• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 BobSki1231

BobSki1231

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:10 AM

Just installed Windows 7 64bit on a Toshiba Laptop X-205 Sli-3.  I have Roxio 2011 installed, and would like to play some
HD Movies that I was able to play under Vista using Toshiba HD Player software with a Toshiba HD DVD Rom Drive.  The Toshiba HD Player will no longer work on on Windows 7.  CinePlayer and WMP plays other DVD movies, but will not recognize the movies in HD.  There is no firmware upgrade for the DVDW/HD TS-L802 Drive for Windows 7, I've already checked.  Does
anyone know how to get these HD movies to play either under CinePlayer or WMP under Windows 7? Not sure if I'm missing a codec that is needed, tried checking but was not sure what to install.  Attached my system specs from dxdiag if that will
help.

Attached Files

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,814 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:56 AM

View PostBobSki1231, on 12 December 2011 - 09:10 AM, said:

Just installed Windows 7 64bit on a Toshiba Laptop X-205 Sli-3.  I have Roxio 2011 installed, and would like to play some
HD Movies that I was able to play under Vista using Toshiba HD Player software with a Toshiba HD DVD Rom Drive.  The Toshiba HD Player will no longer work on on Windows 7.  CinePlayer and WMP plays other DVD movies, but will not recognize the movies in HD.  There is no firmware upgrade for the DVDW/HD TS-L802 Drive for Windows 7, I've already checked.  Does
anyone know how to get these HD movies to play either under CinePlayer or WMP under Windows 7? Not sure if I'm missing a codec that is needed, tried checking but was not sure what to install.  Attached my system specs from dxdiag if that will
help.

Please define HD.  Are you referring to   Blu-ray, AVCHD, 480 definition HD or the old obsolete HD that lost the battle with blu-ray? Where did you get the movies?
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 BobSki1231

BobSki1231

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for your reply! Its the obsolete HD that came installed with the Toshiba Satallite X-205 SLi-3 when it was purchased new.  Received 6 HD movies with the satallite.  Guess its really not a big deal, the player still works and plays CD's/DVD's.
Just thought if it was just a codec or something simple that would still recognize the movies then that would be great.
I recently installed an additional to gigs of ram and did a clean install from Vista to Windows 7.  I had Roxio 2011, and just installed it, thinking it might recognize the HD movies, but when I try and run them on Roxio's CinePlayer it doesn't recognize the HD Drive.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,814 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:00 AM

View PostBobSki1231, on 12 December 2011 - 08:04 PM, said:

Thanks for your reply! Its the obsolete HD that came installed with the Toshiba Satallite X-205 SLi-3 when it was purchased new.  Received 6 HD movies with the satallite.  Guess its really not a big deal, the player still works and plays CD's/DVD's.
Just thought if it was just a codec or something simple that would still recognize the movies then that would be great.
I recently installed an additional to gigs of ram and did a clean install from Vista to Windows 7.  I had Roxio 2011, and just installed it, thinking it might recognize the HD movies, but when I try and run them on Roxio's CinePlayer it doesn't recognize the HD Drive.

I think you may be out of luck.  Early versions of Cyberlink Power DVD had the capabilities to play the discs but they removed the capability from later versions.  I doubt that the earlier versions are W7 compatible.  Even if they were,  you would have to find and buy the software.  

What software was used originally to play the HD discs?   Have you contacted Toshiba to see if they have a recommendation?

Edited by sknis, 13 December 2011 - 04:03 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 BobSki1231

BobSki1231

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:25 AM

View Postsknis, on 13 December 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

I think you may be out of luck.  Early versions of Cyberlink Power DVD had the capabilities to play the discs but they removed the capability from later versions.  I doubt that the earlier versions are W7 compatible.  Even if they were,  you would have to find and buy the software.  

What software was used originally to play the HD discs?   Have you contacted Toshiba to see if they have a recommendation?

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,609 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:35 AM

The last Version of Cyberlink Power DVD that has support for HD DVD is 7.3.

If you have a copy of version 8, Google, Enabling HD DVD playback in PowerDVD 8 guide, second hit.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#7 BobSki1231

BobSki1231

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:45 AM

Thanks for your help and your right I'm SOL! The program that that was used was Toshiba's HD DVD Player.  I have the installer
which will install the driver and software, but its not compatible with Windows 7, and Toshiba is no longer supporting it.
Oh well . . . thanks for replying and trying to help.

#8 BobSki1231

BobSki1231

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:16 AM

I found the fix for the Toshiba HD DVD Player for Windows 7 32/64 bit.  I installed the software, but was not able to get it to work, it kept giving me an error; 'modules missing'.  After doing allot of checking on Toshiba's support site I found an update to Vista Service Pack 1.  If anyone is having the same problem you can search for it under; app_hd_dvd_player_os2008084a.  Make sure to set compatibility to Windows Vista Service Pack 1 in Toshiba HD DVD Player properties.

#9 optical01

optical01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:09 AM

View PostBobSki1231, on 13 December 2011 - 11:16 AM, said:

I found the fix for the Toshiba HD DVD Player for Windows 7 32/64 bit.  I installed the software, but was not able to get it to work, it kept giving me an error; 'modules missing'.  After doing allot of checking on Toshiba's support site I found an update to Vista Service Pack 1.  If anyone is having the same problem you can search for it under; app_hd_dvd_player_os2008084a.  Make sure to set compatibility to Windows Vista Service Pack 1 in Toshiba HD DVD Player properties.

My issue is that after installing Windows 7 Ultimate and the Toshiba 4.60.03 software the player notices the HD movies (Planet Earth) but only plays the intorduction and I cannot fast-forward to another title. Player works fine with standard DVDs, any suggestions?

#10 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,358 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:00 AM

View Postoptical01, on 30 December 2011 - 07:09 AM, said:

My issue is that after installing Windows 7 Ultimate and the Toshiba 4.60.03 software the player notices the HD movies (Planet Earth) but only plays the intorduction and I cannot fast-forward to another title. Player works fine with standard DVDs, any suggestions?
Then this really has nothing to do with Roxio???

You MUST have a HD DVD drive in your PC, no Standard DVD Player or even BD Drives can play an HD DVD...
Posted Image

#11 optical01

optical01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 30 December 2011 - 09:00 AM, said:

Then this really has nothing to do with Roxio???

You MUST have a HD DVD drive in your PC, no Standard DVD Player or even BD Drives can play an HD DVD...

Yes, I have a HD DVD Drive on a Toshiba Laptop. It worked fine with Windows Vista. I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate and now the incompatability. Looking all over the internet for a solution.

#12 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,814 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:53 AM

View Postoptical01, on 30 December 2011 - 06:55 PM, said:

Yes, I have a HD DVD Drive on a Toshiba Laptop. It worked fine with Windows Vista. I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate and now the incompatability. Looking all over the internet for a solution.

Contact Toshiba; if they have an update, they would be happy to provide it for you.  Roxio does not and very few people without Roxio products come here.  You may have gotten here via Google search.   Good luck! Posted Image

Have you looked for a DVD HD users group?

Have you tried something like the free VLC player to play the discs?

Edited by sknis, 31 December 2011 - 03:56 AM.

PC  

Apple =OSX 10.5

#13 optical01

optical01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:09 AM

View Postsknis, on 31 December 2011 - 03:53 AM, said:

Contact Toshiba; if they have an update, they would be happy to provide it for you.  Roxio does not and very few people without Roxio products come here.  You may have gotten here via Google search.   Good luck! Posted Image

Have you looked for a DVD HD users group?

Have you tried something like the free VLC player to play the discs?

Thank you for your help. Yes I contacted Toshiba and they also mentioned to download VLC Player. Unfortunately it does not recognize the HD DVD movies after I downloaded it.

#14 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,814 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:36 AM

View Postoptical01, on 31 December 2011 - 08:09 AM, said:

Thank you for your help. Yes I contacted Toshiba and they also mentioned to download VLC Player. Unfortunately it does not recognize the HD DVD movies after I downloaded it.

I guess you are out of luck.  Perhaps you can sell the DVDs on e-bay?
PC  

Apple =OSX 10.5

#15 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,609 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:20 AM

View Postoptical01, on 31 December 2011 - 08:09 AM, said:

READ post # 6 above.

Then Google for that version.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users