rdycrz

Roxio Video Lab Hd Won't Convert Right.

Question

I recently ripped a DVD and I ripped several episodes. I checked each of the ripped and unconverted files on VLC and they were working perfectly fine. I then used Roxio Video Lab HD to convert them to iPhone format, when I opened the finished videos, I immediately noticed that the audio was late. It was about five seconds late, it was like this on all the videos I converted. I have used this program and have never encountered this problem before. I reconverted them twice and I still had this problem. Has this happened to anyone else, can anyone please help me?

18 answers to this question

??? if it were a legal, non-copy writed DVD, you could simply Import it to and make your converted export <_<

When you say you are 'ripping' it, I get the feeling you are using illgal software to break a copy writed DVD...

Soooo, assuming you know all that and would never do anything illegal what settings are you using for the output?

Also check the settings of the Source files.

I have used this DVD before and converted them before with no problems, but they were accidentally deleted. I did everything exactly the same as before. I don't know why this happened. The settings I used are

Compression: MPEG4

Resolution: 640x360[16:9]

Frame Rate: 30 fps

Data Rate: 500 kbps

Audio Format: AAC

Sampling Rate: 48 KHZ

Sample Size: 16 bits

Channels: Stereo

These are the settings you are using???

post-39730-065585800 1322826431.jpg

post-39730-090942900 1322826432.jpg

I really suspect that it is the Source file... Grab another file you can find on your PC to use as a test.

Trim it to 5 minutes or so in length then convert it and see what it does?

Just so you know, the usual reccomendations in a case like this would be:

Do the
to the letter!

Then start the install of the Suite, only pick
Repair
when it is offered.

Updates to Roxio will have to be installed.
;)

First of all, I want to say thanks for helping out, and also I made an error, I'm not using Roxio Video Lab HD, I'm actually using Easy Video Copy & Convert, I saw your screen shots and realized my mistake and I'm using the converter included. I downloaded a free and crappy converter that converted them but made them really bad and with a watermark. I don't care for that converted file, I just used it to test the videos and they came out right. I know its not the source file. Thanks for all help and here is the program I've been using.

Thanks

Roxio.bmp

Not a problem ~ I don't actually have the Roxio Video Lab HD Suite, so I am just using the Creator Suite and making assumptions (guesses) :lol:

VCC and VideoWave should yield the same results...

post-39730-019694600 1322912634.jpg

Still, if you do one of your files in VideoWave just to see how it comes out... I am curious.

Hi, I used the same files to convert again and they came out correctly. I don't know what happened, but it's fixed now. I also noticed that on your screen shot from Roxio Video Copy & Convert, under Choose Output it says Category: Apple and shows iPad, iPad 2, and iPod touch 4. I'm using this for my iPad 2 and 4th Gen iPod touch. How do I make it show those options. I'm going to include a picture or my program.

Thanks

Roxio.bmp

Hi, I used the same files to convert again and they came out correctly. I don't know what happened, but it's fixed now. I also noticed that on your screen shot from Roxio Video Copy & Convert, under Choose Output it says Category: Apple and shows iPad, iPad 2, and iPod touch 4. I'm using this for my iPad 2 and 4th Gen iPod touch. How do I make it show those options. I'm going to include a picture or my program.

Thanks

Jim said in the previous post!

I don't actually have the Roxio Video Lab HD Suite, so I am just using the Creator Suite and making assumptions (guesses)

I would bet Jim is using Roxio Creator 2012 Pro and it shows those options.

First of all, I want to say thanks for helping out, and also I made an error, I'm not using Roxio Video Lab HD, I'm actually using Easy Video Copy & Convert, I saw your screen shots and realized my mistake and I'm using the converter included. I downloaded a free and crappy converter that converted them but made them really bad and with a watermark. I don't care for that converted file, I just used it to test the videos and they came out right. I know its not the source file. Thanks for all help and here is the program I've been using.Thanks

I saw his screen shot Roxio VC&C and I'm using that also, that's why I asked. I was aware he said he wasn't using Roxio Video Lab HD.

Neither am I.

I saw his screen shot Roxio VC&C and I'm using that also, that's why I asked. I was aware he said he wasn't using Roxio Video Lab HD.

Neither am I.

Your using Easy Video Copy & Convert?

I'm actually using Easy Video Copy & Convert,

I would bet Jim is using Roxio Creator 2012 Pro, application Video Copy and Convert and it shows those options.

Does that explain it better?

Neither am I.

So what program suite are you using? I don't remember a stand alone Video Copy and Convert software, but it wouldn't shock me that Roxio did offer it as a stand alone.

I'm using the Roxio VC&C application from Roxio Easy Video Copy & Convert. The same one as the picture from cdanteek

That's a cut-down, stand-alone [cheap] version which doesn't have half the things which you'll find in the $100 Creator 2012. :(

Oh that sucks, I bought Creator 2010 and only used it for the converter. I may have to re install iagain and see if it has all those features. I guess I'll have to go for the 2012.

Thanks for all the help.

Oh that sucks, I bought Creator 2010 and only used it for the converter. I may have to re install iagain and see if it has all those features. I guess I'll have to go for the 2012.

Thanks for all the help.

\

If you want the conversion for your iPod Touch Generation 4, you will have to get Creator 2012. If you have Creator 2010 installed, try the conversion for the iPod Touch, before purchasing Creator 2012. If it works, all is good.

I have an iPod Touch Generation 4. If I get a chance, I will try a conversion tomorrow, with Creator 2010, to see if it works.

Video Lab HD is based on components from Creator 2011... The Quick Set selection box was only added to Video Copy & Convert in Creator 2012, which I was using for screen caps ;)

Your Pic:

post-39730-009737200 1323004374.jpg

My Pic:

post-39730-028191500 1323004376.jpg

So installing Creator 2010 is not going to help...

However... You could go to the end and pick Video, then set it to do a HD output (mpeg 4) to use with your iPad 2:

post-39730-027100100 1323004372.jpg

Try that and see if it doesn't give you a better conversion.

Edited by Jim_Hardin