Jump to content

Roxio Community

Can't Import From Digital Camera


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PaulEB

PaulEB

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:25 PM

There's got to be a way,but I can't find it. In Roxio Media Import,all I can find is the Rmovable Disk dropdown to import pictures.How do I import directly from my Digital Camera? I'm using Windows XP(media Center 2005).My graphics card is 2600XT and I have Creator 2011.Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

#2 myguggi

myguggi

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,985 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:26 PM

*
Best Answer

View PostPaulEB, on 22 December 2011 - 07:25 PM, said:

There's got to be a way,but I can't find it. In Roxio Media Import,all I can find is the Rmovable Disk dropdown to import pictures.How do I import directly from my Digital Camera? I'm using Windows XP(media Center 2005).My graphics card is 2600XT and I have Creator 2011.Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Does Windows Explorer see your camera? It should show up as just another removable device.
How have you connected the camera to your PC.

There is no need to use "import" to get images from the camera to your PC, just copy them using Windows Explorer to a folder of your choice.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset


#3 Elroy Stolle

Elroy Stolle

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

waiting for the best answer.

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,527 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:49 AM

View PostElroy Stolle, on 27 December 2011 - 06:24 PM, said:

waiting for the best answer.
The 'green one' is The Best Answer... do you still have a question? :huh:
Posted Image

#5 PaulEB

PaulEB

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:10 PM

View Postmyguggi, on 22 December 2011 - 08:26 PM, said:

Does Windows Explorer see your camera? It should show up as just another removable device.
How have you connected the camera to your PC.

There is no need to use "import" to get images from the camera to your PC, just copy them using Windows Explorer to a folder of your choice.

Thank you for answering. My computer recognizes the camera and I can import pictures through  Windows/My Pictures,I was
under the Impression I would be able to import through Roxio 2011.This would save time editing and making projects.

#6 myguggi

myguggi

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,985 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

View PostPaulEB, on 29 December 2011 - 03:10 PM, said:

Thank you for answering. My computer recognizes the camera and I can import pictures through  Windows/My Pictures,I was
under the Impression I would be able to import through Roxio 2011.This would save time editing and making projects.

Importing through Roxio would not save anything. Simply copy the image files from the camera to a folder on your hard drive - the same thing that C2011 would do.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset


#7 PaulEB

PaulEB

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

View Postmyguggi, on 29 December 2011 - 03:18 PM, said:

Importing through Roxio would not save anything. Simply copy the image files from the camera to a folder on your hard drive - the same thing that C2011 would do.

Got it! C2011 wouldn't put the pictures into the 2011 Suite. I would still have to put them into C2011 to edit or make a project. Thanks again.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users