Question

Just installed Windows 7 64bit on a Toshiba Laptop X-205 Sli-3. I have Roxio 2011 installed, and would like to play some

HD Movies that I was able to play under Vista using Toshiba HD Player software with a Toshiba HD DVD Rom Drive. The Toshiba HD Player will no longer work on on Windows 7. CinePlayer and WMP plays other DVD movies, but will not recognize the movies in HD. There is no firmware upgrade for the DVDW/HD TS-L802 Drive for Windows 7, I've already checked. Does

anyone know how to get these HD movies to play either under CinePlayer or WMP under Windows 7? Not sure if I'm missing a codec that is needed, tried checking but was not sure what to install. Attached my system specs from dxdiag if that will

help.

DxDiag.txt

14 answers to this question

Just installed Windows 7 64bit on a Toshiba Laptop X-205 Sli-3. I have Roxio 2011 installed, and would like to play some

HD Movies that I was able to play under Vista using Toshiba HD Player software with a Toshiba HD DVD Rom Drive. The Toshiba HD Player will no longer work on on Windows 7. CinePlayer and WMP plays other DVD movies, but will not recognize the movies in HD. There is no firmware upgrade for the DVDW/HD TS-L802 Drive for Windows 7, I've already checked. Does

anyone know how to get these HD movies to play either under CinePlayer or WMP under Windows 7? Not sure if I'm missing a codec that is needed, tried checking but was not sure what to install. Attached my system specs from dxdiag if that will

help.

Please define HD. Are you referring to Blu-ray, AVCHD, 480 definition HD or the old obsolete HD that lost the battle with blu-ray? Where did you get the movies?

Thanks for your reply! Its the obsolete HD that came installed with the Toshiba Satallite X-205 SLi-3 when it was purchased new. Received 6 HD movies with the satallite. Guess its really not a big deal, the player still works and plays CD's/DVD's.

Just thought if it was just a codec or something simple that would still recognize the movies then that would be great.

I recently installed an additional to gigs of ram and did a clean install from Vista to Windows 7. I had Roxio 2011, and just installed it, thinking it might recognize the HD movies, but when I try and run them on Roxio's CinePlayer it doesn't recognize the HD Drive.

Thanks for your reply! Its the obsolete HD that came installed with the Toshiba Satallite X-205 SLi-3 when it was purchased new. Received 6 HD movies with the satallite. Guess its really not a big deal, the player still works and plays CD's/DVD's.

Just thought if it was just a codec or something simple that would still recognize the movies then that would be great.

I recently installed an additional to gigs of ram and did a clean install from Vista to Windows 7. I had Roxio 2011, and just installed it, thinking it might recognize the HD movies, but when I try and run them on Roxio's CinePlayer it doesn't recognize the HD Drive.

I think you may be out of luck. Early versions of Cyberlink Power DVD had the capabilities to play the discs but they removed the capability from later versions. I doubt that the earlier versions are W7 compatible. Even if they were, you would have to find and buy the software.

What software was used originally to play the HD discs? Have you contacted Toshiba to see if they have a recommendation?

Edited by sknis

I think you may be out of luck. Early versions of Cyberlink Power DVD had the capabilities to play the discs but they removed the capability from later versions. I doubt that the earlier versions are W7 compatible. Even if they were, you would have to find and buy the software.

What software was used originally to play the HD discs? Have you contacted Toshiba to see if they have a recommendation?

The last Version of Cyberlink Power DVD that has support for HD DVD is 7.3.

If you have a copy of version 8, Google, Enabling HD DVD playback in PowerDVD 8 guide, second hit.

Thanks for your help and your right I'm SOL! The program that that was used was Toshiba's HD DVD Player. I have the installer

which will install the driver and software, but its not compatible with Windows 7, and Toshiba is no longer supporting it.

Oh well . . . thanks for replying and trying to help.

I found the fix for the Toshiba HD DVD Player for Windows 7 32/64 bit. I installed the software, but was not able to get it to work, it kept giving me an error; 'modules missing'. After doing allot of checking on Toshiba's support site I found an update to Vista Service Pack 1. If anyone is having the same problem you can search for it under; app_hd_dvd_player_os2008084a. Make sure to set compatibility to Windows Vista Service Pack 1 in Toshiba HD DVD Player properties.

I found the fix for the Toshiba HD DVD Player for Windows 7 32/64 bit. I installed the software, but was not able to get it to work, it kept giving me an error; 'modules missing'. After doing allot of checking on Toshiba's support site I found an update to Vista Service Pack 1. If anyone is having the same problem you can search for it under; app_hd_dvd_player_os2008084a. Make sure to set compatibility to Windows Vista Service Pack 1 in Toshiba HD DVD Player properties.

My issue is that after installing Windows 7 Ultimate and the Toshiba 4.60.03 software the player notices the HD movies (Planet Earth) but only plays the intorduction and I cannot fast-forward to another title. Player works fine with standard DVDs, any suggestions?

My issue is that after installing Windows 7 Ultimate and the Toshiba 4.60.03 software the player notices the HD movies (Planet Earth) but only plays the intorduction and I cannot fast-forward to another title. Player works fine with standard DVDs, any suggestions?

Then this really has nothing to do with Roxio???

You MUST have a HD DVD drive in your PC, no Standard DVD Player or even BD Drives can play an HD DVD...

Then this really has nothing to do with Roxio???

You MUST have a HD DVD drive in your PC, no Standard DVD Player or even BD Drives can play an HD DVD...

Yes, I have a HD DVD Drive on a Toshiba Laptop. It worked fine with Windows Vista. I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate and now the incompatability. Looking all over the internet for a solution.

Yes, I have a HD DVD Drive on a Toshiba Laptop. It worked fine with Windows Vista. I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate and now the incompatability. Looking all over the internet for a solution.

Contact Toshiba; if they have an update, they would be happy to provide it for you. Roxio does not and very few people without Roxio products come here. You may have gotten here via Google search. Good luck! wink.gif

Have you looked for a DVD HD users group?

Have you tried something like the free VLC player to play the discs?

Edited by sknis

Contact Toshiba; if they have an update, they would be happy to provide it for you. Roxio does not and very few people without Roxio products come here. You may have gotten here via Google search. Good luck! wink.gif

Have you looked for a DVD HD users group?

Have you tried something like the free VLC player to play the discs?

Thank you for your help. Yes I contacted Toshiba and they also mentioned to download VLC Player. Unfortunately it does not recognize the HD DVD movies after I downloaded it.

Thank you for your help. Yes I contacted Toshiba and they also mentioned to download VLC Player. Unfortunately it does not recognize the HD DVD movies after I downloaded it.

I guess you are out of luck. Perhaps you can sell the DVDs on e-bay?

READ post # 6 above.

Then Google for that version.