• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Inventison

Inventison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

I was using Creator 2010 Plust, but I just purchased Roxio 2012 Pro in hopes that I could fix this problem:

I just cant find a way to get the output resolution as good as the source file, (which is an AVI generated by Carrara 8).  This is for a business presentation, so fuzziness is not good.  The result looks sort of "blurred".  I need the sharpness of the source file.  It plays perfectly in Windows Media Player, but the output from RP2012 Videowave is blurry, seemingly no matter how a I "render" it.

Attached File  resolution difference.jpg   48.47K   1 downloads

My system is :

Attached File  systeminfo.JPG   81.88K   1 downloads

Also, look at the sharpness of the Roxio generated text overlayed onto the video.  It REALLY shows how the video is degraded.  This animation will be used to promote a prototype, and I need this for a projector presentation from a laptop, so from a video file. Please help!

Attached File  clarity contrast.JPG   64.2K   0 downloads

Inventison

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,576 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

View PostInventison, on 14 December 2011 - 04:19 PM, said:

I was using Creator 2010 Plust, but I just purchased Roxio 2012 Pro in hopes that I could fix this problem:

I just cant find a way to get the output resolution as good as the source file, (which is an AVI generated by Carrara 8).  This is for a business presentation, so fuzziness is not good.  The result looks sort of "blurred".  I need the sharpness of the source file.  It plays perfectly in Windows Media Player, but the output from RP2012 Videowave is blurry, seemingly no matter how a I "render" it.

Attachment resolution difference.jpg

My system is :

Attachment systeminfo.JPG

Also, look at the sharpness of the Roxio generated text overlayed onto the video.  It REALLY shows how the video is degraded.  This animation will be used to promote a prototype, and I need this for a projector presentation from a laptop, so from a video file. Please help!

Attachment clarity contrast.JPG

Inventison

Since you have not told us anything about your VW render setting, it is hard to offer any solution or recommendation. An "avi generated by Carara 8" is also not much information about the quality of the source.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 Inventison

Inventison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

View Postmyguggi, on 14 December 2011 - 04:48 PM, said:

Since you have not told us anything about your VW render setting, it is hard to offer any solution or recommendation. An "avi generated by Carara 8" is also not much information about the quality of the source.

Thank you for your fast reply!  I apologize for the lack of information,  I know from reading the other posts that is frustrating too you, and was unintentional.

I have tried:

DivX HD 1080p@30fps
DivX HD 720p@30fps
Mpeg High Definition 1080i
Mpeg High Dfeinition 1080p

I am new to this, but find the capabilities of the software to be wonderful. I just want to stop the video from degrading.  

As far as information about the file(s) generated by Carrara, I know they are uncompressed and there are four clips, because it will only render about 1/4th of the video without locking up, and the video is only 1min20sec in length.  Each clip is  about a Gig or a little less.  They look SOOO sharp when I play them with Windows media player as individual clips, but when I render from VW, I lose that.  

Is there a preferred format that I shold render from Carrara that is best to provide as a source for VW?

Here are the ouput settings I have used in Carrara, and some options in the dropdowns for what types of file to render:

Attached File  carrara info.jpg   137.43K   0 downloads

Thanks!

Inventison

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,580 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:00 AM

Still trying to understand the Source file??? Are they Antimated GIFs?

Your "size" should be the same as your intended Output! The 1000 X 750 is about as far from a Video Standard as you can get :o

DVD's are 720 X 480 & HD, like Blue-ray, is 1920 X 1080. Stick to these sized otherwise there will just be too many left over pixels when converting to Standard sizes ;)

Have you actually burned a disc yet? (RW discs are perfect to testing)

Could you post a sample file where we can download it and try it out? Sites like UpForDown are good ones.
Posted Image

#5 Inventison

Inventison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:09 AM

I was making the size so large in order to get high resolution when viewed.  I will try to make it the size you suggest and then get back to you.  I understand what you are saying. Once I try it with a known standard, I will re-evaluate.  Thanks!

Inventison

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,580 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:14 AM

OK! Keep us in the loop ~ looks to be an interesting project ;)
Posted Image

#7 Inventison

Inventison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:55 AM

Dear Guru,

There is still some rendering problem.  This time, I used Carrara 8, (as before), to render at 1280 X 720, an uncompressed AVI.  I then loaded that clip into VW and rendered as Windows Media Video 9, 1280 X 720 VBR.

Attached File  render from carrara then VW.jpg   109.66K   0 downloads

Note the loss of red in the rendering, and the loss of the richness of the blue.  It seems I am not having detail problems, but richness, and/or color problems.

I need to get this animation into VW, interspurse some clips of real-life video, then render it all.  This video will be used for a grant application for the ammount of $1,153,000.  (Literally, the SBIR grant, and I have a good shot at it!)

The crisper the animation the better.  I considered using Carrara to generate the final rendering, but then cannot put in real-life clips.  I am uploading a file to where you suggested in a few minutes.  It will be called "HELPMEGURU".

I am at the your, mercy, oh digital one.

Inventison

#8 Inventison

Inventison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:01 AM

Sorry Guru,

did not get the file name changed.  I am logged in to UpForDown as Inventison.  How do I make the file available to you?

It is called red brick floor blah blah blah.

Inventison

#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,580 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:29 AM

I tried several variations of 'brick floor' but found nothing there...

If you log on and locate your file, you should be presented with these choices:

Attached File  Image1.jpg   128.58K   0 downloads

Copy & paste any one of those here, we can make it work ;)

A screen shot of your project while it is in VideoWave would be helpful.

Make Sure you are not using 'Auto Color'.

Attached File  Image2.jpg   199.78K   0 downloads

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users