9 replies to this topic

#1 The gardener

The gardener

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:53 AM

I desperately need help please.
For a start I don't know the version of Easy CD Creator I have.  The booklet says <for windows 95/98 & NT 4.0>.
Easy CD Creator & Direct CD.
It is operating on windows 98SE.
Up till now it has been great but one day in a hurry a 'box' popped up and I closed it.  Following this I get an error message and it will not close the CD.  I'm not sure if stuff will copy to it.  
Does anyone know if I can return to a previous version or can help me find the details of which version it is to form a better question!

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,418 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:17 AM

hello,

To find out which version you have, run Easy CD Creator in a music or data project.
Then click the Help button near the top of ECDC and select "About Easy CD Creator".

1.jpg

A box should then open, telling you your version number.

2.jpg

Regards,
Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

As a very wise man told me, "You do it until . . . . ."

#3 The gardener

The gardener

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:23 AM

Thanks Brendon
will do this afternoon.  Have to  dash.
Rose

View PostBrendon, on 05 December 2011 - 05:17 AM, said:

hello,

To find out which version you have, run Easy CD Creator in a music or data project.
Then click the Help button near the top of ECDC and select "About Easy CD Creator".

Attachment 1.jpg

A box should then open, telling you your version number.

Attachment 2.jpg

Regards,
Brendon

#4 The gardener

The gardener

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:36 AM

View PostThe gardener, on 05 December 2011 - 05:23 AM, said:

Thanks Brendon
will do this afternoon.  Have to  dash.
Rose
Ok It seems to be Direct CD 2.5d. Ancient!
(though the Easy CD Creator is 3.5c)
I use it to open and close disc so that it can be read by other computers. Copying data.

If I try to close a previously used disk I get error messages
eg <<The track reserved for ISO9660 us damaged (0x800000e)>>

If I try a new disk I get
<<No ISO primary volume descriptor (0x80000010). Direct CD Wizard is not able to include the existing files/folders in the new volume. Prepare for writing anyway>>

Any thoughts as to what has happened here would be gratefully received.  Especially if I could do something to get it going again.
Thought of trying to restore to a previous version but can't find a facillity to do this.

Otherwise can I copy to a CD disk that could still be used by other computers using windows .
Thanks,
Rose

#5 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,079 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:03 AM

View PostThe gardener, on 05 December 2011 - 07:36 AM, said:

Ok It seems to be Direct CD 2.5d. Ancient!
(though the Easy CD Creator is 3.5c)
I use it to open and close disc so that it can be read by other computers. Copying data.

If I try to close a previously used disk I get error messages
eg <<The track reserved for ISO9660 us damaged (0x800000e)>>

If I try a new disk I get
<<No ISO primary volume descriptor (0x80000010). Direct CD Wizard is not able to include the existing files/folders in the new volume. Prepare for writing anyway>>

Any thoughts as to what has happened here would be gratefully received.  Especially if I could do something to get it going again.
Thought of trying to restore to a previous version but can't find a facillity to do this.

Otherwise can I copy to a CD disk that could still be used by other computers using windows .
Thanks,
Rose

Rather than using the Direct CD method, see if the Data CD program is still working.

Most of the folks here that have done CD writing for awhile consider  packet writing (Direct CD does packet writing) an unreliable method of  writing to discs, and only consider it good for moving files from one  machine to another, and definitely not for regular or long-term storage.

Edited by ogdens, 05 December 2011 - 08:09 AM.

#6 The gardener

The gardener

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

Not sure what that is. What is Data CD?  It is checked as recording data.  Also as a programme 'Archived' rather than read only or the other choice.

I can copy to disk with drag & drop because it has been fomatted by Adeptic but it still won't let me close the disk or let me eject manually except by going through the wizard.

The scanner, camera, printer, photoshop all work with this computer and photos are on it.  I am just about to put them all onto disc and use my new laptop to save them to a memory stick.
I think the computer knew!

Something happened when a previously unseen window popped up saying something about internet (which it doesn't have) and I clicked on close.

Rose

Edited by The gardener, 05 December 2011 - 08:40 AM.

#7 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,079 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:47 AM

View PostThe gardener, on 05 December 2011 - 08:37 AM, said:

Not sure what that is. What is Data CD?  It is checked as recording data.  Also as a programme 'Archived' rather than read only or the other choice.

I can copy to disk with drag & drop because it has been fomatted by Adeptic but it still won't let me close the disk or let me eject manually except by going through the wizard.

The scanner, camera, printer, photoshop all work with this computer and photos are on it.  I am just about to put them all onto disc and use my new laptop to save them to a memory stick.
I think the computer knew!

Something happened when a previously unseen window popped up saying something about internet (which it doesn't have) and I clicked on close.

Rose

If your W98se has USB ports use that and copy onto your flash drive/memory stick .

Edited by ogdens, 05 December 2011 - 11:49 AM.

#8 The gardener

The gardener

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:45 AM

Sadly not USB ports.  Otherwise I would have put everything directly onto that - a CD is the only means I can use to copy scans and photoshoped photos.  I could move photos back to my camera I suppose but it would take forever!
Rose

#9 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,079 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

View PostThe gardener, on 06 December 2011 - 11:45 AM, said:

Sadly not USB ports.  Otherwise I would have put everything directly onto that - a CD is the only means I can use to copy scans and photoshoped photos.  I could move photos back to my camera I suppose but it would take forever!
Rose

When you open up the program, do you not have a choice ( when making a Data CD) to use Direct CD or Data Project/Data CD (I cant give you the exact words as I don"t have this old program),. Do not select Direct CD.

Go into the HELP files in the program for more info.

Edited by ogdens, 06 December 2011 - 12:46 PM.

#10 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,418 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

Hello Rose,

Sorry for my absence, I was away at yet another funeral. :( I'm back now.

Okay, you're running 3.5c from 07/07/99 [last Century]
On your desktop or somewhere accessible you should have a desktop icon that's a shortcut to Easy CD Creator [Creatr32.exe]. When you run that program you should either get a wizard opening which looks like this:

wiz.jpg

If you get the Wizard, select the Data CD button and click Next, which will bring you to the standard window
or if you don't see the wizard, you should arrive at the standard Easy CD Creator 3.x window anyway.

ecdc.jpg

Note that's showing a Data CD Layout [in my case it's showing today's date, 111207, and time 2012]

Now you use the top computer tree windows to navigate to the directory your files are in, and then drag them down into the Data Layout windows below.
Folders/directories are shown on the left, and the files on the right.

When you have the files you want to burn all showing in the bottom windows, put a fresh unformatted or erased disc in your drive, and click the Create CD button to burn your CD.  The button you want will be showing a red dot by this time, although it is showing a grey dot in my picture above.

This will burn your files to a blank unformatted disc with Easy CD Creator, rather than burning them to a formatted disc with Direct CD.
The disc you're burning by this method will be readable in any CD/DVD reader on a PC, and won't need to be first closed in a special way.

With Direct CD you will probably find your results aren't always consistent, and this is why we recommend you forget Direct CD and use Creator instead.

Hope this helps, but I can answer any questions that I've created for you.

Regards,
Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

As a very wise man told me, "You do it until . . . . ."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users