Jump to content

Roxio Community

2011 Video Wave Stops Render At 75%


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 happynow

happynow

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

I have never had this happen before. Video wave starts to render the project and when it is 75% complete it just stops.  No error message it just quits the process and stalls. I have Windows 7 and ATI Radion 5770 graphics card.  I went in to DirectX diagnostics and it says everything is fine but it won't let me run graphics test.  

I found that I can render a video that has no transitions or anything else in it, but once I put transitions and text in the video it quits at 75%.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Edited by happynow, 10 December 2011 - 06:25 PM.


#2 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,388 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:41 PM

View Posthappynow, on 10 December 2011 - 05:05 PM, said:

I have never had this happen before. Video wave starts to render the project and when it is 75% complete it just stops.  No error message it just quits the process and stalls. I have Windows 7 and ATI Radion 5770 graphics card.  I went in to DirectX diagnostics and it says everything is fine but it won't let me run graphics test.  

I found that I can render a video that has no transitions or anything else in it, but once I put transitions and text in the video it quits at 75%.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

VideoWave doesn't render at all, unless you output it as some video file.  What are you trying to do?

There is something wrong with your production, at the point that it quits rendering.  Find out what is at that point and fix it.

If your ultimate goal is to burn your production to a DVD, then don't output from VideoWave at all.  Save your project, close VideoWave, open MyDVD (Create DVDs), bring in your VideoWave file, make and menu changes that you want, then burn to a DVD, image file, or folder set, by clicking on the Burn button.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#3 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,634 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:44 AM

There is a 'dEcember' update to the AMD 11.11 version of Software & Drivers for that card - AMD  

Not the end all answer to your problem but something that needs to be done ;)
Posted Image

#4 happynow

happynow

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:02 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 11 December 2011 - 05:44 AM, said:

There is a 'dEcember' update to the AMD 11.11 version of Software & Drivers for that card - AMD  

Not the end all answer to your problem but something that needs to be done ;)


Thank you I will try that and let you know

#5 happynow

happynow

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:47 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 11 December 2011 - 05:44 AM, said:

There is a 'dEcember' update to the AMD 11.11 version of Software & Drivers for that card - AMD  

Not the end all answer to your problem but something that needs to be done ;)


The demo on the AMD site said you needed to have microsoft.net frame work 3.0 on your system  no sure if windows 7 needs this or not.  Do you know if I need to down load this as well?

Edited by happynow, 11 December 2011 - 12:07 PM.


#6 happynow

happynow

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 11 December 2011 - 05:44 AM, said:

There is a 'dEcember' update to the AMD 11.11 version of Software & Drivers for that card - AMD  

Not the end all answer to your problem but something that needs to be done ;)

I updated the driver, it doesn't change anything.  The file will still not render past 75%; however if I take some of the markers out of it I can get it to render, but it is jumpy garbeled plays scenes twice its really weird.  Any suggestions?  I don't know if this is anything or not, but I was able to render the orignal file directly to youtube, but not to my computer.

Edited by happynow, 11 December 2011 - 12:00 PM.


#7 happynow

happynow

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:59 AM

View Postgrandpabruce, on 10 December 2011 - 06:41 PM, said:

VideoWave doesn't render at all, unless you output it as some video file.  What are you trying to do?

There is something wrong with your production, at the point that it quits rendering.  Find out what is at that point and fix it.

If your ultimate goal is to burn your production to a DVD, then don't output from VideoWave at all.  Save your project, close VideoWave, open MyDVD (Create DVDs), bring in your VideoWave file, make and menu changes that you want, then burn to a DVD, image file, or folder set, by clicking on the Burn button.

It is the same thing it stops at 75%.

#8 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,634 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:47 PM

You haven't told us about your Project??? How long is it? What does it consist of (source files)?

Markers are never rendered so the presence or absence makes no differece...

Also what are you Exporting As?

Attached File  Image4.jpg   308.32K   0 downloads


Also to eliminate your Video Card, try setting VW to Software Rendering:

Attached File  VideoWave - Tools Option Render.jpg   277.9K   0 downloads


Posted Image

#9 happynow

happynow

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 11 December 2011 - 12:47 PM, said:

You haven't told us about your Project??? How long is it? What does it consist of (source files)?

Markers are never rendered so the presence or absence makes no differece...

Also what are you Exporting As?

Attachment Image4.jpg


Also to eliminate your Video Card, try setting VW to Software Rendering:

Attachment VideoWave - Tools Option Render.jpg


I put it on Software render and it still stops at 75%.  The file is video files MPEG2's and are being rendered as Mpeg 2s also.

#10 myguggi

myguggi

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,790 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:06 PM

View Posthappynow, on 11 December 2011 - 01:09 PM, said:

I put it on Software render and it still stops at 75%.  The file is video files MPEG2's and are being rendered as Mpeg 2s also.

You said that if you remove the transitions it will render correctly. What transitions are you using near the 75% point? It seems that they are causing you problems. You could try replacing them with ones that you know work correctly.

Also you did not answers any of Jim's questions from his 1st line in his last post.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset


#11 happynow

happynow

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:07 PM

View Postgrandpabruce, on 10 December 2011 - 06:41 PM, said:

VideoWave doesn't render at all, unless you output it as some video file.  What are you trying to do?

There is something wrong with your production, at the point that it quits rendering.  Find out what is at that point and fix it.

If your ultimate goal is to burn your production to a DVD, then don't output from VideoWave at all.  Save your project, close VideoWave, open MyDVD (Create DVDs), bring in your VideoWave file, make and menu changes that you want, then burn to a DVD, image file, or folder set, by clicking on the Burn button.



I am out putting it as a Video file to play back as a playback for DVD  Render best Quality MPEG 2.  The Video is about 4 min long.  The ultimate goal is not really to burn to a DVD, well later on yes but I use the video for other things too.  Upload to youtube; play back on computer and also burn to DVD.  

The video is for recruiting for my daughters soccer.  It has text in it for arrows and I took a bunch of them out after the 75% point.  It rendered but the film was wavy and jagged jumpy and it even did things twice.

#12 happynow

happynow

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

Okay I used the settings that you showed in your project; removed the tags I had that seemed to freeze the project and then used software instead of hardware to render it.  It looks a lot better now.  Thanks for the help.  I think for right now this will work for a while.

#13 David2012

David2012

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:15 PM

I had the same problem until I read something about changing the option for rendering. I had a 500+ photo project that stopped within few seconds of the render. Go to tools then options. At top it has render options. Switch from software to hardware. Not only did it help with the problem it quicken the process significantly. I also found out if you add your transitions in story line mode other glitches stop as well. Right now I,m trying to figure out how to stop the picture from lookin heat wavy when using the pan zoom editor.

#14 myguggi

myguggi

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,790 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:27 PM

View PostDavid2012, on 17 May 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

I had the same problem until I read something about changing the option for rendering. I had a 500+ photo project that stopped within few seconds of the render. Go to tools then options. At top it has render options. Switch from software to hardware. Not only did it help with the problem it quicken the process significantly. I also found out if you add your transitions in story line mode other glitches stop as well. Right now I,m trying to figure out how to stop the picture from lookin heat wavy when using the pan zoom editor.

You realize that you just resurrected a long dead, 3 year old thread?

Did you also notice that for the poster, the "software" rendering corrected his problem?

If you have a problem with your project it is much better to start your own thread and explain your project with some deatils. Hijacked other posters threads is considered poor etiquette and often leads to a lot of confusion and false information.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users