joca

Up To 2012 Or Not

Question

Having experienced a torrid time for 10 days trying to install creator pro 2011 I wonder if I upgrade to 2012 will I find the same difficulty or has it been made easier to install

Edited by joca

11 answers to this question

Installation logs?

Sorry I seemed to be confusing the issue here. I now have 2011 installed please go to http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/79154-ok-now-im-desperate/ my question really is am I likely to meet the same problems in Pro 2012 if I was to upgrade because if there are installation issues with 2012 I will give it a miss for now afater just spending 10 very frustrating days with 2011.

Sorry I seemed to be confusing the issue here. I now have 2011 installed please go to http://forums.suppor...w-im-desperate/ my question really is am I likely to meet the same problems in Pro 2012 if I was to upgrade because if there are installation issues with 2012 I will give it a miss for now afater just spending 10 very frustrating days with 2011.

Yes, it is likely that you will run into the same issue with Creator 2012 if you are not carefull. Creator 2012 will uninstall Creator 2011.

Since you now have Creator 2011 runnning properly, is there any reason that you need to upgrade? Is there something new in Creator 2012 that you need?

Edited by sknis

Yes, it is likely that you will run into the same issue with Creator 2012 if you are not carefull. Creator 2012 will uninstall Creator 2011.

Since you now have Creator 2011 runnning properly, is there any reason that you need to upgrade? Is there something new in Creator 2012 that you need?

To be honest I have not really studied the differences in the upgrade apart from the extra effects normally there are usually some improvements in upgrades, but as you say if there are issues then I might as well stay where I am and I can quite easily (tongue in cheek) create effects in after effects but it's nice to use Roxio effects for transitions etc particularly the 3D ones.

To be honest I have not really studied the differences in the upgrade apart from the extra effects normally there are usually some improvements in upgrades, but as you say if there are issues then I might as well stay where I am and I can quite easily (tongue in cheek) create effects in after effects but it's nice to use Roxio effects for transitions etc particularly the 3D ones.

I know you have a different and long thread going but this may be lost. The ability to use 3D effects is entirely dependet on you video card/chip. So I don;t have to sort thorugh it , what do you have AND when was the last time you updated the drivers?

Hint, edit your signature via Settings/ Profile (tab) and then Edit my Signature. Put your information in your signature; look at other examples to see what to put into your signature.

I know you have a different and long thread going but this may be lost. The ability to use 3D effects is entirely dependet on you video card/chip. So I don;t have to sort thorugh it , what do you have AND when was the last time you updated the drivers?

Hint, edit your signature via Settings/ Profile (tab) and then Edit my Signature. Put your information in your signature; look at other examples to see what to put into your signature.

Thanks for that I have updated my signature. Yes I realised there was a long thread which was mainly about intalling 2011 and I thought whether to continue with that but thought it may get a bit too long so I created a new topic. All drivers are fully up to date. I am now thinking of my next purchases of MAYBE a graghics card but I thought I would see where the onboard card takes first.

Thanks for that I have updated my signature. Yes I realised there was a long thread which was mainly about intalling 2011 and I thought whether to continue with that but thought it may get a bit too long so I created a new topic. All drivers are fully up to date. I am now thinking of my next purchases of MAYBE a graghics card but I thought I would see where the onboard card takes first.

I was going to suggest that you double check the update to the video driver for that card but there hasn't been one since early 2010. I know that you said you were updated but you would be surprised how many people say that and then find out that they are 4 or 5 versions behind. If what I read was correct, there is only one graphics card slow so you can't upgrade a much powerful card. Those gaming cards take 2 slows and a lot of power. I'm not sure that a new graphisc card is the answer and I doubt that you'll gain much with Creator 2012 except the "new" features.

I was going to suggest that you double check the update to the video driver for that card but there hasn't been one since early 2010. I know that you said you were updated but you would be surprised how many people say that and then find out that they are 4 or 5 versions behind. If what I read was correct, there is only one graphics card slow so you can't upgrade a much powerful card. Those gaming cards take 2 slows and a lot of power. I'm not sure that a new graphisc card is the answer and I doubt that you'll gain much with Creator 2012 except the "new" features.

I find one dated 12/13/2011 for his on-board Graphics Controller ATI Radeon HD 4250 running W-7 x32/x64.

I find one dated 12/13/2011 for his on-board Graphics Controller ATI Radeon HD 4250 running W-7 x32/x64.

Where? I looked at the mobo site.

post a shot of your DirectX Diagnostic Tool, Display Tab please.

post-97-075355800 1324932457.jpg

post-97-069463300 1324932212.jpg

post-97-096165700 1324932231.jpg

post a shot of your DirectX Diagnostic Tool, Display Tab please.

post-97-075355800 1324932457.jpg

post-97-069463300 1324932212.jpg

post-97-096165700 1324932231.jpg

Duly posted

post-93581-050854900 1324998167.jpg