phax

Problem Saving Edited Song Information In Music Disc Creator.

Question

Okay, I have Roxio Creator 2012 and am having trouble saving. The problem occurs when I try to save a project in Music Disc Creator. So, say I add a music file 5 minutes in length then cut it down to 3 minutes in the Quick Sound Editor. Everything works as it should but when I save and reopen the project file all the changes I've made in Quick Sound Editor are gone. I understand I have to export the edited music to create a new music file but shouldnt this information still be saved in the project file so I can continue to edit my projects at later times? I thought the DMSA project file was suppose to contain this info in addition to the paths to the original music files.

TIA

John

Edited by phax

5 answers to this question

No - you have to save BOTH. The dmsa file does as you said point to the file - but it also needs a file to point TO ;)

Honestly, I dont understand why the software cant save these changes. It would be like if I created a program to write computer software but I couldn't save the raw data and could only compile what I've worked on so far. There must be a way to save that raw data before it's exported in a music file. If there isn't Roxio needs to add such a feature otherwise my $70 software is about to become $70 worth of trash.

Honestly, I dont understand why the software cant save these changes. It would be like if I created a program to write computer software but I couldn't save the raw data and could only compile what I've worked on so far. There must be a way to save that raw data before it's exported in a music file. If there isn't Roxio needs to add such a feature otherwise my $70 software is about to become $70 worth of trash.

Your choice ! :unsure:

I just ran a test and agree with you 110%!

When you perform an "edit" and save a Project, you expect the "edit" to be intact next time you open the Project! :o

post-39730-003391000 1323378419.jpg

post-39730-081556000 1323378421.jpg

post-39730-069090100 1323378425.jpg

post-39730-009425800 1323378428.jpg

post-39730-017909700 1323378430.jpg

I'll see that it gets reported but I am guessing it has been this way for a long, long time and no one ever drew attention to it.

Thanks for describing the problem in a way I couldn't. I hope this gets resolved because the software works great beyond this bug.