• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 haymoose

haymoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

I reached out to Roxio after upgrading to OS X Lion about the fact that Mac2TiVo crashes on start every time I launch it whether it is set up for launch on start or from a cold launch of the App.

Here we sit in December and still the App does not run. I did not pay for Titanium for Toast, TiVo Transfer or any of the other Apps in the bundle except for Mac2TiVo. It is the App for which I made my 'buy' decision. So, here I sit with an unusable App and when I email support in complaint I am sent a link for refund well after the 30 days has expired. Is that really the BEST you can do Roxio?

Thanks for forcing me to search for an alternative piTiVoX does great and lets us watch our home movies on the TiVo shared locally just great! I wish I had found it before buying Toast Titanium. But alas, you already know I won't be giving Roxio and more money anyhow, now don't you?

Thanks agin for nothing.

#2 imadge

imadge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

I have used Mac2Tivo frequently with Toast 10 and Snow Leopard. It was my favorite app. But like you, with Lion and Toast 11, NOTHING! And there's no one to speak to on the phone, either. I phoned Tivo for tech support first, and they were excellent. You'd think a company like Roxio could do the right thing for its customers. I'm very annoyed at this point.

What is the alternative you found? I'd consider buying it, too.

View Posthaymoose, on 17 December 2011 - 02:58 PM, said:

I reached out to Roxio after upgrading to OS X Lion about the fact that Mac2TiVo crashes on start every time I launch it whether it is set up for launch on start or from a cold launch of the App.

Here we sit in December and still the App does not run. I did not pay for Titanium for Toast, TiVo Transfer or any of the other Apps in the bundle except for Mac2TiVo. It is the App for which I made my 'buy' decision. So, here I sit with an unusable App and when I email support in complaint I am sent a link for refund well after the 30 days has expired. Is that really the BEST you can do Roxio?

Thanks for forcing me to search for an alternative piTiVoX does great and lets us watch our home movies on the TiVo shared locally just great! I wish I had found it before buying Toast Titanium. But alas, you already know I won't be giving Roxio and more money anyhow, now don't you?

Thanks agin for nothing.

Edited by imadge, 21 December 2011 - 03:24 PM.

#3 WilloSF

WilloSF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:32 AM

This is not acceptable.  I have wasted so much time trying to make this work and had to DIG to find out it just isn't compatible with Lion and any of the Macs in the house (all upgraded in the past year).  This was set up for my family and they had to upgrade their Macs this year and now none of their media will play to TiVo because MAc2TiVo won't work in Lion—how long has Lion been out?  How much has Roxio been advertising this product?  This is a huge selling point for the Toast bundle, but they never tell anyone it won't work on the current OS or remotely new machines.  

Grumble.

#4 GSimpson

GSimpson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

Lion has been out nearly 6 months now. There is no notation anywhere that I can see on the Roxio site that mentions Mac2Tivo does not work with Lion. I upgraded to Toast 11 specifically to be able to transfer recorded shows to my Tivo box again. The lack of support on this issue is appalling!!!

#5 DAE

DAE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:10 AM

View Posthaymoose, on 17 December 2011 - 02:58 PM, said:

Thanks agin for nothing.

Has anyone found a soulution or an update?  As of 2/1/12 I am running Mac2TiVo 1.2.0 and I can't get tivo content to appear in the window or loaded after drag/drop.  I'm ready to give up, but hoping there's still hope! - Help!

#6 Thompsoe85

Thompsoe85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

View PostDAE, on 01 February 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

Has anyone found a soulution or an update?  As of 2/1/12 I am running Mac2TiVo 1.2.0 and I can't get tivo content to appear in the window or loaded after drag/drop.  I'm ready to give up, but hoping there's still hope! - Help!

I have the same problem. I bought a Mac a few months ago with Lion. And I bought Toast 11. I can't get the videos on the Mac to transfer to the Tivo. Even the videos from my old PC that worked before, and are now on the Mac, no transfer. This needs a fix. If Roxio does not intend to support 'Mac 2 Tivo', they should say so and remove it and stop advertising it. Probably a bad business move these days with Apple selling so well.

#7 zugvogel

zugvogel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

yepp, same here - this is beyond annoying!
Roxio, please update Mac2Tivo quickly. You have had way more than enough time to catch up with Lion now......

#8 imadge

imadge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

I was able to update Mac2Tivo last night and it's working fine. I'm using Lion 10.7.3 and Mac2TiVo 1.2.1 (104).

Edited by imadge, 17 February 2012 - 09:02 AM.

#9 imadge

imadge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

As of now, 2/27, Mac2Tivo is not working, again. Redownloaded most recent update, but guess what? Mac2Tivo regressed to v.1.2.0. It doesn't work. And the 1.2.1 is gone from Roxio. What's with these people? Why such lousey support? Who do we complain to? I'm pretty sick of this.

#10 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,666 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

View Postimadge, on 27 February 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

As of now, 2/27, Mac2Tivo is not working, again. Redownloaded most recent update, but guess what? Mac2Tivo regressed to v.1.2.0. It doesn't work. And the 1.2.1 is gone from Roxio. What's with these people? Why such lousey support? Who do we complain to? I'm pretty sick of this.
I've never seen version 1.2.1. Did Roxio send that to you directly?
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users