Roxio Community

No Patriotic Songs To Add That Are Free, Why?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Friendly

Friendly

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:46 PM

I am making a Memorial for my father who fought in WWII THERE ARE No Patriotic Songs to add that are FREE, why? I was doing this for our family none of the Photo Show 2010 music is of a Patriotic or Armed Services type UNLESS I PAY FOR MORE SONGS.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,203 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:46 AM

View PostFriendly, on 20 December 2011 - 05:46 PM, said:

I am making a Memorial for my father who fought in WWII THERE ARE No Patriotic Songs to add that are FREE, why? I was doing this for our family none of the Photo Show 2010 music is of a Patriotic or Armed Services type UNLESS I PAY FOR MORE SONGS.

You can add any of the music you have on your compouter as mp3 files.   You should already have some of those on your computer.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,690 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:45 AM

View PostFriendly, on 20 December 2011 - 05:46 PM, said:

I clicked the first one in this Google search, plenty of free ones.

Google is your friend.

http://www.google.co...313l6.10.1l17l0
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#4 Friendly

Friendly

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:20 AM

View Postsknis, on 21 December 2011 - 03:46 AM, said:

You can add any of the music you have on your compouter as mp3 files.   You should already have some of those on your computer.

Can you give me some idea how to do that? I do have the music on my PC, however the only music of a Patriotic type the Photo Show offers requires me to sign up for the Upgrade. How do I use my own MP3s? Thank you.

#5 Friendly

Friendly

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:56 AM

View PostFriendly, on 21 December 2011 - 05:20 AM, said:

Can you give me some idea how to do that? I do have the music on my PC, however the only music of a Patriotic type the Photo Show offers requires me to sign up for the Upgrade. How do I use my own MP3s? Thank you.

If I try to ADD MY MUSIC or ADD OTHER MUSIC either option REQUIRES ME TO SIGN UP FOR THE FULL SUBSCRIPTION, I CAN NOT ADD MY OWN MP3.

I have dozens of MILITARY THEME SONGS AND MUSIC and all are MP3s but Roxio Photo Show DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO USE ANYTHING BUT THE FEW THEY OFFER AND NONE OF MY OWN without paying them more money.

As I said this was a Christmas Present to my family of our father's military career, he was a the Japanese Attack on 12/7/1941 and enlisted in 1937 however with Roxio 2010 I can only use the few tunes they offer and NONE ARE OF A PATRIOTIC NATURE.

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,690 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

with Roxio 2010

Roxio PhotoShow

What software are you using, correct name and version please?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#7 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,203 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:49 AM

The "free"  version of PHOTOSHOW does not allow you to use your own mp3 files. There are other limitations also do you know what they are - there are limitations on the number of images, the ability to burn to a disc, the amount of time that the slide show is available, the limits on the types of video files that can be used?   Go to the help menu to get more information.

Here is what you get with the premium membership;  link:

Now, did you just download the free version from the internet or did it come with another Roxio product such as a Creator 2010?    If so, and if you don't have the premium membership, you can and should use '"Edit Video -Advanced aka Video Wave to make you slide show.  There are many more options including adding music, a longer list of transitions, etc.

Edited by sknis, 21 December 2011 - 11:50 AM.

Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#8 Friendly

Friendly

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:33 PM

View Postsknis, on 21 December 2011 - 11:49 AM, said:

The "free"  version of PHOTOSHOW does not allow you to use your own mp3 files. There are other limitations also do you know what they are - there are limitations on the number of images, the ability to burn to a disc, the amount of time that the slide show is available, the limits on the types of video files that can be used?   Go to the help menu to get more information.

Here is what you get with the premium membership;  link:

Now, did you just download the free version from the internet or did it come with another Roxio product such as a Creator 2010?    If so, and if you don't have the premium membership, you can and should use '"Edit Video -Advanced aka Video Wave to make you slide show.  There are many more options including adding music, a longer list of transitions, etc.

I have the Roxio Creator Special Edition 2010 and believe me it was NOT FREE, we paid a good buck for it. I thought it was going to have everything I needed to do the kinds of things I do.

NO WHERE DID IT SAY IT IS A LIMITED EDITION, LIMITED TO DO NEXT TO NOTHING UNLESS YOU PAY FOR MORE.

I have friends on a number of other computer sites and believe me they are all aware of just how limited the special edition is. It should be called the LIMITED EDITION NOT THE SPECIAL EDITION, SOUNDS LIKE THE SATURDAY NIGHT SPECIAL THAT SHOT ONE IN THE FOOT.

#9 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,576 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:00 PM

View PostFriendly, on 21 December 2011 - 05:33 PM, said:

I have the Roxio Creator Special Edition 2010 and believe me it was NOT FREE, we paid a good buck for it. I thought it was going to have everything I needed to do the kinds of things I do.

NO WHERE DID IT SAY IT IS A LIMITED EDITION, LIMITED TO DO NEXT TO NOTHING UNLESS YOU PAY FOR MORE.

I have friends on a number of other computer sites and believe me they are all aware of just how limited the special edition is. It should be called the LIMITED EDITION NOT THE SPECIAL EDITION, SOUNDS LIKE THE SATURDAY NIGHT SPECIAL THAT SHOT ONE IN THE FOOT.

I don't know what you mean "LIMITED TO DO NEXT TO NOTHING". The PhotoShow included with your special edition (incidentally not sold by Roxio) is a limited version of the full retail version but the Videowave program included in C2010 does a lot more then PhotoShow as it is a full fledged video editor with which you can create much better slideshows then with PhotoShow

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#10 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,203 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:39 AM

View Postmyguggi, on 21 December 2011 - 06:00 PM, said:

I don't know what you mean "LIMITED TO DO NEXT TO NOTHING". The PhotoShow included with your special edition (incidentally not sold by Roxio) is a limited version of the full retail version but the Videowave program included in C2010 does a lot more then PhotoShow as it is a full fledged video editor with which you can create much better slideshows then with PhotoShow

Friendly just to let you know what we are talking about   ,this is a link to a series of tutorial videos  made by one the the members of this group. (karri)

Please take the time to look at the videos; it will be beneficial.  You will end up having a much better show for your family.  The extra work will be worth it..

Happy Holidays ! Posted Image

Apple =OSX 10.5

#11 karri

karri

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,505 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:13 AM

Just thinking .... would Friendly be able to output his slideshow from Photoshow and them import to VideoWave so he doesn't have to start over, and then add his mp3's to the VW production?(I don't have Photoshow)

Edited by karri, 22 December 2011 - 04:14 AM.

Dell Studio XPS (desktop)
Windows 7 | Core i7 | 12 GB Memory |
ATI HD 5870

Dell Studio XPS (laptop)
Windows 7 | Core i7 | 4 GB Memory
| ATI HD 5730

Roxio
Creator 2012

Creator 2009-12 / Easy Media Creator Tutorials
Roxio Tutorials on Youtube
Roxio Central Learning Center

Roxio MyMoments Tips and Tutorials
Beginner Tips for VideoWave and PhotoSuite
Roxio Creator Getting Started Guide
Roxio Creator User Guide

#12 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,203 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

View Postkarri, on 22 December 2011 - 04:13 AM, said:

Just thinking .... would Friendly be able to output his slideshow from Photoshow and them import to VideoWave so he doesn't have to start over, and then add his mp3's to the VW production?(I don't have Photoshow)

I don't know what capabilities are for the free version.  Form what I see, you cannot burn a DVD at home.   I don't know for example if the free PhotoShow gives you the ability to output to any knid of a file or to video wave.  I do know that the "Create Slide Show " application that you can reach via Video Wave does finish in Video Wave.

karri, just open the PhotoShow application from the sales page (free version) and see if you can get to the Hep menu.

Other than that, Friendly will have to answer the questions about output from PhotoShow.  He may be able to output to a file and then edit that file in Video Wave but he'll have to tell us about output.

Apple =OSX 10.5

#13 Dan Carter

Dan Carter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:25 AM

You purchased "Roxio Creator Special Edition 2010". Seems to me that, like most other software companies, they included a basic version of Photoshow along with this to allow you to see what it can do. If you like it, you are free to upgrade to the full version.

Just as when you purchase, say, Windows. They include a basic version of AOL and other basic software for a "try and buy" experience. Quit being a cheapskate and spend the $40. Do you work for free? Why should the designers and developers of any software work for free? If you want it, spend the bucks. If not, be on your way.

#14 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,203 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostDan Carter, on 22 February 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

You purchased "Roxio Creator Special Edition 2010". Seems to me that, like most other software companies, they included a basic version of Photoshow along with this to allow you to see what it can do. If you like it, you are free to upgrade to the full version.

Just as when you purchase, say, Windows. They include a basic version of AOL and other basic software for a "try and buy" experience. Quit being a cheapskate and spend the $40. Do you work for free? Why should the designers and developers of any software work for free? If you want it, spend the bucks. If not, be on your way.

Dan, you posted to a 2 month old thread where the origianal poster did not come back after he found out what he wanted to know.

We try to be kinder than your last response.  Sometimes we succeed and sometimes we don't.   In this case, yours was slightly over the top and without consideration for the original poster's situation.

Apple =OSX 10.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users