• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mr.c

mr.c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

I am using Videowave for a slide show, It plays perfect on the computer screen but everytime I try to burn a copy several of the picture files render and burn black. Why? The next time I try it... different files come up black....
Another issue is that all of my small picture files have all deteriorated but when you click on one it perfect in the big screen. Does anyone know why?

I have tried software vs hardware, burns I have defraged, updated all of my drivers... Even replace the video card....

Any help or information would be helpful.

Thanking you in advance,

Chris

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,882 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

View Postmr.c, on 18 December 2011 - 02:40 PM, said:

I am using Videowave for a slide show, It plays perfect on the computer screen but everytime I try to burn a copy several of the picture files render and burn black. Why? The next time I try it... different files come up black....
Another issue is that all of my small picture files have all deteriorated but when you click on one it perfect in the big screen. Does anyone know why?

I have tried software vs hardware, burns I have defraged, updated all of my drivers... Even replace the video card....

Thanking you in advance,

Chris

How are you burning the slideshow to DVD? What burn settings are you using? How long in time is your slideshow? Are you using any transitions and/or effects in your show?

Videowave does not do any burning.

What small pictures have deteriorated? What exactly do you mean by that? Are you talking about the thumbnails images on the storyline?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,700 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:14 PM

View Postmr.c, on 18 December 2011 - 02:40 PM, said:

Thanking you in advance,

Chris

Hi Chris,

To get back to the sharp preview in Video Wave, delete the project's DAT files (same folder as where you are saving your project).  This sometimes happens.  They will be immediately rebuilt.

The fact that different images  go black, points to a encode and burn issue.  Your computer just can't do both at the same time.  When you have your project set to burn (remember to burn at the best quality), uncheck burn to disc and select "ISO file.  Set the name and location you want the ISO file.  Once the project is encoded, use the "Burn ISO to Disc" application on the DAT/copy page.  Other prefer burn folder set especially if the project is close to 2 hours.

If the images that went black were always the same ones, it would point to an image issue.  The usual fix for that is to do a small edit of the image in the storyline.  Double clicking on an image  will open a  image editor, you could apply a smart  fix (which won't do much) or a 1pixel blur which also won't do much either).

As to why these things work, who really knows. !Posted Image
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#4 mr.c

mr.c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

View Postmyguggi, on 18 December 2011 - 03:09 PM, said:

How are you burning the slideshow to DVD? What burn settings are you using? How long in time is your slideshow? Are you using any transitions and/or effects in your show?

Videowave does not do any burning.

What small pictures have deteriorated? What exactly do you mean by that? Are you talking about the thumbnails images on the storyline?
I created the 28 min 160 picture (on scree for 12 - 16 sec's) with transitions between all of them 2.3 to 5 sec's for each transition)

Yes I am talking about my thumnails deteriorating....

I save my Videowave, Then click on output, then click send to my DVD, Tool options I tried redering w/ software and then again w/ hardware and used 6x  to 12x yet I always get 10 to 12 file rendered in black.

Any thoughts

Thank you for your help on this issue.

Chris

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,700 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

View Postmr.c, on 18 December 2011 - 03:37 PM, said:

I created the 28 min 160 picture (on scree for 12 - 16 sec's) with transitions between all of them 2.3 to 5 sec's for each transition)

I save my Videowave, Then click on output, then click send to my DVD, Tool options I tried redering w/ software and then again w/ hardware and used 6x  to 12x yet I always get 10 to 12 file rendered in black.

Any thoughts

Chris

Chris, did you read/understand my post?
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#6 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,882 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

View Postmr.c, on 18 December 2011 - 03:37 PM, said:

Any thoughts

Chris

First of all, do what sknis suggested in his post.

If you still have problems; then:

List your computer specs similar to what I and others have in out signature.
Does your project play correctly in the myDVD Preview?
Do you have the missing pictures if you leave out the transitions?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#7 mr.c

mr.c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

View Postsknis, on 18 December 2011 - 03:49 PM, said:

Chris, did you read/understand my post?
Yes... and thank both of  for youe quick responses.... I tries the ISO file burn but some of the same picture files came up black... I had to run out for a while so in the next 24 hours I will try everything you guys are saying... Thanks again.. It's definitely more exact than Roxio has given me to date.
Chris

#8 mr.c

mr.c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:49 PM

Here is something I just discovered when trying to  small edit of the image in the storyline.

Message says" not enough storage is available tp complete this operation" then it shows the words no Image in the edit screen...

How big can JPEG be? is there a max?

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users