Roxio Community

Problem Saving Edited Song Information In Music Disc Creator.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 phax

phax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:11 PM

Okay, I have Roxio Creator 2012 and am having trouble saving.  The problem occurs when I try to save a project in Music Disc Creator.  So, say I add a music file 5 minutes in length then cut it down to 3 minutes in the Quick Sound Editor.  Everything works as it should but when I save and reopen the project file all the changes I've made in Quick Sound Editor are gone.  I understand I have to export the edited music to create a new music file but shouldnt this information still be saved in the project file so I can continue to edit my projects at later times?  I thought the DMSA project file was suppose to contain this info in addition to the paths to the original music files.

TIA
John

Edited by phax, 06 December 2011 - 12:12 PM.

#2 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:59 AM

No - you have to save BOTH. The dmsa file does as you said point to the file - but it also needs a file to point TO ;)
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#3 phax

phax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

Honestly, I dont understand why the software cant save these changes.  It would be like if I created a program to write computer software but I couldn't save the raw data and could only compile what I've worked on so far.  There must be a way to save that raw data before it's exported in a music file.  If there isn't Roxio needs to add such a feature otherwise my $70 software is about to become $70 worth of trash.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:51 AM

View Postphax, on 08 December 2011 - 10:31 AM, said:

Honestly, I dont understand why the software cant save these changes.  It would be like if I created a program to write computer software but I couldn't save the raw data and could only compile what I've worked on so far.  There must be a way to save that raw data before it's exported in a music file.  If there isn't Roxio needs to add such a feature otherwise my $70 software is about to become $70 worth of trash.

Your choice ! :unsure:
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,526 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

I just ran a test and agree with you 110%!

When you perform an "edit" and save a Project, you expect the "edit" to be intact next time you open the Project! :o

Attached File  Image1.jpg   168.24K   0 downloads

Attached File  Image2.jpg   174.21K   0 downloads

Attached File  Image3.jpg   129.79K   0 downloads

Attached File  Image4.jpg   151.35K   0 downloads

Attached File  Image5.jpg   126.11K   0 downloads

I'll see that it gets reported but I am guessing it has been this way for a long, long time and no one ever drew attention to it.
Posted Image

#6 phax

phax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

Thanks for describing the problem in a way I couldn't.  I hope this gets resolved because the software works great beyond this bug.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users