• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Renz

Renz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:47 PM

Ok so I created a dvd i decided to make an iso file to test and also so I could burn several copies for christmas. I loaded the ISO image and started flipping through the titles which leads me to chapter  there are 9 when I click on title 9 chapter1 a RED SPLASH SCREEN that says SONIC pops up really fast then disappears like in under half a second I was like wow I never added that to my dvd any help?? Thanks

Edited by Renz, 06 December 2011 - 12:51 PM.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,897 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

??? the Creator Suite has about 40 programs in it...

Which One did you create the ISO with? (do you still have the project file for that program?)

Which One are you opening the ISO with?

The Suite can only burn an ISO file, it has no ability to open one for edit...

You can use the Suite to create a Virtual Drive and then Mount the ISO to that drive.
Posted Image

#3 Renz

Renz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

I used roxio 2011 then clicked the dvd crator suite authored the dvd clicked the round red burn button then told it to make an iso instaed of burning it then I mounted the iso image with magic disc then I played it using the vlc player.

#4 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,862 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

View PostRenz, on 06 December 2011 - 01:24 PM, said:

I used roxio 2011 then clicked the dvd crator suite authored the dvd clicked the round red burn button then told it to make an iso instaed of burning it then I mounted the iso image with magic disc then I played it using the vlc player.

You don't even have to use MagicDisc to mount the iso. Simply drop the iso file on the VLC icon and it will play. No need for any virtual drive

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#5 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,897 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:30 AM

MagicDisc is not a Roxio program. nor is VLC ;)

I have used both and like them but have neither installed anymore...

There are other reasons why a menu may not work and they have to do with the Project rather than the Player. Like to know more about the MyDVD Project ~ total length & Quality???

I rarely use any ISO anymore, my personal favorite is to burn to a Folder Set and use Burn Data Disc to create the discs.

Burning to a DVD RW for testing is good step, if the Project is an hour long or less ;)
Posted Image

#6 Renz

Renz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:34 AM

@myguggi
I know that I mounted the iso so I could explore it.

in either case what does what I view the dvd with have to do with there being a sonic splash screen hidden in the dvd that I did not add in there?

#7 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,897 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:01 AM

How about loading that ISO to download site, like UpForDown - LINK, so we can take a first hand look at it???

If you don't want to post the link to it here, use the Instant Message (click our name and "Send Message" is an option...

You could also makeup a test sample and post that one ;)
Posted Image

#8 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,624 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:22 AM

Did you use PhotoShow in any of the videos you put into the Iso
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#9 Renz

Renz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:37 AM

No and I could not find anywhere when searching the project that a sonic splash screen could be disabled or added or anything

@Jim I sent you a message

Edited by Renz, 07 December 2011 - 07:38 AM.

#10 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,897 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:18 AM

Got your message ;)

I noticed your IP resolves to Mission KS. I lived in North KCMO as well as the Grandview, MO area in my youth :lol:
Posted Image

#11 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,147 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:07 PM

View PostRenz, on 07 December 2011 - 06:34 AM, said:

@myguggi
I know that I mounted the iso so I could explore it.

in either case what does what I view the dvd with have to do with there being a sonic splash screen hidden in the dvd that I did not add in there?
I'm sure we dealt with this one a year or so ago, and found the Sonic screen that's mentioned. It's normally hidden in the DVD like some sort of hidden copyright image.

I'll see if I can find the old topic, but given the insipid search abilities on this board that might be impossible.

What's the easiest way to display that Sonic screen, Renz?
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users