8 replies to this topic

#1 GLOR

GLOR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

HI

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT ROXIO TOAST 11 PRO. I THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE WHAT I NEEDED TO TRANSFER MY HOME MOVIE DVD'S INTO IMOVIE. I AM TRYING TO DO A 21ST COLLECTION FOR MY GRANDSON. HAVE I BOUGHT THE RIGHT SOFTWARE

PLEASE HELP

#2 nolanscott

nolanscott

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:23 PM

In Toast 11 open the Convert Tab / from the drop-down choose DVD Disc...
Your inserted disc should appear in the window below...
Otherwise drag your disc-image into it...
This works of course only with your own, or unprotected DVDís...
Click the Convert button / from the drop-down choose your iMovie readable codec,
size and sound settings...
Click Convert...

Regards
Nolan

#3 GLOR

GLOR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

In Toast 11 open the Convert Tab / from the drop-down choose DVD Disc...
Your inserted disc should appear in the window below...
Otherwise drag your disc-image into it...
This works of course only with your own, or unprotected DVDís...
Click the Convert button / from the drop-down choose your iMovie readable codec,
size and sound settings...
Click Convert...

Regards
Nolan

#4 GLOR

GLOR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

Thanks very much Nolan

I haven't been able to put your answer to practise because when I eject the Toast CD I then can't access it. There is a folder in Finder but when I click that I get a message saying the Folder "Toast 11 Titanium" can't be opened because you don't have permission to see it's contents.
Can you please help me with that.
Regards Gloria

#5 nolanscott

nolanscott

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:34 PM

Not really sure what your’e trying to do...?

After you converted your DVD you should have an iMovie readable QuickTime Movie File
on your hard-drive, in the location where you saved that file...

Either play that movie with QuickTime or import it into iMovie and play it there...

Regards
Nolan

Edited by nolanscott, 21 December 2011 - 06:15 PM.

#6 GLOR

GLOR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

Not really sure what youríe trying to do...?

After you converted your DVD you should have an iMovie readable QuickTime Movie File
on your hard-drive, in the location where you saved that file...

Either play that movie with QuickTime or import it into iMovie and play it there...

Regards
Nolan

Sorry Nolan, I'm not explaining this very well. Now I have got a Toast icon on my desktop. When I double click the icon I get nothing. It just won't open up to the Toast assistant. I thought I had it, but I'm back to square one again.
I have been using Roxio for my VHS tapes and didn't find that nearly as challenging as this. I can't even get to converting to do what you have told me to do.

#7 nolanscott

nolanscott

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:21 AM

To convert a DVD-Video disc

1 From the Assistant or the main Toast window, click Convert.

2 From the Assistant, double-click DVD Disc. From the main Toast window, choose DVD Disc from the format selection menu.

3 Select your source disc in the pull-down menu. A summary of the information that will be copied appears in the Content Area.

4 Click Options to select which individual movies, extras, and audio languages will be converted. See Changing Copy Options on page 126 for more information.

5 Click the red Convert button.

6 Choose the output format, device, or website for which video should be optimized.

7 Select a video quality level.

8 Video conversion can consume a large share of your computerís resources. To schedule the conversion for a later time, click Schedule and set a time for the conversion.

9 Choose a location such as a folder on your hard disk or send the video directly to iTunes.

10 Click Convert to continue.

#8 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,131 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:54 AM

Thanks very much Nolan

I haven't been able to put your answer to practise because when I eject the Toast CD I then can't access it. There is a folder in Finder but when I click that I get a message saying the Folder "Toast 11 Titanium" can't be opened because you don't have permission to see it's contents.
Can you please help me with that.
Regards Gloria

Go to the Roxio Software Updates page ad download the Toast 11.0.4 update. Then run the installer on this update. After doing that you should be able to open the Toast 11 Titanium folder, launch Toast and go through the Toast set-up assistant so you can start using Toast.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#9 Alogicat

Alogicat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:07 AM

Before I import DVD movies to iMovie, I would firstly convert them to iMovie supported formats, like .mp4, .mov. Once the video is compatible with iMovie, I can edit it as wish. Maybe you can follow the tutorial I tried: http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/dvd-to-imovie.html 

It's simple and there's just three steps, you can import your DVD movies to iMovie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users