Yes all the WAV files are clean before and inside the sound editor.  I can play the song, and all the clips individually cleanly both inside the Sound Editor and outside.    

What do mean by a repair?  Can you be more specific?

Yes all the drivers and software is current.

No other Roxio products are installed.

Just to clarify it is when you layer.  For example: song in Layer1, Sound effects in Layer 2 then Export Mix

As a side note I tried another program A*****y and the layering worked perfectly?

Thank you in advance,

Edited by plhennessey, 30 November 2011 - 07:13 PM.

#10 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,192 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:16 AM

Sometimes 2 different audio players try to take over the other.  This will give you audio issues when playing the file on a computer.

Is this what is happening?  (forget about the disc.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#11 plhennessey

plhennessey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

View Postsknis, on 01 December 2011 - 04:16 AM, said:

Sometimes 2 different audio players try to take over the other.  This will give you audio issues when playing the file on a computer.

Is this what is happening?  (forget about the disc.

I don’t think so?  I only have one player open at a time, and the audio anomalies are identical in each player.   As I noted above I used another editing program to create an audio mix with the same set of files and had no issues.   I have since tried a couple of new music mixes with the same results.  

Thank you

Edited by plhennessey, 03 December 2011 - 10:26 AM.

#12 plhennessey

plhennessey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:42 AM

View Postplhennessey, on 03 December 2011 - 10:25 AM, said:

I donít think so?  I only have one player open at a time, and the audio anomalies are identical in each player.   As I noted above I used another editing program to create an audio mix with the same set of files and had no issues.   I have since tried a couple of new music mixes with the same results.  

Thank you

No difference if the Burner is running or not.  I did take the mix.wav file to another computer (No Creator),  still have audio anomalies?   If no one has the answer here where can I take this issue Roxio Support?

Thank you in advance,

#13 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,192 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:20 AM

View Postplhennessey, on 06 December 2011 - 07:42 AM, said:

No difference if the Burner is running or not.  I did take the mix.wav file to another computer (No Creator),  still have audio anomalies?   If no one has the answer here where can I take this issue Roxio Support?

Thank you in advance,

You can BUT since your version is one version back from the current one, you will have to pay for tech support.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users